Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I was referring specifically to Biden but sure.
    I'm not so sure a two year timeline for the president is off base. He doesn't look to good at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    I'm not so sure a two year timeline for the president is off base. He doesn't look to good at times.
    Regardless, except for death or incapacitated illness, he gets four.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Has anyone here done any research into the vaccines. I mean weíre each pretty quick to say whether weíre taking it or not but no1, myself included, is backing it up with any scientific facts. Iím going to do some looking. I invite all of you to do the same

The vaccines are remarkably effective at both reducing overall burden of illness and, it seems, transmission.

For those who have vaccine hesitancy, there is data emerging from the newer variants that only about 50% of people previously infected have immunity. It seems to correlate with how severe the infection experience was. The less severe the experience the less likely you have immunity to the South African and Brazilian variants.

Vaccinations offer far more robust immunity than natural infection in this disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

I understand people want to know what's going into their bodies, but there is 0 chance you are ever going to be as knowledgable about the vaccine as the people telling you to get it or the people creating it.

It's just hypocrisy. These people want to know the science behind it, but then barely scratch the surface before they call themselves experts. There are lifetimes of research behind these vaccine, and ALL vaccines.

All because people think their ignorant, uneducated opinions are more important than a skilled researcher or doctor.

Of course it's a person's choice to get vaccinated or not, but if someone gets mad when they can't travel to another country or even fly on a plane without the shot and doesn't understand why, that's when they become a problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I was fortunate to receive the first moderna dose. Just an achy arm for a day like a flu shot. No other side effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some dude died after getting the covid vaccine

https://nypost.com/2021/01/23/califo...ompting-probe/

Also Hank Aaron died 2.5 weeks after taking the vaccine. Could be a coincidence, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Some dude died after getting the covid vaccine

https://nypost.com/2021/01/23/califo...ompting-probe/

Also Hank Aaron died 2.5 weeks after taking the vaccine. Could be a coincidence, but maybe not.
    Anecdotal stuff.

People die after getting the flu vaccine. It happens.

https://www.koreabiomed.com/news/art...tml?idxno=9562

Aaron was 86 years old. One could wish he lived another 20 years but there were reports he had deteriorating health from heart disease.

Vaccination or no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Anecdotal stuff.

People die after getting the flu vaccine. It happens.

https://www.koreabiomed.com/news/art...tml?idxno=9562

Aaron was 86 years old. One could wish he lived another 20 years but there were reports he had deteriorating health from heart disease.
    Seems counter-intuitive to take something hoping to protect yourself, but end up dying from it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Seems counter-intuitive to take something hoping to protect yourself, but end up dying from it.
    It is but the flu and more so coronavirus can kill you too. Most of the time those reported deaths happen in people who are older or have co-morbidities. Allergic reactions can be life threatening as well. Its not ideal but its a percentage game you can choose to play or not. You're really young. If you got COVID, you would most likely get a couple of symptoms and get over it. That's completely up to you. Unfortunately, no one knows how COVID will affect them. It can be anywhere from a-symptomatic to life threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    I understand people want to know what's going into their bodies, but there is 0 chance you are ever going to be as knowledgable about the vaccine as the people telling you to get it or the people creating it.

It's just hypocrisy. These people want to know the science behind it, but then barely scratch the surface before they call themselves experts. There are lifetimes of research behind these vaccine, and ALL vaccines.

All because people think their ignorant, uneducated opinions are more important than a skilled researcher or doctor.

Of course it's a person's choice to get vaccinated or not, but if someone gets mad when they can't travel to another country or even fly on a plane without the shot and doesn't understand why, that's when they become a problem.

It would be as if a person wouldnít want to fly in an plane because he doesnít understand the science of aerodynamics or know how to pilot an aircraft.

Silly, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post

Ok, first let me start off by saying Iím getting my 2ND dose of the moderna vaccine this Wednesday. 2nd, Iím not sure itís about having or not having knowledge about the vaccine. I think it has a lot to do about trusting the information being given and trusting the ppl giving the information.

I donít know how old you are but have you ever heard of the Tuskegee experiment? If not, look it up. Itís really horrible and creates distrust.

So, what Iím saying is you just donít you why someone do not want the vaccine. All we can do, as the caring ppl we should be, is learn and pass on information in an effort to help each other.

It is but the flu and more so coronavirus can kill you too. Most of the time those reported deaths happen in people who are older or have co-morbidities. Allergic reactions can be life threatening as well. Its not ideal but its a percentage game you can choose to play or not. You're really young. If you got COVID, you would most likely get a couple of symptoms and get over it. That's completely up to you. Unfortunately, no one knows how COVID will affect them. It can be anywhere from a-symptomatic to life threatening.

At this point what scares me the most, and itís because I wear a mask and do what I can to reduce the viral load that Iím not worried about dying, is the long lasting effects of covid. My friend from work got covid in June and still canít walk to take the garbage cans to the curb without having to stop and take a breath.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    At this point what scares me the most, and itís because I wear a mask and do what I can to reduce the viral load that Iím not worried about dying, is the long lasting effects of covid. My friend from work got covid in June and still canít walk to take the garbage cans to the curb without having to stop and take a breath.
    I worry about passing the virus to others (if I got it). I'm relatively young. It could show up a-symptomatically and I could spread it to others unknowingly. That's my thing. Like I said my mom works at a hospital and I have a couple of friends who are nurses. No one they work with has had any significant adverse affects from the vaccine.

Some pain in their arm, headaches, the chills for a night, that's about the extent of it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-24-2021 at 10:06 PM.

I worry about passing the virus to others (if I got it). I'm relatively young. It could show up a-symptomatically and I could spread it to others unknowingly. That's my thing. Like I said my mom works at a hospital and I have a couple of friends who are nurses. No one they work with has had any significant adverse affects from the vaccine.

Some pain in their arm, headaches, the chills for a night, that's about the extent of it.

I think ppl are worried about long term affects

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast