Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NFL QBs begin uniting behind their right to privacy

Back in April, Josh Allen (and then Diggs and Beasley) took a stand for their rights, and other players on different teams are following suit.

[Thomasson] #Vikings QB Kirk Cousins on if he's been vaccinated: "I choose to keep my medical history private.''

[Hensley] Lamar Jackson didn't say whether he was vaccinated when directly asked. He called it a personal decision.

[Hughes] Jets QB Zach Wilson asked if he’s been vaccinated. He declines to answer. Says it’s personal.

[Tomasson]#Vikings safety Harrison Smith and wide receiver Adam Thielen both said on Zoom calls today that they have not been vaccinated. Smith said, "Just like everybody else, make your own decision.''

It will be interesting to see people suddenly decide that NFL players shouldn't be activists while "at work" on the field.

[Goessling] Zimmer: "[unvaccinated players will] be wearing masks… have to social distance… daily testing, they won't be able to go home for bye week -- they'll have to come back here and test every day. When we go on the road, they won't be able to go out to dinner with anybody."

It will be interesting, as if the team only requires unvaccinated to wear masks, that'd be illegally disclosing private medical information without the player's consent: an actual civil rights violation. That and a recent "vaccinated only" cruise that resulting in positive COVID tests proves vaccinated people can still contract the virus and spread it to others.

(I'm sure some won't want this in the NFL forum, move if it doesn't belong, but it certainly is likely to impact games / the NFL this year)
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Don't want to get vaccinated?

Eat a bag of **** and jump through these 10 hoops to play every week

No problem with someone saying they don't want to share that type of information. Employers are requiring employees to be vaccinated before returning to the office, right? Requiring members to wear masks is no different and perfectly legal for them to do.

You can assume that someone wearing a mask is not vaccinated, but they aren't requiring them to state whether they are or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Back in April, Josh Allen (and then Diggs and Beasley) took a stand for their rights, and other players on different teams are following suit.

[Thomasson] #Vikings QB Kirk Cousins on if he's been vaccinated: "I choose to keep my medical history private.''

[Hensley] Lamar Jackson didn't say whether he was vaccinated when directly asked. He called it a personal decision.

[Hughes] Jets QB Zach Wilson asked if he’s been vaccinated. He declines to answer. Says it’s personal.

[Tomasson]#Vikings safety Harrison Smith and wide receiver Adam Thielen both said on Zoom calls today that they have not been vaccinated. Smith said, "Just like everybody else, make your own decision.''

It will be interesting to see people suddenly decide that NFL players shouldn't be activists while "at work" on the field.

[Goessling] Zimmer: "[unvaccinated players will] be wearing masks… have to social distance… daily testing, they won't be able to go home for bye week -- they'll have to come back here and test every day. When we go on the road, they won't be able to go out to dinner with anybody."

It will be interesting, as if the team only requires unvaccinated to wear masks, that'd be illegally disclosing private medical information without the player's consent: an actual civil rights violation. That and a recent "vaccinated only" cruise that resulting in positive COVID tests proves vaccinated people can still contract the virus and spread it to others.

(I'm sure some won't want this in the NFL forum, move if it doesn't belong, but it certainly is likely to impact games / the NFL this year)
    requiring unvaccinated to wear masks is not a violation of their rights, and it certainly isn't a ****ing hipaa violation

- someone that has been in the medical field for over 10 years

the hospital I've worked at has required masks for people that refuse the flu shot every single year for the entirety of flu season, for longer than I've worked here. and I saw this EXACT argument from them saying it violated the rights, and yes, some even sought legal action.

annddddd, it went ****ing no where, because despite desperately trying to be victims(which they arent), it didn't violate their rights whatsoever
    Last edited by basch152; Today at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.