NFC Championship

VS

Sunday January 24th at 3:05 PM EST/ 2:05 PM CST
    TV: FOX:

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Tom Brady, QB #12 - 1375 Yards / 12 TD 4 INT / 64.3 CMP% / 96.8 QB Rating
    Aaron Rodgers, QB #12 - 1214 Yards / 13 TD 0 INT / 70.5 CMP% / 128.4 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Ronald Jones II, RB #27
    Aaron Jones, RB #33

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Mike Evans, WR #13
    Davante Adams, WR #17

Tight End

~VS~

Rob Gronkowski, TE #87
    Robert Tonyan, TE #85

Defensive Line

~VS~

Ndamukong Suh, DE #93
    Kenny Clark, DE #97

Linebacker

~VS~

Devin White, LB #45
    Krys Barnes, LB #51

Defensive Back

~VS~

Antoine Winfield JF, S #31
    Jaire Alexander, CB #23

Kicker

~VS~

Ryan Succop, K #3
    Mason Crosby, K #2

Click For More Stats

So we have back to back years in the NFCCG playing the team that beat us handily in the regular season. I see that as a complete coincidence. Our entire team is different than it was in that loss. Yes our defense is still worrisome, but has grown some since. Our offense has played lights out and weíre at home. Score might differ as the week goes on, but not the winner.
    Packers win 33-30 in a cardiac game.

Ideally it will be cold and snowy Sunday. We will have to see on that. But Brady still has a few weapons that have played cold games IE Gronk and Brown.

We need to move the ball well. Ensure the running game is a factor, and take care of the football. No guarantee you get extra possessions. The plan of attack however is likely similar against the Tampa D. We started off fast, but need to make sure they don't get the momentum back. Should be a good match up.

For the defense we need to get pressure, we also need to limit their run. The OL needs to play stellar as they have been.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 01-18-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Like Bart Scott once said " CAN'T WAIT"

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Ideally it will be cold and snowy Sunday. We will have to see on that. But Brady still has a few weapons that have played cold games IE Gronk and Brown.

We need to move the ball well. Ensure the running game is a factor, and take care of the football. No guarantee you get extra possessions. The plan of attack however is likely similar against the Tampa D. We started off fast, but need to make sure they don't get the momentum back. Should be a good match up.

For the defense we need to get pressure, we also need to limit their run. The OL needs to play stellar as they have been.
    I donít think Brown is playing, and if he is heíll surely be snap counted with that knee.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    I donít think Brown is playing, and if he is heíll surely be snap counted with that knee.
    He may not he's getting an MRI on his knee today. It will have to be seen. I'm curious to see how the cold impact some of Brady's extra weapons. If he's a no-go we will see a lot more of Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson. They haven't look exactly sharp and clicking. Part of that I would chalk up to jitters. However, jitters plus cold and maybe snow could be some of those inches matters that will help the team.

Another thing to maybe watch is Vita Vea is coming off the IR. No guarantee he will play, but that could be something to watch.

A few matchups early that have my interest will be Kenny Clark vs. TB's interior line. In the last match up Clark was a bit rusty and wasn't clicking. I'm curious to also see our run game vs. their defense. If the run game can be a factor then the play-action is in play.

Interested to see which Tampa team shows us. This is a D just 2 weeks ago they gave up 306 yards to Taylor Heinke who played a heck of a game. Also worth wondering what offense shows yesterday the offense wasn't special and greatly benefited from a poor offensive effort from New Orleans that gave them the ball back 4 times, and 2 or 3 of those were in the Tampa zone, the fumble still gave them a short field. No matter how this game flows this is a team we will have to play 4 quarters and not get lazy because they have a QB who can even though old can bring them back.

I did see that Vita Vea is starting to practice this week, doesn't mean he is going to play but, it starts his clock.

I think the best thing for the Packers is getting out to the lead and basically taking a team's running game away by being up multiple possessions. Get up 17-3 and take RoJo out of it. Allows Clark, Smith Bros. and Gary to get after Brady. That is the way to win this one. Hopefully somebody can make a game-changing or breaking play with a turnover for the Pack. I think this game is down to the wire. 28-24 type game. I want this second SB trip for AR really bad lol

Man I got a bad feeling about this game and I know I shouldnít.

Oline has to play this game like theyíre out for blood. They have to absolutely maul and manhandle this front 7. Avenge the beating they took last time. They do that, the offense will roll. On defense, our pass rush has to be a factor. May not need 4 sacks, but they have to at least put a hand on Brady a few times and make him uncomfortable. Secondary needs a big game. Play strong on the perimeter and not give up anything easy. Probably gonna need a safety on gronk, I donít think we have a lbíer that can hang with him. We forced no toís against LA, I dunno if we can win like that this week.

Itís Wednesday and I have butterflies about this game... itís gonna be a tough game but we are clicking. If that keeps up we canít be stopped. No turnovers. Absolutely no room for error. No sacks and no turnovers and we win this game.

Rodgers looked so relaxed dancing at practice. Makes me think he has a good feeling

Quote Originally Posted by packerfan826 View Post
    Rodgers looked so relaxed dancing at practice. Makes me think he has a good feeling
    When you're locked in like he is why wouldn't you have a good feeling? I am already pumped for this one.

Latest on AJ Dillon "he appears to be on track to play with Wednesday's limited session. The Packers used Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams relatively equally last week, while Dillon handled six carries as a distant third option. If the Bucs game is close, Dillon may only play a few offensive snaps."

I think the 3-headed backfield could be very useful in this match up. The best way to run against Tampa is up the middle. It's really hard to get run lanes on the edge against them. The RB's could be key in this game as well. The way to beat the Bucs has really been shorter conservative passes and take the occasional chance. The more I see the forecast the less I think it's going to be a major equalizer. May it have some impact sure, but the outlook is, there may be snow, but nothing during game time, and it will only get into the low 20's towards the end of the game.

The defense is going to have to be aware. Even if they can limit guys like Godwin and Evans. Some of the biggest impacts for the Bucs so far have been Cameron Brate and Forunette.

I have a hunch we won't see much Dillon whether he's healthy or not. That fumble really hurt him most likely. And Williams ran really well last week.

The weather will be interesting. Obviously Brady has played in cold a ton and so has grown. But I don't think many of the rest of them have.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 01-21-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast