Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Some ideas for coordinators should DCam be hired as HC

https://detroitjockcity.com/2021/01/...an-campbell/2/

If the Detroit Lions hire Dan Campbell, he needs to surround himself with an experienced offensive and defensive coordinator.

Here are a couple of coordinators I’d suggest, and no, I refuse to say, Joe Lombardi. Lombardi is currently the quarterbacks’ coach in New Orleans. After Lombardi’s previous debacle in Detroit, he isn’t welcomed back.

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Darrell Bevell back in 2021, especially if the organization is committed to retaining Matthew Stafford.

Another option to be the next OC may be recently fired L.A. Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn. Lynn and Campbell crossed paths in the past with the Dallas Cowboys. I’d be fine with hiring Lynn to be an offensive coordinator, as long as he’s not responsible for managing the clock.

A pair of potential defensive coordinators to keep tabs on are Marvin Lewis and Todd Bowles. Both had been scheduled to interview for Detroit’s head coaching vacancy. Lewis did an interview, Bowles’ had been canceled after the organization hired GM Brad Holmes. With Lewis’ abundance of NFL head coaching experience, he’d be nothing but an asset to the first-year head coach.

Another name to watch is Wade Phillips, who would like to return to football after being out of the game for a year. It would be wise for Campbell to surround himself with experienced coordinators. Phillips crossed paths with newly appointed GM Holmes in L.A. as Sean McVay’s defensive coordinator.

Campbell seems to be a players coach, the phrase being thrown around lately by both current and former players is they’d run through a wall for him. That’s exactly what the Detroit Lions need.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Bevel as OC and Wade Phillips as DC is intriguing...
    i think it provides us with some consistency/stability on the offensive side and a new look defense that should be greatly improved on the defensive side of the ball.
    [img] [/img]

I'm all for Wade Phillips as DC. He probably won't be in Detroit for long given his age but he could also help groom the next DC.

Can we stop with the idea that Bevell would be a good selection for the OC position? The Lions offense was a joke. Do you all remember being shut out by the PANTHERS? How about scoring 7 against Tampa? Terrible at running the ball. Middle of the pack in terms of scoring.

Just no. Should not be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Can we stop with the idea that Bevell would be a good selection for the OC position? The Lions offense was a joke. Do you all remember being shut out by the PANTHERS? How about scoring 7 against Tampa? Terrible at running the ball. Middle of the pack in terms of scoring.

Just no. Should not be brought back.
    Do you think that some of that play was a reflection on Patricia and that the team gave up on him? They seemed to rally around bevel a bit more.
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Do you think that some of that play was a reflection on Patricia and that the team gave up on him? They seemed to rally around bevel a bit more.
    So for the first 11 games we average 21 points a game with Patricia on the sidelines and then when we fired Patricia and Bevell took over for last 5 we average 25 points per game. Yeah thats going to be a No from me for Bevell as OC. The players may have played harder once they were more loose but the scoring only went up 4 more points once Patricia left.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

if Wade is our DC we'll make the playoffs

he'll leave after the season, but at least we can say we made the playoffs, lost in the first round, drafted late, and ripped Stafford

damnit, I was pro Wade before typing this

if Wade is our DC we'll make the playoffs

he'll leave after the season, but at least we can say we made the playoffs, lost in the first round, drafted late, and ripped Stafford

damnit, I was pro Wade before typing this
    what the ****s is my lithium pipe bud