Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1696
    I don't know who is more hated by their respective fanbase. Howie or Jerry LOL.

I wouldn't hate a Pitts pick if somehow we packaged Gallup for another first or second. Can't keep 3 number 1 WRs and Pitts would be under control for 5 years reasonably.

I'm not sure if Gallup is worth a first. For a 2nd sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    There would have to be someone that really wants him or just really needs a WR. Would the Chiefs, Packers or Bills be willing to give up their first for Gallup? He would immensely help all three offenses. Thinking of him on the Chiefs is a pretty scary thought. The Cowboys would get really lucky if they were able to pull this off.

More than likely it would be for a 2nd. I think they could still put a package together to move back up in the 1st for Moehrig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I wouldn't hate a Pitts pick if somehow we packaged Gallup for another first or second. Can't keep 3 number 1 WRs and Pitts would be under control for 5 years reasonably.
    I actually think this is a solid idea for the Cowboys. Cowboys could have Pitts, lamb, copper and they could get another WR later in the draft but...

... there is no way they are getting a 1st for Gallup. Dudes good but hasnít been consistent and this is supposedly a loaded WR draft. Going back to mambas control point. Why would a team give up a 1st for an inconsistent Gallup when they can pick a WR in the first and control him for 5 years cheaply?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

No one will trade a first for Gallup.
    The cowboys wonít trade him for a third as they can keep him for a year then get a third as a comp pick.
    A second round pick makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    No one will trade a first for Gallup.
    The cowboys wonít trade him for a third as they can keep him for a year then get a third as a comp pick.
    A second round pick makes the most sense.
    If you trade him for a 3rd you get the comp pick higher and a year earlier without the risk of an offsetting signing. I donít get the logic of waiting here.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I actually think this is a solid idea for the Cowboys. Cowboys could have Pitts, lamb, copper and they could get another WR later in the draft but...

... there is no way they are getting a 1st for Gallup. Dudes good but hasnít been consistent and this is supposedly a loaded WR draft. Going back to mambas control point. Why would a team give up a 1st for an inconsistent Gallup when they can pick a WR in the first and control him for 5 years cheaply?

Yeah, as Mr.B said above I was thinking of some WR needy teams at the end of the first round like GB, KC, etc. They could get a controllable WR with their pick but there is no guarantee that they will produce in the NFL and these teams are still in Super Bowl or bust mode. So I could see them ponying up for a really good WR like Gallup who would really impact both offenses. A second is the most likely scenario for Gallup though.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If you trade him for a 3rd you get the comp pick higher and a year earlier without the risk of an offsetting signing. I donít get the logic of waiting here.

Waiting means we get to use Gallup's services for another year which will be much better than what a 3rd round pick could provide us this year. So waiting would absolutely make sense. If they traded Gallup for a third that'd be crazy. Especially because we could still decide to move on from Cooper and keep Gallup for whatever reason (maybe Cooper suffers injury, become ineffective, etc.). It leaves options open with minimal cost.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Cowboys wonít be in a position to sign big free agents. They really value their comp picks.
    Having Gallup play an entire year and getting that production is worth the delay of a third.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Cowboys wonít be in a position to sign big free agents. They really value their comp picks.
    Having Gallup play an entire year and getting that production is worth the delay of a third.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, as Mr.B said above I was thinking of some WR needy teams at the end of the first round like GB, KC, etc. They could get a controllable WR with their pick but there is no guarantee that they will produce in the NFL and these teams are still in Super Bowl or bust mode. So I could see them ponying up for a really good WR like Gallup who would really impact both offenses. A second is the most likely scenario for Gallup though.

Waiting means we get to use Gallup's services for another year which will be much better than what a 3rd round pick could provide us this year. So waiting would absolutely make sense. If they traded Gallup for a third that'd be crazy. Especially because we could still decide to move on from Cooper and keep Gallup for whatever reason (maybe Cooper suffers injury, become ineffective, etc.). It leaves options open with minimal cost.
    Yea realistically a 2nd would be the high end of Gallupís value. They would only get a 1st if one the elite teams felt Gallup is a better option that what they could get at the bottom of the 1st. The Cowboys would be lucky for that to happen.

A 2nd is more realistic and more reasonable. As for a market for him, I agree that teams may look at Gallup and think they might be better off drafting a WR in a deep draft. You have to remember though that just because itís a deep WR draft there is no guarantee that a rookie will develop. Gallup is already developed. Is he inconsistent? Yea but I think that more to do with the Cowboys other weapons. Thereís only 1 ball.

I don't know who is more hated by their respective fanbase. Howie or Jerry LOL.
    daniel snyder
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

According to football outsiders, the eagles had the 3rd most adjusted games lost due to injury, and by far the most of any team on offense.

Not surprising, they were crushed with injuries last year, especially on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    daniel snyder
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yea realistically a 2nd would be the high end of Gallupís value. They would only get a 1st if one the elite teams felt Gallup is a better option that what they could get at the bottom of the 1st. The Cowboys would be lucky for that to happen.

A 2nd is more realistic and more reasonable. As for a market for him, I agree that teams may look at Gallup and think they might be better off drafting a WR in a deep draft. You have to remember though that just because itís a deep WR draft there is no guarantee that a rookie will develop. Gallup is already developed. Is he inconsistent? Yea but I think that more to do with the Cowboys other weapons. Thereís only 1 ball.

But a lot of his value comes because of his rookie contract in my opinion. The fact that itís almost up means his value is lower. OTC values him at about $12mill per year which is higher than what they valued galloday at (before he got 18mill per year). I just donít think a team would be willing to give up a 2nd for him AND overpay to keep him as well.

Page 74 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast