Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Slay next man up that restructured.
    Poor guy goes from Detroit straight to a rebuilding team.

So I imagine itíll be Graham, cox and kelce next

That should leave the eagles roughly around 34 million over the cap after slay. Restructuring Graham and cox both should get them pretty close to cap compliant and I believe kelce as well

They also need to figure out barnett who has a 10 million dollar cap hit with his 5th year option right now so extending him or letting him walk should place the eagles under the cap

Kelce has a new contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/turfshowtimes/st...769808902?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie just kicking the can to future years to fix the mess he made.

How does this guy have a job still?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Well 2 things

First of all he has no choice. If you cut any of these players their dead cap hit almost makes it impossible to become cap compliant and weíll lose draft picks

Second of all if the cap rises these dummy years and cap hits become almost inconsequential

So while howie struggles with a lot of things this is both necessary and the right move

Heís not signing them to Alshon extensions. Usually thereís either some added years, or changing base salary to bonuses to alter the cap hit of the contract

What else can he do? They are still 25m otc with 12 days to get under.

The only player they can really cut is Barnett and save 10mil, everyone else has too much dead money.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    So I imagine itíll be Graham, cox and kelce next

That should leave the eagles roughly around 34 million over the cap after slay. Restructuring Graham and cox both should get them pretty close to cap compliant and I believe kelce as well

They also need to figure out barnett who has a 10 million dollar cap hit with his 5th year option right now so extending him or letting him walk should place the eagles under the cap
    I don't think Cox gets restructured. Graham and Kelce still lived up to their contracts. That's going to be hard to do for Cox as makes about double than the other two and is seemingly on the decline. If so it would make sense to release him in 2022, and a restructure would prevent that. I'd use 2021 to see if he can get back to his old self.

You can certainly blame him for the team being in this mess, but restructuring Graham and Kelce are sensible moves to get out of it. I proposed this a short while ago. They are team leaders who still perform very well, so they are worth keeping through a rebuild.

Well 2 things

First of all he has no choice. If you cut any of these players their dead cap hit almost makes it impossible to become cap compliant and weíll lose draft picks

Second of all if the cap rises these dummy years and cap hits become almost inconsequential

So while howie struggles with a lot of things this is both necessary and the right move

Heís not signing them to Alshon extensions. Usually thereís either some added years, or changing base salary to bonuses to alter the cap hit of the contract
    I was mores talking about the mess and him still having a job, not so much what he's doing with the restructures.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You can certainly blame him for the team being in this mess, but restructuring Graham and Kelce are sensible moves to get out of it. I proposed this a short while ago. They are team leaders who still perform very well, so they are worth keeping through a rebuild.
    I didn't intend to make it seem like restructuring wasn't sensible.

The mess, the mess is on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    What else can he do? They are still 25m otc with 12 days to get under.

The only player they can really cut is Barnett and save 10mil, everyone else has too much dead money.
    I could have been more clear, explained above.

Now there is talk that the Eagles want to sign Derek Barnett to an extension? I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Now there is talk that the Eagles want to sign Derek Barnett to an extension? I hope not.
    Heís 24 and has shown promise. An extension lowers his cap number. I donít see a reason to not sign him

Heís 24 and has shown promise. An extension lowers his cap number. I donít see a reason to not sign him
    Barnett is too inconsistent and injured too much for my liking. Sweat is cheaper and better IMO.

Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast