Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    First I agree with a lot of things said but this game was there for the taking with all the f ups. King allowing that pass before half unacceptable. Not going for it on 4th with 3 minutes left. Sac up LaFleur.

But for this team to win AR needs to be great and he wasn't. He should have ran that third down and he likely scores. The defense allowed 3 points not counting the Jones fumble setting up the score. Defense was great in 2H. Brady threw 3 f-ing picks in the game and the Packers scored 6 points.

Also 3 straight passes to Davante for FG in 1H...AR locked in on him as he does at times. Lazard had chance for easy TD. This team had all it could have asked for opportunity wise despite the braindead plays by KK. Also Tramon should have been playing over Redmond. That dropped pick doesn't happen and the King brainfart doesn't happen. Redmond should have caught that and Tramon would have and there was a chance to house that.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    First I agree with a lot of things said but this game was there for the taking with all the f ups. King allowing that pass before half unacceptable. Not going for it on 4th with 3 minutes left. Sac up LaFleur.

But for this team to win AR needs to be great and he wasn't. He should have ran that third down and he likely scores. The defense allowed 3 points not counting the Jones fumble setting up the score. Defense was great in 2H. Brady threw 3 f-ing picks in the game and the Packers scored 6 points.

Also 3 straight passes to Davante for FG in 1H...AR locked in on him as he does at times. Lazard had chance for easy TD. This team had all it could have asked for opportunity wise despite the braindead plays by KK. Also Tramon should have been playing over Redmond. That dropped pick doesn't happen and the King brainfart doesn't happen. Redmond should have caught that and Tramon would have and there was a chance to house that.
    I’m tired of the “Rodgers has to be great for us to win” nonsense. Rodgers ran for his life, completed about 70% of his passes, threw 3td’s and had another easy one plus a 2pt conversion dropped. If that wasn’t a great performance by Rodgers, then I don’t know what anyone can expect from him. You’re talking about perfection, not a great performance. Sorry, but that’s not realistic, and that’s been the problem for 10 years now. If Rodgers isn’t perfect, we lose big games. It’s ridiculous.

Not only that but this talk of “Well if he ran he would have scored” **** is garbage. What game are you watching? The safety was right there and he would have down on the 3. Let it go. Bottom line is this defense in the secondary besides JA, is horse ****. KK needs to go. Pettite needs to go. It’s not working. Gary progressed leaps and bounds. Thanks for everything Aaron Jones, and Preston Smith, here’s your parting gifts. We need to address actual NEEDS with that money. Resign Adams, Lindsay, get an actual productive ILB machine and shore up that secondary, then let’s go again. Team has much promise and they’re not that far away at all.

And the way the Chiefs look, you guys really think if they won this game, they’d stop them? Not a snowballs chance in hell.They would have been embarrassed in that Super Bowl for all to see.
    Last edited by JayZee1981; 01-24-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    Not only that but this talk of “Well if he ran he would have scored” **** is garbage. What game are you watching? The safety was right there and he would have down on the 3. Let it go. Bottom line is this defense in the secondary besides JA, is horse ****. KK needs to go. Pettite needs to go. It’s not working. Gary progressed leaps and bounds. Thanks for everything Aaron Jones, and Preston Smith, here’s your parting gifts. We need to address actual NEEDS with that money. Resign Adams, Lindsay, get an actual productive ILB machine and shore up that secondary, then let’s go again. Team has much promise and they’re not that far away at all.
    I get the run thing sorta. I think it would’ve been a better gamble than the throw he made but I doubt he would’ve gotten there. Bottom line is no matter what Rodgers does, people point at the couple things where he missed. Brady threw 3 int’s and everybody is talking about how great he is. He got bailed out by his defense. When has Rodgers been able to throw 3 int’s in a game and win on the strength of his defense?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    I get the run thing sorta. I think it would’ve been a better gamble than the throw he made but I doubt he would’ve gotten there. Bottom line is no matter what Rodgers does, people point at the couple things where he missed. Brady threw 3 int’s and everybody is talking about how great he is. He got bailed out by his defense. When has Rodgers been able to throw 3 int’s in a game and win on the strength of his defense?
    He could have been today....Packers defense stunk in the first half, but gave Rodgers/offense every chance to win. They gave up 3 points the final what 26 minutes? Down 5 they got two picks and didn't score.

Brady made some horrible throws today. He did get bailed out. But Rodgers missed wide open lazard locking in on 17. Also he let the run game do a lot of damage and I thought could have slowed down the pass rush by running more on plays. He is given two plays and picks the look. AR was good today but they needed great. Just speaking the truth. Defense played well enough to win. King allowing that deep TD before half was a killer and Jones fumble would have been the backbreaker but after that defense gave this team a chance. Was ARs moment.

He could have been today....Packers defense stunk in the first half, but gave Rodgers/offense every chance to win. They gave up 3 points the final what 26 minutes? Down 5 they got two picks and didn't score.

Brady made some horrible throws today. He did get bailed out. But Rodgers missed wide open lazard locking in on 17. Also he let the run game do a lot of damage and I thought could have slowed down the pass rush by running more on plays. He is given two plays and picks the look. AR was good today but they needed great. Just speaking the truth. Defense played well enough to win. King allowing that deep TD before half was a killer and Jones fumble would have been the backbreaker but after that defense gave this team a chance. Was ARs moment.
    this isnt accurate.. the defense stunk in the 2nd half as well... do not give the defense credit for interceptions brady though because he stinks... they were driving on that defense each time and would likely have scored on each drive if brady doesnt throw several stupid passes for interceptions.

AR moment was the entire game... how many times do we need to see rodgers out play the other QB and lose because defense but then sit here and watch mahomes put up stinks last season on his way to the superbowl win or brady this season with his stinkers and the list goes on... from day 1 after our first superbowl 1 till now it has been the same issue each and every season and that is defense/defense/defense with a few stupid coaching decisions thrown in.

We should just trade rodgers for bank and move on. We never winning with the route we take every off season and draft.

Rodgers should have and could have run that in. The safeties back was turned looking the opposite way. And if Pettine doesn't forget what he is doing the Bucs never get the last second TD in the first half. That's an 11pt swing, Pack win

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Rodgers should have and could have run that in. The safeties back was turned looking the opposite way. And if Pettine doesn't forget what he is doing the Bucs never get the last second TD in the first half. That's an 11pt swing, Pack win
    He at least could have gotten to the 2 or 3 making the 4th down a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Yes he should have. AR scores imo and not that close unless corner in back corner comes up and he has easy toss for TD. LaFleur goes for it if Rodgers gets to to 2 as you said but I think he scores.

The before half/after half was the killer. AR pick on drive where the could score, get 2H kickoff, score again. Instead King toast, Jones fumble. Packers could have gone up 10 with two TDs there and down 18 instead. The defense played well in the 2H to think they didn't is just sour grapes. I am mad too that AR isn't going to 2nd SB but he had his chances. TB going into last drive I think had less than 20 minutes TOP.

I am far from a Pettine fan. He stinks. But some accountability has to be on King. Keep everything in front of you and don't get beat deep on last play of half is something every player knows. King is just a dumb *******.

Also 5 pressures all game? Come on Pettine.

But I still don't get why AR doesn't run on that third down. It would be one thing if Adams was open but he wasn;'t. AR got locked in the entire game on Adams in the RZ.

Yes he should have. AR scores imo and not that close unless corner in back corner comes up and he has easy toss for TD. LaFleur goes for it if Rodgers gets to to 2 as you said but I think he scores.

The before half/after half was the killer. AR pick on drive where the could score, get 2H kickoff, score again. Instead King toast, Jones fumble. Packers could have gone up 10 with two TDs there and down 18 instead. The defense played well in the 2H to think they didn't is just sour grapes. I am mad too that AR isn't going to 2nd SB but he had his chances. TB going into last drive I think had less than 20 minutes TOP.

I am far from a Pettine fan. He stinks. But some accountability has to be on King. Keep everything in front of you and don't get beat deep on last play of half is something every player knows. King is just a dumb *******.

Also 5 pressures all game? Come on Pettine.

But I still don't get why AR doesn't run on that third down. It would be one thing if Adams was open but he wasn;'t. AR got locked in the entire game on Adams in the RZ.
    King shouldn't get beat deep, but the defensive call there from Pettine was brutal. Pettine is the king of keeping things in front of you, so this is definitely the time to do single high man shaded to the inside. I'm not really a Pettine fan, although he was better the second half of the season, but I'd fire him just for that. I'm expecting MLF to fire him base off of some of the post game comments he made.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    King shouldn't get beat deep, but the defensive call there from Pettine was brutal. Pettine is the king of keeping things in front of you, so this is definitely the time to do single high man shaded to the inside. I'm not really a Pettine fan, although he was better the second half of the season, but I'd fire him just for that. I'm expecting MLF to fire him base off of some of the post game comments he made.
    Horrible both sides but if you're King and he is blowing past you, tackle him. Just don't allow a TD....

I dont see anyway Pettine and Menenga are retained. Wade Phillips is still a top tier D coordinator out there. Has to be near the top of the list. A bit old, but maybe get some up and comer to pick his brain. Maybe poach Jim Leonard from the Badgers. Lovie Smith worth considering. Maybe Romeo Crennel? A few other options out there. Bottom line something needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I dont see anyway Pettine and Menenga are retained. Wade Phillips is still a top tier D coordinator out there. Has to be near the top of the list. A bit old, but maybe get some up and comer to pick his brain. Maybe poach Jim Leonard from the Badgers. Lovie Smith worth considering. Maybe Romeo Crennel? A few other options out there. Bottom line something needs to change.
    Phillips and crenell are too old.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Phillips and crenell are too old.
    They are old, but bring top notch experience. A few other names I've heard floated were Aubrey Pleasant and Chris Hewitt. The Jim Leonhard move sounds interesting too. They shouldn't have a shortage of potential suitors to be honest.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast