Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshaun Watson

Deshaun Watson

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...223270404?s=21

I know it would be a huge long shot but should the Cowboys go get Watson? Iíve always been of the belief that there isnít a player (usually free agent) that Jerry couldnít get if he wanted him. Obviously the player has to be available.

Deshaun Watson is available. You almost never see a franchise QB be made available when heís at the beginning of his prime. Is he better than Dak? Youíre paying elite money for either one. It will likely cost multiple 1st round picks and likely CeeDee Lamb. Or would you just pay Dak and keep Lamb and the picks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dak & Gallup for Watson or I'm keeping Dak.

Surprising that Deshaun wants a trade and ends up on the Jets, one of the worst organizations....if somehow that trade actually happens.
    Last edited by rocketfuel; 01-23-2021 at 04:50 AM.

Deshaun Watson

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Dak & Gallup for Watson or I'm keeping Dak.
    The Cowboys would likely have to include at least a 1st too.

Lions are looking to trade Matthew Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Lions are looking to trade Matthew Stafford.
    I really think the Jonesí will kick the tires on a potential trade for Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I really think the Jonesí will kick the tires on a potential trade for Stafford.

Do you think Stafford would help this team at this point? Once upon a time, he showed a lot of promise, but it seems like the top QBs are the ones still in the final four of the playoffs right now.

Do you think Stafford would help this team at this point? Once upon a time, he showed a lot of promise, but it seems like the top QBs are the ones still in the final four of the playoffs right now.
    Stafford has had the anchor that is the Detroit Lions chained to him his entire career. Heís 32 so he still have a few years left, by todayís standard anyways. If this were to happen though the Cowboys will need to work on their OL. Collins, Martin, Biadasz, and Looney will all be back. So they need to focus on improving the left side of the OL. Stafford has been a bit injury prone so he needs to have a good OL.

If he has a good OL and the defense is good enough I do think Stafford could get the Cowboys to at least the NFC Championship Game. The talent is there, he has the experience, and heís always appeared to have the desire. Iíve also never head anyone question his leadership skills.

Stafford has had the anchor that is the Detroit Lions chained to him his entire career. Heís 32 so he still have a few years left, by todayís standard anyways. If this were to happen though the Cowboys will need to work on their OL. Collins, Martin, Biadasz, and Looney will all be back. So they need to focus on improving the left side of the OL. Stafford has been a bit injury prone so he needs to have a good OL.

If he has a good OL and the defense is good enough I do think Stafford could get the Cowboys to at least the NFC Championship Game. The talent is there, he has the experience, and heís always appeared to have the desire. Iíve also never head anyone question his leadership skills.

Yeah, Stafford is talented. I had a hard time judging where he's at because he's been playing for the Lions.

If Jerry had brought Tom Brady in, how far do you think he would have taken this Cowboy squad? He took a 7-9 Bucs team (last season) to the Superbowl in one season. There were plenty of teams in the NFL that I felt Tom could have helped put over the top or at least get them close. I feel like we have such a dynamic wide receiving core....that it's just waiting to be activated.... maybe with the right offensive attack. CeeDee Lamb managed to thrive playing with backups.

Yeah, Stafford is talented. I had a hard time judging where he's at because he's been playing for the Lions.

If Jerry had brought Tom Brady in, how far do you think he would have taken this Cowboy squad? He took a 7-9 Bucs team (last season) to the Superbowl in one season. There were plenty of teams in the NFL that I felt Tom could have helped put over the top or at least get them close. I feel like we have such a dynamic wide receiving core....that it's just waiting to be activated.... maybe with the right offensive attack. CeeDee Lamb managed to thrive playing with backups.
    Yea I think the weapons are there for any QB like Stafford or Brady or Rodgers to put up huge offensive numbers. In order for them to win though our defense needs to be upgraded by a lot! Tampa has by far a better defense than the Cowboys. Thatís why Iím hoping this draft is heavy on the defensive side of the ball. Get Quinn the guys he needs to make this a great defense. If they do that any QB they have here (as long as heís elite) should be able to take this team deep into the playoffs.

Yea I think the weapons are there for any QB like Stafford or Brady or Rodgers to put up huge offensive numbers. In order for them to win though our defense needs to be upgraded by a lot! Tampa has by far a better defense than the Cowboys. Thatís why Iím hoping this draft is heavy on the defensive side of the ball. Get Quinn the guys he needs to make this a great defense. If they do that any QB they have here (as long as heís elite) should be able to take this team deep into the playoffs.

What do you think happened to the defense? I remember not long ago, the Cowboys had one of the better defenses, shutting down that top offense Saints to 13 points. I would think a top flight QB would help the defense, by controlling the clock and getting far ahead so the defense can get rest and also not get desperate.

What do you think happened to the defense? I remember not long ago, the Cowboys had one of the better defenses, shutting down that top offense Saints to 13 points. I would think a top flight QB would help the defense, by controlling the clock and getting far ahead so the defense can get rest and also not get desperate.
    Well with Quinn. Ring the DC I would expect the defense to be molded to what he likes. That means big CB, play making Safeties, small fast LBís that can cover and a DL that can get after the QB including from the DT position. Thatís what I would expect then to be looking for in FA and the draft.

Itís going to be interesting to see what they do with Jaylon Smith. Do they ask him to take a pay cut? Do they release him if he doesnít? Or do they do nothing and move him back to the Weak Side? Thatís more his natural position and with LVE back thatís where he would be playing. I do expect they will draft a LB or two that will be smaller and faster. Francis Bernard might actually get a shot in Quinnís system.

At the top of the draft I would think that Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley would be the pick at 10. If both are gone itís likely they trade down. Gregory Rousseau would be a good pick if they stay at 10. I read that a lot of teams are taking Micah Parsons off their board for something he did off the field, it sure what though.

Well with Quinn. Ring the DC I would expect the defense to be molded to what he likes. That means big CB, play making Safeties, small fast LBís that can cover and a DL that can get after the QB including from the DT position. Thatís what I would expect then to be looking for in FA and the draft.

Itís going to be interesting to see what they do with Jaylon Smith. Do they ask him to take a pay cut? Do they release him if he doesnít? Or do they do nothing and move him back to the Weak Side? Thatís more his natural position and with LVE back thatís where he would be playing. I do expect they will draft a LB or two that will be smaller and faster. Francis Bernard might actually get a shot in Quinnís system.

At the top of the draft I would think that Patrick Surtain or Caleb Farley would be the pick at 10. If both are gone itís likely they trade down. Gregory Rousseau would be a good pick if they stay at 10. I read that a lot of teams are taking Micah Parsons off their board for something he did off the field, it sure what though.

Do you think they're going to take Surtain? What do you think Jerry's going to do at the QB position? He's been saying Dak's his QB, but they seem to be at an impasse.

Do you think they're going to take Surtain? What do you think Jerry's going to do at the QB position? He's been saying Dak's his QB, but they seem to be at an impasse.
    I hope they take Surtain if heís there. He would be my choice. But I donít think you could go wrong with Caleb Farley either. Theyíre both 6í2Ē and in the 210 range. Both are physical CBís. I just prefer Surtain because of his pedigree and the fact that he and Diggs played together at Bama.

Another guy to keep an eye on though is Rashawn Slater the OT from Northwestern. Dude is a beast and can actually play any position in the OL but I would expect heíd be groomed to replace Tyron Smith. Until then he can play LG. Once Smith gets hurt (because we all know he will) again Slater can slide over to LT. Itís not a sexy pick but it would solidify that OL when you consider they will also be getting back Collins, Martin, Biadasz, Looney, and Tyron. The OL should be very good but could be even better with Slater. If theyíre going to pay Dak around $40M/per they might want to make sure he has a good/great LT for the next 10 years. Slater could be that guy.

I hope they take Surtain if heís there. He would be my choice. But I donít think you could go wrong with Caleb Farley either. Theyíre both 6í2Ē and in the 210 range. Both are physical CBís. I just prefer Surtain because of his pedigree and the fact that he and Diggs played together at Bama.

Another guy to keep an eye on though is Rashawn Slater the OT from Northwestern. Dude is a beast and can actually play any position in the OL but I would expect heíd be groomed to replace Tyron Smith. Until then he can play LG. Once Smith gets hurt (because we all know he will) again Slater can slide over to LT. Itís not a sexy pick but it would solidify that OL when you consider they will also be getting back Collins, Martin, Biadasz, Looney, and Tyron. The OL should be very good but could be even better with Slater. If theyíre going to pay Dak around $40M/per they might want to make sure he has a good/great LT for the next 10 years. Slater could be that guy.

Btw, the Lions aren't getting quite the huge interest for Stafford as they thought. Only a few teams have inquired and the offers aren't great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast