Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    IMO he's at best a $12-14 million per year player.
    He just saw what KCP got and he probably feels that he is a better player than KCP. He will also get more in the free agent market. Some loser team will overpay for him. If Clarkson got what he got, Schroeder would get more. It's what I would be looking at if I was coming up for a contract. If so and so is getting this much and I feel that I'm just as good or better, then that sets the market price. Now Chip teams like the Lakers can't pay as much as a lottery team that doesn't have superstar salary on it but they don't care. They want to get paid.

Again I wonder how the Bulls feel about trading Lavine. What they probably want is picks which we don't have. I feel that he will eventually get 18 mil per. Maybe a small compromise on both sides.

"Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    All this game proved to me was that once Klay is back next season, the West will once again belong to the warriors

This 2020-21 season is the Lakersí last season to come out of the west and capitalize on winning another championship. Thatís just a fact.

I look at a guy like Anthony Davis and honestly .... If this guy didnít have LeBron he would be ****. He doesnít step up the way he should as a franchise player when LeBron is struggling. LeBron shoulders way too much of the load at this stage of his career and itís not fair to him. AD needs to find his balls and start playing like a consistent franchise player.

Soft *** *****
    And honestly, how useless is Marc Gasol for us?

Dude canít even contribute when you need him. He just ainít it.
    Agree

Also, I would like to take this time to also say that Wes Matthews sucks
    So typical. I can imagine what happens when the Lakers lose to the Bucks next game lol.

double post
    Last edited by Mave1002; 01-20-2021 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iron24th View Post
    you forgot last post season very quickly, if it wasn't for ad we would not be champions right now, same for lebron, they both need each other.

ad can do whatever during the regular season as long as he's beasting again next post season.

and please do not take the warriors with your clippers too
    tyvm

Lakers will be fine as long as they don't play good teams.

Ok, a joke

Quote Originally Posted by suffer2peace View Post
    Lakers will be fine as long as they don't play good teams in the regular season.

Ok, a joke
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    tyvm

Agree

Also, I would like to take this time to also say that Wes Matthews sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I have been disappointed by Matthews so far. Hopefully we can get more out of him as the season goes along. I do find it funny that a lot of posters keep talking about how with the additions and emergence of some players that means Caruso will be out of the rotation. Through it all, he's still probably the best option to close games so far outside of LBJ and AD lol
    I think you guys expect too much from a minimum salaried player. In 240 less minutes played then Schroder, they have the exact same # of 3 pointers made.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I think you guys expect too much from a minimum salaried player. In 240 less minutes played then Schroder, they have the exact same # of 3 pointers made.
    LOL good point Tx. 16 games in:

Schroder 31.0 3P% @31.1mpg
    Matthews 40.0 3P% @19.9mpg

I don't know, DS is Good. Like a really good scorer but the game vs Milwaukee he failed to impress at all. For a contract like that, if your shots aren't falling (2/10 FG and 0/3 from three) you gotta find other ways to contribute.. he dished ONE dime in 33 minutes of action. That's it.

To be fair though, he only had one turnover as well. I still believe that he'd be better off the bench and a pair of shooters starting with two facilitators. Marc/AD/KCP/WES/LBJ. Wes would flourish in this unit.

Second unit showcases the league's most dynamic duo off the bench Keef/Trez/Kuz/AC/DS.

Re-posting this data:

Cranjis McBasketball@Tim_NBA
    The shot Harrell made rolling assisted by LeBron was only the FOURTH LeBron -> Harrell P&R connection all season.

Weíve been talking about this since preseason as a likely issue.

Harrell gets a point from a P&R roll from SchrŲder once every ~10 minutes. They play ~10 MPG together so it's about 1 make every 2 games. That's low.

It was once every ~30(!!) minutes with LeBron heading into tonight.

https://twitter.com/Tim_NBA/status/1350292436971638786

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    He just saw what KCP got and he probably feels that he is a better player than KCP. He will also get more in the free agent market. Some loser team will overpay for him. If Clarkson got what he got, Schroeder would get more. It's what I would be looking at if I was coming up for a contract. If so and so is getting this much and I feel that I'm just as good or better, then that sets the market price. Now Chip teams like the Lakers can't pay as much as a lottery team that doesn't have superstar salary on it but they don't care. They want to get paid.

Again I wonder how the Bulls feel about trading Lavine. What they probably want is picks which we don't have. I feel that he will eventually get 18 mil per. Maybe a small compromise on both sides.
    Best package would be Schroder/Kuz/THT for probably LaVine and Kornet. In this scenario, I see DS going to a 3rd team though.

Best package would be Schroder/Kuz/THT for probably LaVine and Kornet. In this scenario, I see DS going to a 3rd team though.
    Yes that is best case. They will also try to secure a Pick since Dennis will be a free agent. Off season the best we can do is Pope, Kuzma and sign and trade for THT. Lakers may need to position themselves to sign him as a free agent if it possible. The problem is THT, Caruso, Dennis will all get more than a 1 year deal and combine for more than 19mil. It kind of hurts because Lakers really have to think of a fringe star to a low tear star at the minimum.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-23-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Yes that is best case. They will also try to secure a Pick since Dennis will be a free agent. Off season the best we can do is Pope, Kuzma and sign and trade for THT. Lakers may need to position themselves to sign him as a free agent if it possible. The problem is THT, Caruso, Dennis will all get more than a 1 year deal and combine for more than 19mil. It kind of hurts because Lakers really have to think of a fringe star to a low tear star at the minimum.
    No way LBJ let's KCP/AC go.

No way LBJ let's KCP/AC go.
    The 3 point kings ! It's amazing how far these 2 have come. They were suspect shooters for their whole career, KCP got hot in the playoffs, and Caruso has been a sniper all this season. I guess winning the ring and hard work have help evolved their careers.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213