Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2377
    I guess Iím the only non-Eagles fan here that thinks they could actually surprise some teams this year. Everyone is expecting a down year from them but I see the exact opposite. They likely will be A LOT healthier this season. Also I think Hurts is going to go in and solidify himself as the starter in camp.

Eagles fans donít like hearing this but Hurts is very similar to Dak. He has some flaws like his accuracy however heís athletic enough to be able to get outside the pocket and make big plays. He also has some really good weapons to work with. I actually think they will end up with a better record than WFT or the Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Better draft pick for the rebuild maybe.
    Yup I want that Chase young now in next years draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I guess Iím the only non-Eagles fan here that thinks they could actually surprise some teams this year. Everyone is expecting a down year from them but I see the exact opposite. They likely will be A LOT healthier this season. Also I think Hurts is going to go in and solidify himself as the starter in camp.

Eagles fans donít like hearing this but Hurts is very similar to Dak. He has some flaws like his accuracy however heís athletic enough to be able to get outside the pocket and make big plays. He also has some really good weapons to work with. I actually think they will end up with a better record than WFT or the Giants.

nice try.
    I mean it's not a horrible statement you're making because there's always teams every year that go from picking top 10 to suddenly a playoff contender. I think the Jags will be that team. Eagles could be but our defensive ends aside from Graham are blah, our CBS and LBs are huge question marks, but our safeties can potentially be really solid.

Add to the fact Eagles have the 6th easiest schedule and it does scare me that we can potentially win more games than projected but for our longterm future, I hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Yea I expect that we will see Dak throwing a lot more. I mean they will still have a balance offense but the offense is going to lean more on Dak than Zeke going forward.

I think so. Balance is still necessary for sure, but Dak has improved since his rookie year and Zeke has either plateaued or gotten a bit worse. He's still a very good RB (assuming he doesn't fumble it like he did last year) but with how football is played today he can't be the focal point of our offense. That has to be Dak and the receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Better draft pick for the rebuild maybe.
    That makes no sense because if the eagles suck *** this year then that very likely means that Jalen hurts also sucks *** which not only means it was officially a wasted 2nd round pick but it also means that the eagles will likely have to package those three 1st round picks together to get a QB.

Itíd be way better for the rebuild if Jalen hurts is a good QB so that the eagles could use those three 1st round picks to fill other holes.

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

Yup I want that Chase young now in next years draft.
    Nah. If the eagles suck *** then they arenít gonna have the picks to get the next years chase young because they will be using those picks to secure a QB. Only 2 ways they wonít have to package multiple 1sts together for a QB is if 1.Jalen hurts proves to be a good QB (which also likely means the eagles wonít be a terrible team) or 2. The eagles are bad enough to have the 1st overall pick. I canít realistically see them being that bad that they could get the 1st overall pick considering so many things went wrong in 2020 with injuries, coaching, players etc. Next year will probably be rough but I donít envision being significantly worse than it was in 2020 which is what would be needed for the #1 pick.

If you want a premium pass rusher in next years draft, best way to do it is hope Jalen hurts is good enough that they wonít have to look at getting a QB. And if hurts shows that potential then they probably arenít gonna be a bottom of the barrel team
    Last edited by QQQ; 05-11-2021 at 02:48 PM.

nice try.
    I mean it's not a horrible statement you're making because there's always teams every year that go from picking top 10 to suddenly a playoff contender. I think the Jags will be that team. Eagles could be but our defensive ends aside from Graham are blah, our CBS and LBs are huge question marks, but our safeties can potentially be really solid.

Add to the fact Eagles have the 6th easiest schedule and it does scare me that we can potentially win more games than projected but for our longterm future, I hope not.
    Just be a cowboys fan for 2021. Problem solved

nice try.

I just think with Hurtsí improvement, better OL health, new weapons, and a last place schedule I would not be shocked if we saw some vast improvement from the Eagles. I really donít think they will be as bad as some think.

Nah I have a friend that is a cowboys fan that thinks this way too. Logically, the eagles were so hurt last year that just by being healthy they will be better, especially on the offensive line. Plus Iíd argue that they got better at WR, RB, LB, S. One could also argue that they got better at QB considering that it seems like wentz checked out before the 2020 season even began. Also I really donít think they are done adding to the roster, I still think they will add a CB or LB or DE. Plus, the eagles have (on paper) an easy schedule.

I really donít understand the thought process for people that think the eagles will be worse than they were in 2020. Like, where exactly on the roster did they get worse? I can see someone saying they will only be a few games better but I canít see the same or worse.

One thing that annoys the hell outta me is fans that hope this eagles team becomes the next Philadelphia 76ers. Thatís annoying as ****.. Tanking 2-3 years in a row for better picks doesnít work as much in the nfl as it might in the nba.

For this eagles team, a fan should hope that Jalen hurts proves to be a franchise guy. If he can prove to be that guy then great, the eagles can use those three 1st round picks in 2022 on other positions. If hurts plays like trash and is not ďthe guyĒ then the eagles will probably create a trade package involving those 1st round picks on a QB and the eagles will still have all of those other holes.
    Last edited by QQQ; 05-11-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I thought the Giants should have taken Fields. I think the Eagles may regret passing on him as well.
    I thought the giants for sure shoulda taken him. I have zero confidence in Daniel Jones. Hurts is a similar prospect as fields so I understand them passing on him, though it is still a risk. If Justin fields becomes a great QB and neither Daniel Jones or Jalen hurts becomes anything then both franchises will get **** for it

Iím not really counting them out because who knows which teams within the division will do what . I think the 2 most sure things in the division are the Dallas offense and Washingtonís defense . They are the only units I see as being elite within the division. Philly always had the benefit of a strong front 4 . New DC some new faces some older faces Iím not sure you can count on that this year . If you can Philly will be better then a lot of people think . But itís not crazy to say Dallas may have the best offense in football this year . They sure did before DAK got hurt last year so why expect different.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I thought the giants for sure shoulda taken him. I have zero confidence in Daniel Jones. Hurts is a similar prospect as fields so I understand them passing on him, though it is still a risk. If Justin fields becomes a great QB and neither Daniel Jones or Jalen hurts becomes anything then both franchises will get **** for it
    Ehhh Fields is a significantly better prospect. He can do all the things Hurts can do with his legs but has a way way way better arm, accuracy, read, processing, etc. He has much more potential with the arm.

I actually never hated Dak just always thought he was less than Wentz. If Hurts becomes Dak, though, Iíd love it. I donít think Dak is a horrible QB, just think he needs help. Jalen will most likely be the same type of need.

Iím iffy on my expectations for the Eagles. Easier schedule, healthier line, new coaching, decent offensive talent. Defense may be suspect, but I wouldnít be surprised if they at least competed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Ehhh Fields is a significantly better prospect. He can do all the things Hurts can do with his legs but has a way way way better arm, accuracy, read, processing, etc. He has much more potential with the arm.
    Iím not saying they are similar in talent.lol Iím saying they are a similar type of prospect, meaning play style. I donít think the talent can be debated at this point between those two as fields seems to be better in all aspects of the game.

However, Iíll go on the record as saying Iíd be fine with it in the scenario that the eagles did not trade up with Dallas to select smith, giants took smith at #11 and the eagles took fields at #12. I prefer it the way it actually happened but I really would be fine with getting fields because I think heís a premium prospect at #12, thatíd be good value.