Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 180 of 229 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3425
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The last 30 SB winning QBís starting with the most recent.

Tom Brady (top 10)
    Patrick Mahomes (top 10)
    Tom Brady (top 10)
    Nick Foles
    Tom Brady (top 10)
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady (top 10)
    Russell Wilson (top 10)
    Joe Flacco (top 10)
    Eli Manning
    Aaron Rodgers (top 10)
    Drew Brees (top 10)
    Ben Roethlisberger (top 10)
    Eli Manning (top 10)
    Peyton Manning (top 10)
    Ben Roethlisberger (top 10)
    Tom Brady (top 10)
    Tom Brady (top 10)
    Brad Johnson
    Tom Brady (top 10)
    Trent Dilfer
    Kurt Warner (top 10)
    John Elway (top 10)
    John Elway (top 10)
    Brett Favre (top 10)
    Troy Aikman (top 10)
    Steve Young (top 10)
    Troy Aikman (top 10)
    Troy Aikman (top 10)
    Mark Rypien

Those are the last 30 SB winning QBís. And if you want to give credit for Wentz getting the Eagles to the playoffs then that would be another top 10 QB since he was the MVP favorite before he got hurt.

Of all those teams which ones had top 10 defenses? My bet is it is less than the number of top 10 QBís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its probably pretty close to the same... usually if a team wins a superbowl they are pretty good on both sides of the ball.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Flacco was certainly not a top 10 QB in 2012. He had an unbelievable playoff run but I guess weíd have to call Foles a top 10 QB then due to his playoffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    The rumor is that Rivera really likes Sam Howell and didnt want to trade away any assets that might prevent drafting him in 2022
    Theyíd be in a really good position if they get him and he works out. 2024 could be a very good year for WFT.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yes I did.
    My apologies I didnít see it. Which one did you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    My apologies I didnít see it. Which one did you prefer?
    You know I did but didnít. I meant to but it was more of a non answer my bad lol.

I said that I thought I Allen had another year and that great play on rookie deals are always going to be more valuable.

Iíd say with Lamb having more years and can continue to produce, he would be more valuable. Thatís what I meant by the response.

I donít really value WR that high in terms of building a team though. More so complimentary pieces.

As much as I like Smith, Iím not too sure about him considering I donít think the Eagles could come right out and start competing when heís at his cheapest.

Mark the tape:
    Big Ben was not a top 10 QB in either Super Bowl.

Flacco was certainly not a top 10 QB in 2012. He had an unbelievable playoff run but I guess weíd have to call Foles a top 10 QB then due to his playoffs?
    I just checked and he was a little out of the top 10 in 2012 but still thatís 23-7 for top 10 QBís

Russ Huss was also not top 10 yet when he won his. He was in that 11-16 range and still more of a game manager.

I just checked and he was a little out of the top 10 in 2012 but still thatís 23-7 for top 10 QBís

Now letís dig a little deeper. Out of those 23, how many were top 10 in cap hits? (my point from the beginning)

If you guys want to build around a top 10ish QB who is going to be a top 5 (at worst) cap hit throughout his contract, go ahead. History just says unless youíre Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, that doesnít happen.

Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Brees were well outside the top 10 in cap hits when they won. Their teams have still been playoff and contender level since but always the complaints of Rodgers not having a defense, Wilson defense not being the same since the legion of boom, Saints always being in cap issues and usually have poor defenses as well. Letís see how well KC can build once Manomes contract kicks in.

You know I did but didnít. I meant to but it was more of a non answer my bad lol.

I said that I thought I Allen had another year and that great play on rookie deals are always going to be more valuable.

Iíd say with Lamb having more years and can continue to produce, he would be more valuable. Thatís what I meant by the response.

I donít really value WR that high in terms of building a team though. More so complimentary pieces.

As much as I like Smith, Iím not too sure about him considering I donít think the Eagles could come right out and start competing when heís at his cheapest.
    If Lamb is more valuable then Allen weíre pretty much left with Dak and Young.
    I realize Dak canít be traded because of the accelerated cap hit but donít you think WTF would trade Young for Dak and take on the contract?

If Lamb is more valuable then Allen weíre pretty much left with Dak and Young.
    I realize Dak canít be traded because of the accelerated cap hit but donít you think WTF would trade Young for Dak and take on the contract?
    I donít think so at all. Young should be an elite talent going forward and heís a lot cheaper.

I think theyíd rather build around Young than trade him for Dak. Considering contracts, not sure theyíd trade him for any QB.

Now letís dig a little deeper. Out of those 23, how many were top 10 in cap hits? (my point from the beginning)

If you guys want to build around a top 10ish QB who is going to be a top 5 (at worst) cap hit throughout his contract, go ahead. History just says unless youíre Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, that doesnít happen.

Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Brees were well outside the top 10 in cap hits when they won. Their teams have still been playoff and contender level since but always the complaints of Rodgers not having a defense, Wilson defense not being the same since the legion of boom, Saints always being in cap issues and usually have poor defenses as well. Letís see how well KC can build once Manomes contract kicks in.
    See that wasnít my point though. That was your point. My point was if you donít have a top 10 QB (talent wise) youíre less likely to be anywhere near the SB. Top 10 QBís donít exactly grow on trees. Finding one is extremely difficult. Just ask WFT, Bears and Jets. Iíll always take the team with the established top 10 QB as would most.

I donít think so at all. Young should be an elite talent going forward and heís a lot cheaper.

I think theyíd rather build around Young than trade him for Dak. Considering contracts, not sure theyíd trade him for any QB.
    The economics do make a lot closer thatís for sure. But most GMs would take Dak in a heartbeat assuming of course they didnít have a long term guy in place.

See that wasnít my point though. That was your point. My point was if you donít have a top 10 QB (talent wise) youíre less likely to be anywhere near the SB. Top 10 QBís donít exactly grow on trees. Finding one is extremely difficult. Just ask WFT, Bears and Jets. Iíll always take the team with the established top 10 QB as would most.

I know they donít but outside of Peyton Manning all those guys werenít even a top QB taken.

In reality the point should be, youíre more likely to win a SB with a top 10 QB not making top 10 QB. Again out of those 23/30 times only 5 times (I believe, give or take 1) the winning QB was top 10 in cap hit.

So 5/30 times a top paid QB won a SB.

I know QBs are hard to find but I want to build my team up and either insert a QB like TB did or hopefully hit on a QB like KC, GB, and SEA did.

I think you can compete with a QB making a large cap hit but normally the teams that have those are missing pretty key parts of an overall good team-hence why they seem to fall short.

The economics do make a lot closer thatís for sure. But most GMs would take Dak in a heartbeat assuming of course they didnít have a long term guy in place.
    Youíre filling in the last piece of a puzzle though.

Colts would easily have taken Dak over Young but does Detroit take Dak over Young? Doubt it.

You take Young over Dak if youíre a QB or so away. You take Young over Dak if youíre rebuilding.

And the point I want to keep reiterating is that this is strictly due to his contract. If Dak and Chase were making the same money (cheap money) Iíd take Dak. A QB hovering around top 10 (give or take) is something you can definitely build around. Thatís just not the case in this scenario.