Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Some of my better performers this year are SOXX, ARKK and BA.

I think value stocks were hard to find this time last year but COVID scrambled the market and there are still some opportunities for value in the post COVID world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Also regarding Crypto I get into this debate with my more techy friends who are true believers.

We debate if it will ever truly replace a standard currency (I personally doubt it) but I think we all believe it has some real intrinsic value as, at minimum, a real commodity.

For what itís worth the incoming SEC chair has argued that cryptocurrency is not a scam or Ponzi scheme and that it is a legitimate security. If It becomes properly regulated the true believers may hate it, but it will stabilize its value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

How does cryptocurrency work exactly? I get it is so you don't have to count on banks for your money but isn't this more susceptible to hackers and etc?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I used to mess with true penny stocks but itís too easy to lose money. Itís fun to have 3000 shares of a stock but for every penny the stock moves its $30.
    I prefer 1,000 shares of Apple
    Certainly some interesting days

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I prefer 1,000 shares of Apple
    Certainly some interesting days
    I bought Apple when it split in 2014. It was like 40 bucks a share when it split 7 times there. Now it split 4-1 (from 500 to 125) last August so made a nice bit of coin. I went through a decent % of my portfolio though when the pandemic put me out of work for 6 months. Just have to build it back up.

I put about 40k on apple Amazon and Tesla and the return has been solid.

I donít know too much just kind of follow what my buddy says because he does well for the most part. He is the one that put me on with Bitcoin and has told me that ether is the next big thing if I wanted to get in kind of early.

I just got Robinhood and been playing around with 5K just to see how I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

I donít know too much just kind of follow what my buddy says because he does well for the most part. He is the one that put me on with Bitcoin and has told me that ether is the next big thing if I wanted to get in kind of early.

I would love to buy Amazon but I don't know how much meat is on the bone at 3,100 bucks a share. I know Amazon craps cash but how much more can their stock be worth? Tesla was a really great buy. I never expected Musk to be worth more than Bezos. That's crazy.

Apple is a good stock because they present plenty of buying opportunities.

I bought a 100 shares of NVIDIA two years ago and its done really well for me. Its a good stock because the future of gaming is in PCs and NVIDIA is the largest GPU company in the world.

For now Iím look for things that are moving and that I understand why theyíre moving. Hence no crypto and Iíll wait on ETFs, except for my differed comp account through work. Green energy stocks are where I put 50% of my focus and the other is whatís going on in the worth at the moment IE- pot stocks and covid vaccine

Funny what everyone considers a small investment to just play with [emoji23]

I started with putting $545 into Robinhood in June, it dipped down to like $300, now it's worth about $750, so I'm doing decently. I'm really just a baby when it comes to investing, but it makes me feel good know I could gain about 35% on my investment in 6 months.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I would love to buy Amazon but I don't know how much meat is on the bone at 3,100 bucks a share. I know Amazon craps cash but how much more can their stock be worth? Tesla was a really great buy. I never expected Musk to be worth more than Bezos. That's crazy.

Apple is a good stock because they present plenty of buying opportunities.

I bought a 100 shares of NVIDIA two years ago and its done really well for me. Its a good stock because the future of gaming is in PCs and NVIDIA is the largest GPU company in the world.

NGA/lion electric signed a deal with amazon for electric trucks/vans.

And now I may buy and hold ETHEREUM. Thanks a lot sick.

Yeah also surprising to me what people call "play" money. I've only put $250 into robinhood and plan to do about $200 or so a month to slowly build up money and portfolio as I am not comfortable enough to start putting thousands into "play" money

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Funny what everyone considers a small investment to just play with [emoji23]

I started with putting $545 into Robinhood in June, it dipped down to like $300, now it's worth about $750, so I'm doing decently. I'm really just a baby when it comes to investing, but it makes me feel good know I could gain about 35% on my investment in 6 months.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Remember am like 20 years older than you.

I wish I was investing back at your age, though I would of probably lost a lot in 2008. My buddy lost something GM like 75k during the crash. He has more than doubled that, more like quadruple that since.

Dude is worth close to a million and thatís mostly through investing his savings over the last 20 years.

I just was never one to take too many risks.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    And now I may buy and hold ETHEREUM. Thanks a lot sick.
    I think itís at around 1k, so Iíll likely put in 5K on it.

I doubt it will be like Bitcoin, but even if it gets to 5-10k is a worthwhile investment unless it does not shoot up as he expects.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Yeah also surprising to me what people call "play" money. I've only put $250 into robinhood and plan to do about $200 or so a month to slowly build up money and portfolio as I am not comfortable enough to start putting thousands into "play" money

The perks of being single with no kids, I can use some of my savings for play money.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast