Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 188 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2817
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    He is one of those insufferable football fans who only pulls for the "good" teams. I dont understand why people do not pull for their home state teams, its dumb. "I'm from Texas but I'm a Patriots fan"
    I live in Canada, what choices do I have?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

https://www.argonauts.ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

You can even watch the NFL, go watch CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I’m curious about this type of stuff. How did you become a fan of those teams in an area you basically had teams? Generally curious because it normally seams like those type of stories range from a personal experience regardless.

Like QB Eagles played with Randall and the Eagles in tecmo so makes sense since he didn’t have any local team.

Friends of mine is a Colts fan because his grandfather was from Maryland before moving to NJ.

I’m in an area though an hour and a half north of Philly, 2 hours from NY, and about 3 hours from Baltimore so there’s a good mix of Giants, Eagles, and for(mer)skins fans. I’m Philly in all 4 but I can understand different fandom by the locale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live near Richmond, VA... played for the blue jays every year in little league and during that time period in the early 90s was when the Jays were winning WS so I just decided to stick with them, Dad was a Redskins fan, nobody in my family liked basketball, so by the time I started watching it I saw Jason Williams play and was like whoa... i really like this dude so I liked him as a player, and he was traded all around the league, so I just decided to like players as far as basketball goes. Hockey, just decided to stick with the closest team to me which is the Caps. So I guess the only pro sports team that I like because of geographical location is the Caps.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Live near Richmond, VA... played for the blue jays every year in little league and during that time period in the early 90s was when the Jays were winning WS so I just decided to stick with them, Dad was a Redskins fan, nobody in my family liked basketball, so by the time I started watching it I saw Jason Williams play and was like whoa... i really like this dude so I liked him as a player, and he was traded all around the league, so I just decided to like players as far as basketball goes. Hockey, just decided to stick with the closest team to me which is the Caps. So I guess the only pro sports team that I like because of geographical location is the Caps.
    I’d say if you’re considering Caps as local than Skins would be too.

I’ve actually heard people who have done similar with little league and picking their team. Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Playing for the same team every year in little league is odd to me.

I went Mets, Cubs, Padres, Reds as far as I recall.

I was almost always everything Chicago from growing up in the outskirts but for a brief time I liked the Sox more than the Cubs because of Frank Thomas, and I was a big David Justice (and Saved By the Bell) fan so I watched a ton of Braves games in the mid 90s as well.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I’d say if you’re considering Caps as local than Skins would be too.

I’ve actually heard people who have done similar with little league and picking their team. Makes sense.
    I had a reason to root for the skins.. my dad pulled for them so I grew up watching them with my dad. My dad didnt watch hockey, I picked that up on my own. So yes I pull for 2 "local" teams but for different reasons.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Playing for the same team every year in little league is odd to me.

I went Mets, Cubs, Padres, Reds as far as I recall.

I was almost always everything Chicago from growing up in the outskirts but for a brief time I liked the Sox more than the Cubs because of Frank Thomas, and I was a big David Justice (and Saved By the Bell) fan so I watched a ton of Braves games in the mid 90s as well.
    My dad was the coach.. I guess he started as the blue jays the first year I played then just stuck with that team name until I stopped playing

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

We always had local sponsors so never got to be a real team name. It was always Griffs (local burger place), moose lodge, car dealerships, etc.

I played LL for Kent Social Club ... still not sure what they did . It was just a building where there was always a lot of old men hanging out sometimes they would rent it out for parties . But I think they mostly just played cards .. lol ... my LL really was like the bad news bears except we had 20 buddermakers . Best time of my youth .

Darius Slay doesnt support his qb. “would be bullseyed’s title of thread for other qb”

https://twitter.com/bigplay24slay/st...562587650?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Darius Slay doesnt support his qb. “would be bullseyed’s title of thread for other qb”

https://twitter.com/bigplay24slay/st...562587650?s=21
    Your comment is pretty Bullseyed... you know Slay and Stafford used to both play for the Lions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Your comment is pretty Bullseyed... you know Slay and Stafford used to both play for the Lions, right?
    They did?!?!?!?

It was a joke.

I was born in 1990 in Idaho (so no pro sports teams) and so as I grew up I was originally a bandwagon fan for many of my teams (though I didn't really know it). Bulls, Braves and Cowboys. Braves and Cowboys are also my older brother's teams so I followed his steps on that. Bulls because of MJ.