Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Alright, so if we're not arguing Dak vs Wentz anymore, what are we arguing now?
    Wentz vs tannehill

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I just personally find QB, OL, and a high end TE are more valuable. I view WR and RB kinda in the same place on offense.
    I agree that QB and OL are the most important. I'd put WR and TE together in the second tier. You just need guys who can create mismatches in the passing game.

Take Jordan Matthews for example, he had a few very productive years when NFL slot receivers still tended to be undersized. Now most defenses have bigger hybrid player in the middle.

Wentz vs Hurts
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-24-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Our OL is fine

Defense no but the OL is a strength if healthy
    Even if the OL is good (if healthy) I still personally think the Eagles would be better off beefing up that OL, especially if they intend to roll with Hurts.

Many (if not all) Eagles fans here have talked about Dak having success because he had a great OL his first couple of seasons. Wouldnít you want that for Hurts (if heís your guy)? He can make plays and the best way for him to do that is to have protection. You can have all the TEís and WRís you want but if you donít have time to get the ball to them it doesnít matter. Not only that but beefing up the OL also improved the running game which again, helps Hurts.

Maybe thatís just my philosophy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurts vs ???? Maybe Dak?

Well I was talking more back then. I do think things really started to go south when he got hurt against Atlanta.

I do think things are different in 2019 if desean stays healthy
    Yep, that Atlanta game killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Even if the OL is good (if healthy) I still personally think the Eagles would be better off beefing up that OL, especially if they intend to roll with Hurts.

Many (if not all) Eagles fans here have talked about Dak having success because he had a great OL his first couple of seasons. Wouldnít you want that for Hurts (if heís your guy)? He can make plays and the best way for him to do that is to have protection. You can have all the TEís and WRís you want but if you donít have time to get the ball to them it doesnít matter. Not only that but beefing up the OL also improved the running game which again, helps Hurts.

The eagles need interior OL more than anything and they arenít taking a guard or center in the top 10 thatís my point. So them taking a QB or TE at 6 isnít going to affect that. Slater for example is 6-3. Now I could be talking out of my behind here but I donít know of many top tier tackles under 6-4. 6-3 is really small for a tackle.

And Sewell is good but heís a LT and Iíd argue the eagles have just as interesting a prospect in mailata

Defense? Sure it can be argued but are any of the defensive players actually top 10 players?

So if thatís the case WR, pitts or a QB do make sense

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I know this is a hypothetical but IF Atlanta didnít have the most epic collapse, there is no reason they wouldnít have won. Jones was over 10% at the time too.

I still think you look at #1 WR, legit ones, and there are teams getting to championship games at least yearly with one.

To your point though, it just goes to show more of having skill players on rookie deals is where to go.

It just seems like todayís game spreads the ball out a lot . If you have 1 guy making top 5 money , for some teams that may be close to what they want to pay their entire receiving Corp . I donít know . I can bring up Dallas reloading through the draft but it hasnít won anything . If they waste this situation.. 1 guy getting huge money with 2 rookie contract guys playing well ..... that would suck

Wentz vs tannehill
    I think it has to be Rivers since he is taking his spot. Will he do better or worse?

Yes, we need depth for the interior OL, possible starters in 1-2 years. I'm sure that will be addressed in the draft.

Maybe, maybe not. The eagles will be getting 2 all pros back on that OL next year in brooks and Johnson but of course injury is a concern there. Iíd also argue Jordan mailata would be a 1st round talent if he was in this draft (heís still only 23 and has only known how to play football since 2018 because they donít have football in Australia). Also, Isaac seamalo was pretty good in pass coverage last year. According to PFF he was 6th in the nfl in pass coverage among all guards. Then thereís also Andre Dillard, 1st round talent. Nate herbig and jack driscoll have also shown a lot of talent as backups, I think they both could probably start for other teams so to have them as backups is pretty good.

Hurts vs ???? Maybe Dak?

Hurts vs dinucci

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Hereís the list of TEs drafted in the first round.
    http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/te
    Iím trying to find the last TE drafted in the 1st round that was actually worth that pick.. Maybe Greg Olsen in 2007 at #31 overall? Usually they donít pan out. I remember thinking Jeremy shockey used to kill the eagles, but looking back at his career was he really worth the #14 overall pick? I donít know..

I donít see how when you already have Geodert. Pitts is more of a want than a need. I would say OL, QB, and any position on defense are bigger needs than TE. And he may be a beast of a TE but I wouldnít even say heíd be the best player available at 6.

I donít believe OL is a big need for the eagles right now. Would it benefit them to take a guy they like in the 3rd or something? Sure, but Iím not sure Iíd target one there early in the 1st round. I feel about the OL similar to how I feel about QB. I would prefer to roll with what we have and determine later after weíve seen more if we need to add to the position or not.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iím trying to find the last TE drafted in the 1st round that was actually worth that pick.. Maybe Greg Olsen in 2007 at #31 overall? Usually they donít pan out. I remember thinking Jeremy shockey used to kill the eagles, but looking back at his career was he really worth the #14 overall pick? I donít know..
    Speaking of 1st round TEs. I was looking up his stats and saw this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...ts%3f_amp=true

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast