Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1689
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Both Doug and Howie should have been fired, agreed 110%. The offense was painful to watch with no motion, rhythm, or adjustments being made. Down 3? Down 21? What's the difference? Let's keep slinging the football down the field...

A magical 2017 season doesn't take away the incompetence we were seeing across the board
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    That Doug was without blame and shouldnít have been canned.
    I prefaced the post with "Howie sucks." That doesn't mean Doug automatically comes out clean though. Doug may very well have been the lesser of two evils but judging by the things Doug did control he wasn't doing his job too well either.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I prefaced the post with "Howie sucks." That doesn't mean Doug automatically comes out clean though. Doug may very well have been the lesser of two evils but judging by the things Doug did control he wasn't doing his job too well either.
    I think he's the only one who disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I personally think the Eagles prefer Surtain. I like both. Would be happy with either.
    Yeah that could be true. Honestly I think they would love to have either one. Thereís a very good chance that at least one of horn, surtain, smith is there at #12 and I think the eagles would love to have any of them.

But remember, the eagles arenít just getting one of those 3 players, they are also getting Miamiís 2022 1st round pick as well so I think itís a dub no matter which route they go.

2021 NFCE Offseason thread

That report could mostly be true but honestly I donít believe it tells the whole story. Itís very one sided, almost seems like a personal vendetta for whoever leaked this information. It doesnít give much criticism to Carson wentz or the coaching staff. Doug pederson especially, itís almost like the article was acting like heís an innocent lamb being lead to slaughter. Iím not buying it. Itís basically completely piling on to the front office and Lurie. Ultimately, I always thought the biggest issue was roseman/Lurie but I also feel like thereís more blame to go around. Doug and wentz both should carry a lot of blame as well in my opinion.

Regardless, the biggest issue remains which is roseman/Lurie. Unless roseman is fired or sirianni becomes an all time great nfl coach like Andy Reid (or both), I think issues will remain on all levels of football ops (team management, coaching, players).

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    What exactly are you trying to say?
    Did you read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Both Doug and Howie should have been fired, agreed 110%. The offense was painful to watch with no motion, rhythm, or adjustments being made. Down 3? Down 21? What's the difference? Let's keep slinging the football down the field...

A magical 2017 season doesn't take away the incompetence we were seeing across the board
    Again: https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...ional-collapse

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    That report could mostly be true but honestly I donít believe it tells the whole story. Itís very one sided, almost seems like a personal vendetta for whoever leaked this information. It doesnít give much criticism to Carson wentz or the coaching staff. Doug pederson especially, itís almost like the article was acting like heís an innocent lamb being lead to slaughter. Iím not buying it. Itís basically completely piling on to the front office and Lurie. Ultimately, I always thought the biggest issue was roseman/Lurie but I also feel like thereís more blame to go around. Doug and wentz both should carry a lot of blame as well in my opinion.

Regardless, the biggest issue remains which is roseman/Lurie. Unless roseman is fired or sirianni becomes an all time great nfl coach like Andy Reid (or both), I think issues will remain on all levels of football ops (team management, coaching, players).
    Check out one of the explanations in that article for confusion among the players post-snap and guys not being on the same page.

There have been other reports that criticized the coaches and QB.

Of course we could just ignore these as fake news and go with the what we feel in our gut. But I'm not that kind of person. I haven't even started to defend Doug until I thought the criticism he received was way too exaggerated.

Again the Press Taylor thing was just the funniest part of this offseason. There were seriously people who argued he was a main culprit behind the decline of our former starting QB. Now the two are working together again in Indy! But let's keep going with our gut impressions even if they are utterly disproven by reality.

I'll just put in one quote from the linked article:
    ďThe fact that Doug had the success he did with all the **** going on in the building, sometimes I look at our Super Bowl rings, and Iím like, ĎHoly cow, I donít know how we did it,'Ē one source said.
    I never argued Doug was some great offensive genius who would be able scheme a team up to success regardless of a dearth of talent. But he was a great leader. The team always played hard for him. He dealt with a lot of **** in the organization that isn't going away with the hiring of Sirianni. Granted, the team had garbage QB play last season and if Hurts miraculously turns into a Top 10 QB, the Eagles might actually be decent. But I think that's unlikely and the main reasons why the team is bad right now are still in Philly / a mansion in Palm Beach, Florida. So in that regard at least you and I agree.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-15-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

Check out one of the explanations in that article for confusion among the players post-snap and guys not being on the same page.

There have been other reports that criticized the coaches and QB.

Of course we could just ignore these as fake news and go with the what we feel in our gut. But I'm not that kind of person. I haven't even started to defend Doug until I thought the criticism he received was way too exaggerated.

Again the Press Taylor thing was just the funniest part of this offseason. There were seriously people who argued he was a main culprit behind the decline of our former starting QB. Now the two are working together again in Indy! But let's keep going with our gut impressions even if they are utterly disproven by reality.

I'll just put in one quote from the linked article:

I never argued Doug was some great offensive genius who would be able scheme a team up to success regardless of a dearth of talent. But he was a great leader. The team always played hard for him. He dealt with a lot of **** in the organization that isn't going away with the hiring of Sirianni. Granted, the team had garbage QB play last season and if Hurts miraculously turns into a Top 10 QB, the Eagles might actually be decent. But I think that's unlikely and the main reasons why the team is bad right now are still in Philly / a mansion in Palm Beach, Florida. So in that regard at least you and I agree.
    Like I said, the article doesnít give much blame to pederson and wentz. Like 98% of the article was focused on the front office and Lurie. Yes, I think the majority of blame should be put on howie/Lurie and Iíve said that for over a year. Iím not saying any of this info is fake or whatever, but I just think that report is a bit more one sided than what is actual reality. This team that just won a super bowl 2 years prior all of a sudden resembled the Cincinnati bengals in 2020. I think a turn around like that has gotta be a more wide spread issue in the organization involving all levels (ownership, front office, coaches, players).

Like I said, the article doesnít give much blame to pederson and wentz. Like 98% of the article was focused on the front office and Lurie. Yes, I think the majority of blame should be put on howie/Lurie and Iíve said that for over a year. Iím not saying any of this info is fake or whatever, but I just think that report is a bit more one sided than what is actual reality. This team that just won a super bowl 2 years prior all of a sudden resembled the Cincinnati bengals in 2020. I think a turn around like that has gotta be a more wide spread issue in the organization involving all levels (ownership, front office, coaches, players).
    Yes, but I'm not saying this article alone is the truth; I've been reading all that have come out. To me in total they give a pretty good picture of what's been going on. It's just frustrating to read about how Pederson deserved to get fired for issues we know ownership/management had significant or even majority control in. How can anyone put 100% blame of the game planning on him after learning about the Tuesday Tribunals? He didn't even have the final say on who is starting and who is inactive! But that's probably a me problem. I need to just stop trying to correct other people's opinions.

So ... from what Iím reading is Wentz will do better with a solid organization with a solid draft strategy and solid coaching . He may have just that .

Yes, but I'm not saying this article alone is the truth; I've been reading all that have come out. To me in total they give a pretty good picture of what's been going on. It's just frustrating to read about how Pederson deserved to get fired for issues we know ownership/management had significant or even majority control in. How can anyone put 100% blame of the game planning on him after learning about the Tuesday Tribunals? He didn't even have the final say on who is starting and who is inactive! But that's probably a me problem. I need to just stop trying to correct other people's opinions.
    They didnít trust Doug. That seems evident. All signs (FO actions) point to some general level of incompetency by him. Maybe not. Maybe it was just some huge conspiracy instead.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    So ... from what Iím reading is Wentz will do better with a solid organization with a solid draft strategy and solid coaching . He may have just that .
    Wentz will do better with a semi healthy team and actual nfl level talent around him.

They didnít trust Doug. That seems evident. All signs (FO actions) point to some general level of incompetency by him. Maybe not. Maybe it was just some huge conspiracy instead.
    Lurie/Howie (who you think should be fired) were there in 2017. Foles started the playoff games, so we can't give credit for those wins to another QB. You've been very adamant before that the roster was NOT loaded with talent. So how does an incompetent coach win a Super Bowl with these parameters?

The huge conspiracy would be that all the reports this offseason are fake news. In my opinion they in aggregate give a good picture of what led to last year's demise. Pederson isn't blameless, but he played a minor role not just in terms of blame, but inside the organization in general.

I agree with everything youíre saying here. The game planning issues shouldnít be all on Doug since howie/Lurie were basically telling him what to do and what not to do. Again, I think most of the blame overall goes to howie/Lurie (I combine them since they are basically the same person at this point). That being said, I think many people are to blame here including pederson. There is a reason howie/Lurie felt the need to treat Doug like a little baby. Iím not buying that they did it for no reason at all whatsoever. And no, Iím not defending howie/Lurie here because I do think treating Doug like a baby definitely made things worse. But yeah, I think many people on all levels are at fault for this **** season (ownership, team management, coaches, players).

See thatís the thing, I donít see why Lurie would treat Doug like a baby for no reason at all. He didnít do this with previous coaches, why would he all of a sudden feel the need start with a coach that won the first super bowl? I think thereís more to this whole situation that we donít know about.

There is a reason howie/Lurie felt the need to treat Doug like a little baby. Iím not buying that they did it for no reason at all whatsoever.
    I think there is a reason and that reason is called Chip Kelly.

Page 89 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast