Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Deshaun Watson

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Btw, the Lions aren't getting quite the huge interest for Stafford as they thought. Only a few teams have inquired and the offers aren't great.
    I think he ends up with the Colts. Itís really the best fit for Stafford. I would like to have Stafford on this team but not at the cost of giving up #10. Iíd rather just pay Dak.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,740
    The best bet is to resign Dak to a 4 year deal only and not this year but next start looking for a replacement QB. Let him walk after his 4 year deal.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    The best bet is to resign Dak to a 4 year deal only and not this year but next start looking for a replacement QB. Let him walk after his 4 year deal.
    I agree that the best bet at this point is to just pay Dak. UNLESS Wilson drops to 10 which I highly doubt. If Dak wants a 4 year deal, just give it him. The cost of going out and getting another QB that is at least as good as Dak is going to be too costly. Any trade is likely going to cost multiple 1st rounders AND CeeDee Lamb, in addition to having to pay the new QB. Just pay Dak and make him your franchise QB.

    MM has a history of drafting QBís every other year or so. I would not be surprised if they draft another one in the middle rounds this year. I doubt that guy could be out Dak but you never know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I agree that the best bet at this point is to just pay Dak. UNLESS Wilson drops to 10 which I highly doubt. If Dak wants a 4 year deal, just give it him. The cost of going out and getting another QB that is at least as good as Dak is going to be too costly. Any trade is likely going to cost multiple 1st rounders AND CeeDee Lamb, in addition to having to pay the new QB. Just pay Dak and make him your franchise QB.

    MM has a history of drafting QBís every other year or so. I would not be surprised if they draft another one in the middle rounds this year. I doubt that guy could be out Dak but you never know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jerry has this thing about not drafting a QB with a top 5 pick. We haven't done it for decades. It's kind of interesting that the two teams featured in the Superbowl have hall of fame QBs leading their team and they beat some highly touted QBs in the championship game.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Jerry has this thing about not drafting a QB with a top 5 pick. We haven't done it for decades. It's kind of interesting that the two teams featured in the Superbowl have hall of fame QBs leading their team and they beat some highly touted QBs in the championship game.
    One QB drafted in the 1st and one drafted in the 6th. Itís not an exact science. A lot of the time it comes down to situation more than talent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    One QB drafted in the 1st and one drafted in the 6th. Itís not an exact science. A lot of the time it comes down to situation more than talent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, I wouldn't mind Trevor Lawrence. Who are you taking for the Superbowl?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,625
    Stafford is off the table. The Lions got Goff, a first rounder and a third rounder for him.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,740
    The Lions just raped the Rams. Goff, a 3rd pick in '21, a 1st on '22 & '23 for Stafford. Dallas should offer Dak straight up for Watson, still not sold Watson would be an improvement over Dak.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Well, I wouldn't mind Trevor Lawrence. Who are you taking for the Superbowl?
    I expect the Chiefs to win this one. This might be only the second time I have pulled for Brady to win the SB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    The Lions just raped the Rams. Goff, a 3rd pick in '21, a 1st on '22 & '23 for Stafford. Dallas should offer Dak straight up for Watson, still not sold Watson would be an improvement over Dak.
    If it was a straight up trade of Dak for Watson I would do the deal. I do not want the Cowboys giving up picks. They have way too many holes in the team to be giving away picks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I expect the Chiefs to win this one. This might be only the second time I have pulled for Brady to win the SB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I enjoy the Chiefs offense and kind of wish that's how the Cowboy offense looks....they have a play for almost every situation.

    I was really surprised the Rams gave up all that for a 32 year old Stafford who didn't really have that much better numbers than Goff. Both Goff and Wentz signed overpriced contracts and are on the outs with their organizations. Organizations should be careful of the kind of contracts they give their QBs.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,740
    Stafford is a good QB and should put up some great number with McVay. I'd guess top 5 in MVP voting next year.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If it was a straight up trade of Dak for Watson I would do the deal. I do not want the Cowboys giving up picks. They have way too many holes in the team to be giving away picks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What did you think of the Rams Lions trade?

    Do you think the Chiefs offensive line will hold up against the Bucs? I don't know how they've been able to perform considering the shaky lineup. Their best tackle last year went down with a season ending injury.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •