Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Howie is about the only thing I donít trust in this organization. I was a big Howie fan previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feeling the same about lurie too.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Feeling the same about lurie too.
    Yeah Iíll add him. Not sure how much heís truly doing the meddling though. Iíll rephrase and say Howie is the person I trust the least in the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Yeah Iíll add him. Not sure how much heís truly doing the meddling though. Iíll rephrase and say Howie is the person I trust the least in the organization.
    I think a lot of the decisions that get pinned on Howie were made by Lurie:

- Extending Wentz, and then trading him less than 2 years later.
    - Delaying the rebuild until 2021 when 2020 should have been the year, instead they acquired more aging veterans, some even in exchange for draft assets.

I don't think Howie has the executive authority to make these calls. I *do* believe he was primarily behind the decision to draft Hurts and that may be the only reason he's still here. What was supposed to be a cheap, long-term backup turned out to show some promise and performed comparable to the highly paid franchise QB.

But Howie's drafting in general is still subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think a lot of the decisions that get pinned on Howie were made by Lurie:

- Extending Wentz, and then trading him less than 2 years later.
    - Delaying the rebuild until 2021 when 2020 should have been the year, instead they acquired more aging veterans, some even in exchange for draft assets.

I don't think Howie has the executive authority to make these calls. I *do* believe he was primarily behind the decision to draft Hurts and that may be the only reason he's still here. What was supposed to be a cheap, long-term backup turned out to show some promise and performed comparable to the highly paid franchise QB.

But Howie's drafting in general is still subpar.
    I actually read a post draft PFF article that said that hurts had the 3rd highest chance of being elite out of the QB prospects last season

1st being burrow and the 2nd being Herbert

And this was before he even stepped foot on the field. And his adjusted passing stats were second to only burrow in college

And that the eagles made a great pick because in the same article it said Carson wentz had a higher probability of being an above average starter than an elite QB at this point. I think it was 60% or something like that

So their point was by adding hurts it gave the eagles a combined probability of getting an elite QB 2nd only to Kansas City when you combined both of them lol

And that hurts compared favorably to Deshaun and Lamar. Iím aware most of this is absurd math that I have no idea the origins. But the hurts pick wasnít howies worst is what Iím saying. May end up being a stroke of genius if hurts develops into something further than expected

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I actually read a post draft PFF article that said that hurts had the 3rd highest chance of being elite out of the QB prospects last season

1st being burrow and the 2nd being Herbert

And this was before he even stepped foot on the field. And his adjusted passing stats were second to only burrow in college

And that the eagles made a great pick because in the same article it said Carson wentz had a higher probability of being an above average starter than an elite QB at this point. I think it was 60% or something like that

So their point was by adding hurts it gave the eagles a combined probability of getting an elite QB 2nd only to Kansas City when you combined both of them lol

And that hurts compared favorably to Deshaun and Lamar. Iím aware most of this is absurd math that I have no idea the origins. But the hurts pick wasnít howies worst is what Iím saying. May end up being a stroke of genius if hurts develops into something further than expected
    Hurts is more similar to Dak than Deshaun or Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Hurts is more similar to Dak than Deshaun or Lamar.

I was just posting what they said not necessarily what i actually think heíll become. Eagles will know more this year. Both the good and the bad have so many qualifiers that itís hard to make an accurate judgment

Eagles best move this year is to roll with Hurts IMO. If it doesn't work out, no big deal. Take a QB in the first round next year. Use this draft to fill other holes with talent deficiencies and see what Hurts can give you with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Eagles best move this year is to roll with Hurts IMO. If it doesn't work out, no big deal. Take a QB in the first round next year. Use this draft to fill other holes with talent deficiencies and see what Hurts can give you with them.
    Yup! Mamba ftw

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Yup! Mamba ftw

Mamba spittin' fire

Yup.

Mamba spittin' fire

Start calling you Dylon

If the Jonesí are going to make a move now might be the time to do it.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/s...836892160?s=21

Only problems with that:
    - next year's QB draft class will probably be a lot worse than this year's
    - the team may not be in a draft position close to getting a prospect like this year, even if 1 or 2 great prospects emerge in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Only problems with that:
    - next year's QB draft class will probably be a lot worse than this year's
    - the team may not be in a draft position close to getting a prospect like this year, even if 1 or 2 great prospects emerge in 2021
    I agree. It all depends on how they feel about Hurts. If they really like him, then sure...roll with him and see what he has next year. But if they aren't in love with him and question his ability to be a top QB and there is a QB available in the draft they really like, they cannot pass that up.

Slay next man up that restructured.

Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast