Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL releases memo on COVID reschedules

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...550738432?s=21

Holy hell thatís a penalty for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st thought: no way the NFLPA let's this happen

2nd thought: we all know damn well certain teams will be exempt from this possibility. No chance the NFL would let any of the Golden boys or elite teams eat an L. Imagine if Mahomes is facing a loss to an AFC competitor and risked missing a top seed because of a positive case. The NFL would rig something up to make sure that game happened, preferably with Mahomes having a fully healthy team.

You'd think after ****ing up 2020 they'd have a real plan in place for 2021. We already have a new variant that the vaccines aren't proven to cover well, games are sure to be delayed again so they should just add an extra week to account for it.

Hopkins tweeted he would retire due to this, then when someone pointed out he would need to pay back $22mil, he deleted the tweet.

Good for the NFL.

The NFL, like most of society, is sick and tired of accommodating the selfish crowd. You're free to be a selfish, anti-evidence idiot. But you're not free to live without consequences for that selfishness.

These unvaccinated players can go find another job if they hate the policy so much.
    Last edited by GottaBelieve; 07-23-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I donít see what the big deal is. I mean kids have to get vaccinated against chicken pox, and measles in order to attend school. Just get the vaccine or donít play. Itís not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Good for the NFL.

The NFL, like most of society, is sick and tired of accommodating the selfish crowd. You're free to be a selfish, anti-evidence idiot. But you're not free to live without consequences for that selfishness.

These unvaccinated players can go find another job if they hate the policy so much.
    "Anti-evidence"

Fact: None of the covid vaccines claim to fully prevent infection, only claim to reduce likelihood of hospitalization and death of a virus that already has a less than 1% death rate.
    Fact: vaccinated individuals can spread covid to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
    Fact: as long as infections are occurring the virus can mutate
    Fact: nobody has a firm grasp of how the new variants react to the vaccine, some research suggest it's less than 40% effective against the delta strain
    Fact: each of the 3 major vaccines have different efficacious and none of the 3 have been approved for booster shots despite many researchers believing they'll be needed.

So with all of the above facts, we can easily deduce that not only can vaccinated players catch covid, they could spread covid to unvaccinated teammates and there's a good chance their vaccinations will either do very little to prevent the delta strain or their initial vaccine will need a booster that isn't available which will result in their covid antibodies being insufficient. Therefore, if an unvaccinated player is forced to distance himself and wear a mask, but his "sElFiSh" vaccinated teammates are living a normal life and catch covid, they could be unfairly punished and blamed for not having a vaccine when they realistically could catch it regardless of vaccination.

This is a pretty unfair policy considering how little anyone knows about the new strains. The nfl is stupid for not planning to have to reschedule games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I donít see what the big deal is. I mean kids have to get vaccinated against chicken pox, and measles in order to attend school. Just get the vaccine or donít play. Itís not that hard.

The big deal is I've never had a job where I was required to release medical information about myself in order to work. By requiring non vaccinated players to behave differently they're forcing them to essentially reveal their medical information.

More importantly, those vaccines you listed have existed longer and went through testing phases of 5-10 years before receiving FDA approval, whereas the big 3 vaccines didn't exist in their current form until almost a year ago to the date and didn't receive emergency approval until December 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Good for the NFL.

Well this is a flawed take. If a game is cancelled because of an outbreak, no one gets game checks. The vaccinated and unvaccinated are being punished in that instance.

NFL releases memo on COVID reschedules

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    "Anti-evidence"

Fact: None of the covid vaccines claim to fully prevent infection, only claim to reduce likelihood of hospitalization and death of a virus that already has a less than 1% death rate.
    Fact: vaccinated individuals can spread covid to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
    Fact: as long as infections are occurring the virus can mutate
    Fact: nobody has a firm grasp of how the new variants react to the vaccine, some research suggest it's less than 40% effective against the delta strain
    Fact: each of the 3 major vaccines have different efficacious and none of the 3 have been approved for booster shots despite many researchers believing they'll be needed.

So with all of the above facts, we can easily deduce that not only can vaccinated players catch covid, they could spread covid to unvaccinated teammates and there's a good chance their vaccinations will either do very little to prevent the delta strain or their initial vaccine will need a booster that isn't available which will result in their covid antibodies being insufficient. Therefore, if an unvaccinated player is forced to distance himself and wear a mask, but his "sElFiSh" vaccinated teammates are living a normal life and catch covid, they could be unfairly punished and blamed for not having a vaccine when they realistically could catch it regardless of vaccination.

This is a pretty unfair policy considering how little anyone knows about the new strains. The nfl is stupid for not planning to have to reschedule games.

The big deal is I've never had a job where I was required to release medical information about myself in order to work. By requiring non vaccinated players to behave differently they're forcing them to essentially reveal their medical information.

More importantly, those vaccines you listed have existed longer and went through testing phases of 5-10 years before receiving FDA approval, whereas the big 3 vaccines didn't exist in their current form until almost a year ago to the date and didn't receive emergency approval until December 2020.
    Did you attend public school? If you did then youíve had a vaccine. Quit the crying and get the vaccine. Itís really not that hard. If you donít want to play by the rules then donít play, again itís not that hard.

At one point the chicken pox and measles vaccine were new too. You have to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Well this is a flawed take. If a game is cancelled because of an outbreak, no one gets game checks. The vaccinated and unvaccinated are being punished in that instance.
    The vaccinated would only be punished because of the few that didnít want to take it. The blame falls on them.

Former NFL tackle (appropriately) posted this:

Your friendly reminder that Protein Powders, vitamins, and all supplements are NOT FDA approved

#BeConsistent

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Did you attend public school? If you did then youíve had a vaccine. Quit the crying and get the vaccine. Itís really not that hard. If you donít want to play by the rules then donít play, again itís not that hard.

At one point the chicken pox and measles vaccine were new too. You have to start somewhere.

I'm not anti-vaccine. I'm up to date on every vaccine except the Covid vaccine which has existed for one year and been accessible for 7 months. The first chicken Pox vaccine was created in the 70s and wasn't approved for use in the US until 1995. The Measles vaccine was in development nearly 10 years, also the Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines were created several years before the MMR vaccine was approved.

If you're cool with a vaccine that was made, tested, and emergency approved in roughly 8 months, be my guest, but it's not unreasonable to expect some people to not be ready for it. I'll play the waiting game since I'm young, low risk, and not done having children. Also before anyone tries throwing links, I'm fully aware the mRNA vaccines were used as a base to speed things along, but those vaccines also never got further than phase 2 testing approval.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Former NFL tackle (appropriately) posted this:

Your friendly reminder that Protein Powders, vitamins, and all supplements are NOT FDA approved

#BeConsistent

Tbf I don't trust the FDA to begin with, it's just especially bothersome when the agency that has an allowable threshold of rodent feces that canned food can contain won't officially approve a vaccine that is supposedly the greatest invention of mankind. The FDA isn't required to permit supplements to be safe for consumption, they are required to permit vaccines.

Tbf I don't trust the FDA to begin with, it's just especially bothersome when the agency that has an allowable threshold of rodent feces that canned food can contain won't officially approve a vaccine that is supposedly the greatest invention of mankind. The FDA isn't required to permit supplements to be safe for consumption, they are required to permit vaccines.
    Itís not ďwonít be approvedĒ. About 2-3 weeks from now will be approved. Most vaccines have a year long to three year long testing process, and this was given emergency approval to help subside the effects of the pandemic.

Also on that feces thing: it varies between 1mg and 9mg per pound depending on the food. Consider there are 450,000+mg per pound you are talking 0.0002-0.002% of a pound with have feces. You breath in that amount of your own feces every time you poop or fart.

Makes sense, also they wonít penalize an outbreak amongst vaccinated individuals

If you go to college youíre require to get quite a few vaccinations

I have no idea why this is such an issue

The movie industry is doing the same thing

I'm not anti-vaccine. I'm up to date on every vaccine except the Covid vaccine which has existed for one year and been accessible for 7 months. The first chicken Pox vaccine was created in the 70s and wasn't approved for use in the US until 1995. The Measles vaccine was in development nearly 10 years, also the Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines were created several years before the MMR vaccine was approved.

If you're cool with a vaccine that was made, tested, and emergency approved in roughly 8 months, be my guest, but it's not unreasonable to expect some people to not be ready for it. I'll play the waiting game since I'm young, low risk, and not done having children. Also before anyone tries throwing links, I'm fully aware the mRNA vaccines were used as a base to speed things along, but those vaccines also never got further than phase 2 testing approval.

testing....they know it's impractical to expect 0% rodent feces and they know that amount is not harmful
    they haven't had the time to make the same determination with the vaccines quite yet
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Itís not ďwonít be approvedĒ. About 2-3 weeks from now will be approved. Most vaccines have a year long to three year long testing process, and this was given emergency approval to help subside the effects of the pandemic.

Also on that feces thing: it varies between 1mg and 9mg per pound depending on the food. Consider there are 450,000+mg per pound you are talking 0.0002-0.002% of a pound with have feces. You breath in that amount of your own feces every time you poop or fart.

I'm aware, and I'm sure it'll be approved, but typical vaccines go through each phase and get approval before the next one, this one essentially is in phase 3 with the emergency approval and everyone is therefore a part of testing it. It really shouldn't be that surprising that some people who aren't at high risk might not want to dive into it so soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast