Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Also regarding Crypto I get into this debate with my more techy friends who are true believers.

We debate if it will ever truly replace a standard currency (I personally doubt it) but I think we all believe it has some real intrinsic value as, at minimum, a real commodity.

For what itís worth the incoming SEC chair has argued that cryptocurrency is not a scam or Ponzi scheme and that it is a legitimate security. If It becomes properly regulated the true believers may hate it, but it will stabilize its value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It becomes super valuable especially in countries where there are lot of censorship laws. Theyíre easy for anyone to trade and I know people who invest into crypto as a sort of VPN type of thing.

I admittedly have no idea how it works...I just know that I bought chainlink at $10 a share and now itís at an all time high of $23.

Iím hoping that it jumps up like the next Ethereum and goes from $23 to $1000 in a years time...itís easily been the most bullish crypto currency of 2020 and itís going over into 2021. I want to get about 100-200 shares but thatís tough because I donít have a ton of disposable income.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Funny what everyone considers a small investment to just play with [emoji23]

I started with putting $545 into Robinhood in June, it dipped down to like $300, now it's worth about $750, so I'm doing decently. I'm really just a baby when it comes to investing, but it makes me feel good know I could gain about 35% on my investment in 6 months.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I invested about $1200 into chainlink and $1500 into robinhood over the summer...I ended up walking away with 2 grand in crypto and about $200 from my Airline shares.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    And now I may buy and hold ETHEREUM. Thanks a lot sick.
    Iím mad at myself for not buying ethereum a few months ago...basically quadrupled in price

Off Topic - Stock Market - Money Thread

Iím no crypto expert but essentially itís decentralized monetary exchange. The transaction history is written into the blockchain so thereís not much chance of adulteration. Iíll put my own summary and opinion below based on my research.

The problem with crypto is that a lot of its value is tied to true believers thinking it will replace the dollar and other nation-state currencies as the reserve currency of the world. For that to happen you basically have to believe in the complete collapse of the US and other nation states as we know them on a massive scale. Itís also a moving target in terms of value per Bitcoin/ETH/etc because of price volatility - that volatility makes it less than ideal as a large scale means for currency exchange for goods. Only true believers will likely accept Bitcoin over dollars for their goods and services (for now at least) because of that volatility.

I think itís safe to say that itís a legitimate security and commodity - much like gold. When all the bitcoins in the world have been mined and tapped out, it should have some permanence of value. Will it replace the dollar? I highly highly doubt it. And unless it does I think some of the fanciful dreams of what it will be worth are pie in the sky at best.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Iím mad at myself for not buying ethereum a few months ago...basically quadrupled in price

Definitely going to give it another try. Maybe Iíll sell the 75 shares of fuelcell to get it.

Iím really looking forward to this week. Hoping for more gains in NGA and am really hoping ocugen news comes out

Aphria is going to take a couple more months. Tilray is making it aphria worth so much s as and now with the senate being controlled by the dems they should be able to pass legislation to legalize pot

I bought aphria when it was $9.11 a share... Now at $12.54 don't really want to add more.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Funny what everyone considers a small investment to just play with [emoji23]

I started with putting $545 into Robinhood in June, it dipped down to like $300, now it's worth about $750, so I'm doing decently. I'm really just a baby when it comes to investing, but it makes me feel good know I could gain about 35% on my investment in 6 months.

Donít fool yourself, itís not that easy
    The last 4 years has been like a video game with all the cheat codes (especially 2020), I suspect the next few years will be slow growth

Thereís also hellish times, so enjoy the good times while you can and know when not to be too greedy

Iím thinking about pulling my ďcashĒ portfolio mostly out over the next 6 months, it feels too easy lately and thatís usually a signal for me to get out. I got out October 2019 (though I was regretting it for a few months) then I jumped all back in March 2020 and hit on every single transaction

Agreed. Feels like we are reaching a bubble that will burst soon. But with vaccine and economy hopefully opening up after, also feels like we may have 1-2 more years of it before the drop

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I would love to buy Amazon but I don't know how much meat is on the bone at 3,100 bucks a share. I know Amazon craps cash but how much more can their stock be worth? Tesla was a really great buy. I never expected Musk to be worth more than Bezos. That's crazy.

Apple is a good stock because they present plenty of buying opportunities.

I bought a 100 shares of NVIDIA two years ago and its done really well for me. Its a good stock because the future of gaming is in PCs and NVIDIA is the largest GPU company in the world.
    Iíve held a share of Amazon in my IRA since August and itís done jack ****. They should really split their stock like Apple and Tesla.

Off Topic - Stock Market - Money Thread

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    For now Iím look for things that are moving and that I understand why theyíre moving. Hence no crypto and Iíll wait on ETFs, except for my differed comp account through work. Green energy stocks are where I put 50% of my focus and the other is whatís going on in the worth at the moment IE- pot stocks and covid vaccine
    This is my strategy as well, although Iíve not very good at recognizing bullish momentum over multiple days/weeks. So I end up just day-trading stocks that have a ton of volume that day. I prefer buying at the lows and adding on price dips before the big move if possible so my average is good on my swing trades. My patience just has been lacking, which is why Iím not having the success I believe that I should have.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-18-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Isn't there a penalty if you day trade too often? I believe RH only allows five

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Remember am like 20 years older than you.

I wish I was investing back at your age, though I would of probably lost a lot in 2008. My buddy lost something GM like 75k during the crash. He has more than doubled that, more like quadruple that since.

Dude is worth close to a million and thatís mostly through investing his savings over the last 20 years.

I just was never one to take too many risks.
    Before the pandemic, I was never one to take risks either and never thought about trading stocks ever, but I loss a small part of my savings in acorns before the covid-crash last year. So I just said **** it and took my money out on a loss and put most of the money I had (which was about $30k at the time) and started growing it through what started as investing in my robinhood account that I opened.

Eventually I realized I did not have the patience to truly invest and started trading. My results have been mixed and I would have been much better off building a portfolio and diversifying back then.

I definitely feel like I could have made so much money trading (and I did) but then I started taking some big losses and losing confidence. I recently took a huge loss (that was totally avoidable) but my account is now at 130k. However I put in an additional $65k of money that I made since then. So overall Iíve made $35k since last March, but I have basically broke even since last June. Itís been frustrating, but Iíve learned a lot. Iím trying to make 2021 a big year and hopefully double my account.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

Yeah thereís PDT (Pattern Day Trader) if your account balance is under $25k. Itís a stupid rule, although I understand it. They donít want to encourage day-trading because it is very risky.

Thatís why I dumped $30k into my account when I started because I didnít want any restriction trading. I thought $5k was enough cushion to not fall below $25k and get flagged as a PDT.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

The rule is if you have less than $25k in your account you can only make up to 3 day trades in a 5 business day period, if you go over I think they stop you from trading for a week or a month or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iíve held a share of Amazon in my IRA since August and itís done jack ****. They should really split their stock like Apple and Tesla.
    It will imo.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast