Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    I'm torn. On one hand, change needs to be made for sure. Obviously the special teams coach has to be gone. Regardless of whether or personnel sucked or not, the specials sucked outside of Crosby. He has to go.

Pettine probably has to go too. We all watch the games and it's super frustrating to watch our defense. On the other hand, was defense really fully to blame? 19 teams averaged 24 or more points a game in the regular season. After our loss to Indy, we gave up more than 24 twice the rest of the year. Once was 25 to Chicago in a game we won by 16, so part of that 24 was garbage time. And the other was to Tampa, but 7 of their 31 points were gifted by the offense with that fumble. The defense made mistakes and with that, Pettine should probably be let go but honestly, the defense wasn't the issue. To me, the offense scoring 6 pts off 3 turnovers and gifting Tampa 7 puts was huge. Obviously king's play to end the half was inexcusable, but even with thar, we still could have overcome it.

Like I said, you almost have to have some heads roll after a heartbreaker like that, if even just to prevent the team from a hangover next year. But I'm not sure the defense is really fully to blame either.

Pettine has to go. Just like Capers needed to go after the 2011 season, but excuses got made for him year after year. How many years did we waste spinning our wheels and not getting better because we gave him the benefit of the doubt? Id rather make the decision early rather than late.

If they do make the change at DC I hope it doesn't cost us Mike Smith the OLB coach he's done a phenomenal job. He would maybe the top internal hire candidate.

The only position coach I think you could argue has done better is Adam Stenavich who has done a stellar job with the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm torn. On one hand, change needs to be made for sure. Obviously the special teams coach has to be gone. Regardless of whether or personnel sucked or not, the specials sucked outside of Crosby. He has to go.

Pettine probably has to go too. We all watch the games and it's super frustrating to watch our defense. On the other hand, was defense really fully to blame? 19 teams averaged 24 or more points a game in the regular season. After our loss to Indy, we gave up more than 24 twice the rest of the year. Once was 25 to Chicago in a game we won by 16, so part of that 24 was garbage time. And the other was to Tampa, but 7 of their 31 points were gifted by the offense with that fumble. The defense made mistakes and with that, Pettine should probably be let go but honestly, the defense wasn't the issue. To me, the offense scoring 6 pts off 3 turnovers and gifting Tampa 7 puts was huge. Obviously king's play to end the half was inexcusable, but even with thar, we still could have overcome it.

Like I said, you almost have to have some heads roll after a heartbreaker like that, if even just to prevent the team from a hangover next year. But I'm not sure the defense is really fully to blame either.
    the problem though is like others have stated every playoffs if rodgers isnt great we dont win... he still had a great game yesterday... The interception was ********.... Him going for adams 3 straight times was a mistake as was him not running it but he thought the defense was on top of him which is understandable considering how they were around him.

I feel like Pettine needs to go and we need LBS/corner in the draft... I would not get rid of king because he isnt bad he just isnt great but i would try to upgrade if we have the chance. I think we should let jones walk and find another duel threat back that can be our 3rd down back that can run and catch and make dillion are man back. Also get a legit slot wideout and a new punter.

All this **** Iím hearing that ARod is gone Iím not buying. Itís all ********. Heíll be back. BUT, what I DO see him doing is going to dip **** and saying I want this, this and this. Iím done with this defense. Iíll redo my contract to free room, find other ways to free room, draft like a ****ing normal executive that sees glaring holes and make roster moves to have room to sign help. (IE, P Smith bye King GTFO, AJones, bye, Linsley might stay, Bak redo his deal) I have an opt out clause after next year. You have this off-season to change **** or Iím gone after next year. This is a make or break off season IMO. The way this franchise has ****ed around his career with sub par defenses and special teams the last decade is pitiful and he has every right to be pissed off.
    Last edited by JayZee1981; 01-26-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Theres no way he leaves until after next season. I dont understand the speculation. The whole conversation comes to a screeching halt as soon as you see how much dead money the Packers would be on the hook for. Its a nonstarter, no two ways about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Theres no way he leaves until after next season. I dont understand the speculation. The whole conversation comes to a screeching halt as soon as you see how much dead money the Packers would be on the hook for. Its a nonstarter, no two ways about it.
    Itís a 33 million cap hit before June 1st. After that I have no idea. Nevertheless, he can threaten and say whatever he wants. I believe heís earned it. Theyíve ****ed around for too long to fix glaring needs on this team for him to waste anymore of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    Itís a 33 million cap hit before June 1st. After that I have no idea. Nevertheless, he can threaten and say whatever he wants. I believe heís earned it. Theyíve ****ed around for too long to fix glaring needs on this team for him to waste anymore of his career.
    Oh i get it. If I was him, Id want out because MLF kicked a field goal instead of playing to win. I just dont think it happens this year.

At the same time I think Cowherd was spot on both the Packers and Rodgers are the best fits for each other, but I digress.

I really think as the reports suggest he wants a new contract not to leave. He forcing in a sense the organization to commit to him, if not its clear to him his future either way.

No way they move his this off-season, but will be interesting to see the whole thing unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    At the same time I think Cowherd was spot on both the Packers and Rodgers are the best fits for each other, but I digress.

I really think as the reports suggest he wants a new contract not to leave. He forcing in a sense the organization to commit to him, if not its clear to him his future either way.

No way they move his this off-season, but will be interesting to see the whole thing unfold.
    I think AR just as frustrated because the things he was great at doing he didn't do great vs. TB. Red zone, nope. I think he can piss and moan but he was 4 for 11 in the 4Q went 3 and out after two TB picks. Did King suck yes. But AR had plenty of chances to get to the SB. That's why this one hurts and he was so raw imo. The defense was good enough. If Rodgers was how he'd been 90 percent of this year no doubt in my mind ML goes for it on 4th. He should have anyway but not like offense was inspiring much confidence. The game was there for the taking.

The talk about him leaving are ridiculous. Florio just wants it to happen. AR and McAfee were talking today and didn't sound like he is going anywhere. He isn't going anywhere until at least next year. Also Love isn't close to ready. This team has a lot of nice building blocks. 97, 52, 55, 23, 26 on defense. Sign Jaire to an extension/Adams. Re-work deals. There are very few options that are better for AR..maybe the Rams or Niners? But Packers have been in the final four the last two years.

Unlike last year though this team needs and will have a lot of holes going into the draft. Draft for win now impact guys. Not a fu***** FB/TE on Day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post

If youíre referring to the same byte that I heard from that ******, then I actually agree with you and for once, him. I canít stand that jag off, but, and to my wifeís dismay, I agreed with him.

https://youtu.be/Swq8gl6UpG8

I hate this ******* but heís spot on here. Every word.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    some said the same thing bout Favre back in the day. the response. no one is above the team. i would not redo his contract unless there is a significant cap savings this year and the dead cap money in future years goes down. i do not see 1 draft getting us over the hump if anything this year and last year we have had once in a lifetime breaks that give us every break. i do think we played better this year than last but last year we were pretenders. there was not significant personnel changes this year (FA's, monster rookies). if Aaron takes it personnel that no new contract is offered that's on him. and yeah i'm going there one more time as a comparison Favre at the same point in his career was redoing his contract not to maximize personnel money but rather maximize team friendly cap affect.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    There are very few options that are better for AR..maybe the Rams or Niners? But Packers have been in the final four the last two years.

Unlike last year though this team needs and will have a lot of holes going into the draft. Draft for win now impact guys. Not a fu***** FB/TE on Day 2.
    I'm not sure either of those places is better spots for him, but that's a matter of opinion.

On a total side not with Deguara, I'm curious as to what his role is going to be, I am fairly certain they may begin to use him as a traditional TE. Daffney was a really underrated pick-up mid-season and played that role phenomenally. I see no reason to keep him there. I would begin to use Deguara as a traditional TE option. If Deguara can look anything like the past TE products from Cincy we're in great shape. He looked promising in the game he played, but we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    some said the same thing bout Favre back in the day. the response. no one is above the team. i would not redo his contract unless there is a significant cap savings this year and the dead cap money in future years goes down. i do not see 1 draft getting us over the hump if anything this year and last year we have had once in a lifetime breaks that give us every break. i do think we played better this year than last but last year we were pretenders. there was not significant personnel changes this year (FA's, monster rookies). if Aaron takes it personnel that no new contract is offered that's on him. and yeah i'm going there one more time as a comparison Favre at the same point in his career was redoing his contract not to maximize personnel money but rather maximize team friendly cap affect.
    There would be some benefits to negotiating a new deal for Rodgers, it would create immediate cap savings. Paying him a little more on the back end would help the team in the short term allowing us to keep certain personnel. I'm not convinced Rodgers is completely wanting a new deal for selfish means. He also in those remarks talked about being concerned about guys like Jones, Jamaal, and Linsley's futures. I don't know how true the stories are of him wanting a deal. Nor do I know how much he would want, but at the same time taking on a little more dead cap down the road likely isn't the worst thing as chances are cap is going to begin to climb again.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I think AR just as frustrated because the things he was great at doing he didn't do great vs. TB. Red zone, nope. I think he can piss and moan but he was 4 for 11 in the 4Q went 3 and out after two TB picks. Did King suck yes. But AR had plenty of chances to get to the SB. That's why this one hurts and he was so raw imo. The defense was good enough. If Rodgers was how he'd been 90 percent of this year no doubt in my mind ML goes for it on 4th. He should have anyway but not like offense was inspiring much confidence. The game was there for the taking.

The talk about him leaving are ridiculous. Florio just wants it to happen. AR and McAfee were talking today and didn't sound like he is going anywhere. He isn't going anywhere until at least next year. Also Love isn't close to ready. This team has a lot of nice building blocks. 97, 52, 55, 23, 26 on defense. Sign Jaire to an extension/Adams. Re-work deals. There are very few options that are better for AR..maybe the Rams or Niners? But Packers have been in the final four the last two years.

Not to keep going back to this. But that's where the officiating really pissed me off. Part of the reason Rodgers struggled in the 4th after those turnovers was because Tampa was allowed to get so grabby in the secondary. So the fact that king got called kills me so much. Part ot if is on 12 and an even bigger part of it is on the playcalling, which got really stale and predictable, but you can't discount WRs getting held either.

But I generally agree with the rest. Rodgers was frustrated because we were the better team. We were maybe better than Seattle when lost to them. But our other losses we weren't the better team. We were better last Sunday and failed to make the plays to close the deal. And that was on alot of folks. The HC, the DC, the full special teams unit, Rodgers, adams, Jones, king, the OL and the pass rushers all didn't play their best. Not saying the all stunk up the joint, but they all could have been better. And even just one or two of them being better could have changed it all. That's frustrating.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast