Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 158 of 196 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2927
    I actually like Mullens a lot as a backup QB. Not afraid to sling it. He should be the backup over Flacco IMO.

What will Flacco bring on the field? Not much at all. He could be a good mentor, but thatís all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I actually like Mullens a lot as a backup QB. Not afraid to sling it. He should be the backup over Flacco IMO.

What will Flacco bring on the field? Not much at all. He could be a good mentor, but thatís all.
    Flacco won't be a good mentor. He got brought in as "competition". He isn't actually going to win it, but with Sirianni preaching competition they have to pretend they aren't just handing the job to Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Kyler Murray responding to the question if he was a Cowboys fan growing up:

"**** no. They were always ***."

https://twitter.com/TSteegeNFL/statu...38441065422850
    I think this was taken last week.

https://twitter.com/thef00tballguy/s...371911170?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I guess he ditched the Cowboys jersey as soon as his brain had developed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I think this was taken last week.

https://twitter.com/thef00tballguy/s...371911170?s=21

He is one of those insufferable football fans who only pulls for the "good" teams. I dont understand why people do not pull for their home state teams, its dumb. "I'm from Texas but I'm a Patriots fan"

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    He is one of those insufferable football fans who only pulls for the "good" teams. I dont understand why people do not pull for their home state teams, its dumb. "I'm from Texas but I'm a Patriots fan"
    Wait, we're still talking about Kyler Murray? He's an NFL QB; it would be completely unprofessional for him to be the fan of an NFL team. (Unless it's always the one he's currently playing for, but that isn't really fandom.)

Wait, we're still talking about Kyler Murray? He's an NFL QB; it would be completely unprofessional for him to be the fan of an NFL team. (Unless it's always the one he's currently playing for, but that isn't really fandom.)
    Now it is understandable but the question was if he was a cowboy's fan growing up, not is he a cowboys fan now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Lived in Missouri my whole life, Iím 43.

Been an eagles abs Cubs fan since around the age of 5.

Hate the chiefs with a passion, same for cardinals and royals.

Cheering for a team just because you live there is the equivalent of an arranged marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Cheering for a team just because you live there is the equivalent of an arranged marriage.
    I love the last line!

I'd compare it to citizenship, i.e. it's based on where you're born, inherited from your parents, or you get naturalized after some years of dedicated fandom. Nobody thinks bandwagon fans are legitimate.

Arranged marriage makes me think of 13-year old girls getting married to the highest bidder, which is a little different.

I'd compare it to citizenship, i.e. it's based on where you're born, inherited from your parents, or you get naturalized after some years of dedicated fandom. Nobody thinks bandwagon fans are legitimate.

Arranged marriage makes me think of 13-year old girls getting married to the highest bidder, which is a little different.
    You described the equivalent of being a Cowboys fan in your last paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I love the last line!
    Just doesnít appeal to me. I understand why people do it, just not my thing.

Kind of tired of hearing about everyone Southwest of Ohio dreamed of being a Cowboy anyway .... let me hear that crap after 1 of them is wearing a ring without dust on it ... lol...I credit his honesty . Ding Ding

Thatís a Rocky 4 reference when Rocky had to repay appolo FOR helping him beat Clubber Lang by fighting him and Apollo verbally simulated the bell to start the fight ... BTW

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Iím curious about this type of stuff. How did you become a fan of those teams in an area you basically had teams? Generally curious because it normally seams like those type of stories range from a personal experience regardless.

Like QB Eagles played with Randall and the Eagles in tecmo so makes sense since he didnít have any local team.

Friends of mine is a Colts fan because his grandfather was from Maryland before moving to NJ.

Iím in an area though an hour and a half north of Philly, 2 hours from NY, and about 3 hours from Baltimore so thereís a good mix of Giants, Eagles, and for(mer)skins fans. Iím Philly in all 4 but I can understand different fandom by the locale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Iím curious about this type of stuff. How did you become a fan of those teams in an area you basically had teams? Generally curious because it normally seams like those type of stories range from a personal experience regardless.

Like QB Eagles played with Randall and the Eagles in tecmo so makes sense since he didnít have any local team.

Friends of mine is a Colts fan because his grandfather was from Maryland before moving to NJ.

Iím in an area though an hour and a half north of Philly, 2 hours from NY, and about 3 hours from Baltimore so thereís a good mix of Giants, Eagles, and for(mer)skins fans. Iím Philly in all 4 but I can understand different fandom by the locale.

Cubs - summer baseball. It was either them or the braces due to wgn or tbs. didnít like the tomahawk chop abs loved Harry Carey hanging out of the booth.

Eagles - met a few players at a mix up game, then watched Randall at unlv vs mizzou. It was fate.