Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,647
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Only so much though. They aren't going to trade into it. Of course the buy-out market isn't coming to fruition yet but who's likely to be out there that will make an impact like that?
    Who knows, always some surprise name pops up.

    But Nets do/will have the Dinwiddie DPE, so they could trade for a McGee type contract.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,382
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Who knows, always some surprise name pops up.

    But Nets do/will have the Dinwiddie DPE, so they could trade for a McGee type contract.
    Maybe. But why not just get him in this deal for Harden then?

    I think the biggest name that could help them that will pop up is Andre Drummond. Other than that, I don't see much unless they can get Andre Roberson somehow (is he even on a team?).

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,647
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Maybe. But why not just get him in this deal for Harden then?

    I think the biggest name that could help them that will pop up is Andre Drummond. Other than that, I don't see much unless they can get Andre Roberson somehow (is he even on a team?).
    I just meant trade for a $5 million-ish contract using the DPE.

    I doubt Drummond gets bought out of his nearly $30 million deal.

    I think Robo is washed, its hard to not play ball for 2 and a half years then come back and look mediocre.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Hes just saying things will stabilize. Right now Jokic is the best player in the game statistically and threatening all-time marks, you think he'll keep that up?
    Bro it's Kevin Durant. If you take away 1 three pointer per game he's basically putting up his career averages across the board. Because of that 1 extra shot Warfelg gets to say "10 game sample size!!!!" I'm sorry that's just silly. Durant averaging 30-7-5 with great efficiency is exactly what a healthy KD did every year for 10 years. You don't get to right that off as a small sample size.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,382
    I guess you don’t understand the “small sample size part” then of those numbers making him the “run away MVP”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Only so much though. They aren't going to trade into it. Of course the buy-out market isn't coming to fruition yet but who's likely to be out there that will make an impact like that?
    Everybody has poor shooting nights, but it's hard to see a defense actually shutting Brooklyn down. If a defense is making life difficult they can have KD, Kyrie, Harden, and Harris on the floor with Jordan, Claxton (if he comes back healthy, or Perry. All four of those guys are effective on drives and from distance.

    Otherwise, they can have Brown and either Kyrie or Harden with Durant, Jordan and a filler to start and either Harden or Kyrie with Harris, Claxton (if healthy), Perry, and Johnson/Shamet/Chioza as the second unit.

    If you're going to beat them on something more than an occasional night you're going to have to play serious defense and strong rebounding. You're still going to have to expend a lot of energy on defense though, so anything close at the end of a game, Brooklyn should be good.

    Claxton is young and rail-thin, but he's got skills and size that are similar to Durant (nothing near the ballpark of Durant and still raw, but he can scoe at the rim, block shots, handle, and pass). If he can come back healthy, it will help to balance the team. Rondae Hollis Jefferson would be a smart pickup to help defensively, as long as the team doesn't make him think he has to do anything on offense other than get possible garbage points or drive to the hoop to draw some fouls on opposing bigs. They would still need a big to at least use his six fouls. Don't know what else Marks might do, but he can be good at finding serviceable at least low hanging fruit.

    Cleveland right now, with a plethora of bigs (including Allen), might be one of the better-built teams to give them trouble right now.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,707
    Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    Everybody has poor shooting nights, but it's hard to see a defense actually shutting Brooklyn down. If a defense is making life difficult they can have KD, Kyrie, Harden, and Harris on the floor with Jordan, Claxton (if he comes back healthy, or Perry. All four of those guys are effective on drives and from distance.

    Otherwise, they can have Brown and either Kyrie or Harden with Durant, Jordan and a filler to start and either Harden or Kyrie with Harris, Claxton (if healthy), Perry, and Johnson/Shamet/Chioza as the second unit.

    If you're going to beat them on something more than an occasional night you're going to have to play serious defense and strong rebounding. You're still going to have to expend a lot of energy on defense though, so anything close at the end of a game, Brooklyn should be good.

    Claxton is young and rail-thin, but he's got skills and size that are similar to Durant (nothing near the ballpark of Durant and still raw, but he can scoe at the rim, block shots, handle, and pass). If he can come back healthy, it will help to balance the team. Rondae Hollis Jefferson would be a smart pickup to help defensively, as long as the team doesn't make him think he has to do anything on offense other than get possible garbage points or drive to the hoop to draw some fouls on opposing bigs. They would still need a big to at least use his six fouls. Don't know what else Marks might do, but he can be good at finding serviceable at least low hanging fruit.

    Cleveland right now, with a plethora of bigs (including Allen), might be one of the better-built teams to give them trouble right now.
    Agree to it all. Well said. We just need to get fully healthy. One of the better posts I've seen in all my time on this site.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,357
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I guess you don’t understand the “small sample size part” then of those numbers making him the “run away MVP”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one called him the "run away MVP" before you made that post? Now you are just making things up.
    The question is KD playing like the league MVP? You brought up lots of players play well in 10 game samples. Now the only reason why a rational person would bring up "small sample size" is if they believe there is a chance that the level of production is unsustainable. I assume I'm talking to a rational person here so to me that logically would imply that you doubt Kevin Durant would be able to average 30-7-5 on high efficiency for the duration of the season. You basically admit to that here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Hes just saying things will stabilize. Right now Jokic is the best player in the game statistically and threatening all-time marks, you think he'll keep that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pretty much. Especially that 3pt%.
    Other than his 3pt percentage dropping a few points from 48% (4x in his career has has shot over 40% for an entire season) and his scoring dropping a few points as he shares the ball with Kyrie/Harden he has proven to me that he is the same Kevin Durant he has always been. He's got a 10 year resume of this MVP and Hall of Fame production. I know I'm not going to change your mind but I'm just going say I don't think you should bring up sample size for a player of KD's caliber because they have already proven that level of production is sustainable.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,382
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    No one called him the "run away MVP" before you made that post? Now you are just making things up.
    The question is KD playing like the league MVP? You brought up lots of players play well in 10 game samples. Now the only reason why a rational person would bring up "small sample size" is if they believe there is a chance that the level of production is unsustainable. I assume I'm talking to a rational person here so to me that logically would imply that you doubt Kevin Durant would be able to average 30-7-5 on high efficiency for the duration of the season. You basically admit to that here:





    Other than his 3pt percentage dropping a few points from 48% (4x in his career has has shot over 40% for an entire season) and his scoring dropping a few points as he shares the ball with Kyrie/Harden he has proven to me that he is the same Kevin Durant he has always been. He's got a 10 year resume of this MVP and Hall of Fame production. I know I'm not going to change your mind but I'm just going say I don't think you should bring up sample size for a player of KD's caliber because they have already proven that level of production is sustainable.
    Yes I doubt he’s going to keep a near 50% 3pt%, so that’s not rational to think?!?

    Also the point of small sample size is anyone can have a run with a stat much better but saying he’s the MVP because of a 10 game run reflects that nothing outside of it matters. If Booker goes off in a 10 game span for an average of 40 points with a 60 point game mixed in should we say the same thing? Or should we say the whole season matters?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,357
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yes I doubt he’s going to keep a near 50% 3pt%, so that’s not rational to think?!?

    Also the point of small sample size is anyone can have a run with a stat much better but saying he’s the MVP because of a 10 game run reflects that nothing outside of it matters. If Booker goes off in a 10 game span for an average of 40 points with a 60 point game mixed in should we say the same thing? Or should we say the whole season matters?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So your whole post about the 10 game sample size was simply focused on his 3pt percentage? That just seems odd then considering there were 9 statistics listed. How many of them do you think are unsustainable for KD?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,382
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    So your whole post about the 10 game sample size was simply focused on his 3pt percentage? That just seems odd then considering there were 9 statistics listed. How many of them do you think are unsustainable for KD?
    The shooting efficiency. And no my whole sample size wasn’t focused on that. I explained and you skipped it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,084
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Bro it's Kevin Durant. If you take away 1 three pointer per game he's basically putting up his career averages across the board. Because of that 1 extra shot Warfelg gets to say "10 game sample size!!!!" I'm sorry that's just silly. Durant averaging 30-7-5 with great efficiency is exactly what a healthy KD did every year for 10 years. You don't get to right that off as a small sample size.
    TBH I didn't even look at any numbers, this is just a pov I've adopted over the years but especially so, early in another odd season.

    Hes obviously back to form from what little I've seen/heard but I want to see if the marathon of the RS begins to weigh on him.
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-20-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •