Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    100% get the vaccine. I got my first moderna dose...virtually painless..just some aches for a few hours,, no sweat compared to covid.

I'm a scientist, this MRNA vaccine is a simple and ingenious process to protect you and everyone else. People who are anti vaxx are horribly misinformed and it needs to stop. Let me ask you this...would you rather be in a simulated car crash or a real one?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
    100% get the vaccine. I got my first moderna dose...virtually painless..just some aches for a few hours,, no sweat compared to covid.

I'm a scientist, this MRNA vaccine is a simple and ingenious process to protect you and everyone else. People who are anti vaxx are horribly misinformed and it needs to stop. Let me ask you this...would you rather be in a simulated car crash or a real one?
    Fortunately, it seems you're preaching to the choir here. I can't even wrap my mind around the thought process behind an anti-vaxxer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Fortunately, it seems you're preaching to the choir here. I can't even wrap my mind around the thought process behind an anti-vaxxer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I dont think its all anti vaxxers. My mom works in a pretty prominent hospital on Long Island and they polled all the personnel there if they want to take the vaccine (for inventory and documentation purposes). 30% of the nurses and doctors said no. She's said she heard similar in another hospital she used to work for. I think there is some fear what the long term effects are and those who chose not to vaccinate want to see what other people's physical reactions are to it.

The good thing is an overwhelming majority of people will get it. You can't get an appointment in NY for it at the moment. I was lucky because my mom pulled some strings but I'm still not getting it till March 20th. I heard Cuomo is trying to privately buy vaccines from Pfizer though.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-19-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I dont think its all anti vaxxers. My mom works in a pretty prominent hospital on Long Island and they polled all the personnel there if they want to take the vaccine (for inventory and documentation purposes). 30% of the nurses and doctors said no. She's said she heard similar in another hospital she used to work for. I think there is some fear what the long term effects are and those who chose not to vaccinate want to see what other people's physical reactions are to it.

The good thing is an overwhelming majority of people will get it. You can't get an appointment in NY for it at the moment. I was lucky because my mom pulled some strings but I'm still not getting it till March 20th. I heard Cuomo is trying to privately buy vaccines from Pfizer though.
    Its good to see ppl have some sense here...the vaccine is pretty simple and absolutely causes no long term side effects. it goes in your body, does its job and self destructs essentially. this particular vaccine has only been around for a little while but they've been researching MRNA vaccines for years. no one should be concerned with any long term effects.

I just wish they could get the vaccines out faster so we can go to some games this year....

To me, itís a no brainer. Yes, I will get vaccinated as soon as I can. But I will also resume wearing masks and keeping my distance.

A coworker of mine told me the moderna vaccine has been around for years. Apparently it was being tried on another virus but didnít work. But the side effects are all well know and none seem overly dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    A coworker of mine told me the moderna vaccine has been around for years. Apparently it was being tried on another virus but didnít work. But the side effects are all well know and none seem overly dangerous
    yes the framework was tried on the SARS virus which is a cousin of COVID, and the same framework was used and modified for this virus and seems to work well. it goes in and tells cells in your body go make the spike protein from the COVID virus and then your body attacks it and rids your body of it. and thats it. now your body can fight COVID. any aches and chills are a good sign your immune system is reacting to the intrusion. mine lasted for like 3 hours. far preferable to a hospital stay.

I want to start this off by saying my opinion has nothing to do with any pre-conceived political nonsense. The fact that a virus was used by both sides shows you just how jacked up both parties are at this point.

1. I have had Covid. As a matter of fact my entire family has had it living hours apart. That's 7 people, and three households and NO we did not get it from each other (Other than those living together)We even stayed away during the holidays.
    2. It was no different than any other FLU I have had in my lifetime, and I'm glad its over.
    3. I am a vaccine friendly person. (I already had gotten my FLU and Pneumonia shots in December.)

No I am am NOT getting this vaccine yet. The fact that this was so rushed worries me more than the actual disease. I am in a wait and see mode. I wear my mask everywhere I go and respect others opinions on this matter, but you are not injecting me with anything that's not a proven commodity. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I am now scheduled to get my first shot on Thursday morning and second shot exactly four weeks later on 2/18.

I will get the shots in NJ by my doctorís medical group.
    I will he getting the Moderna vaccine on Thursday. The Moderna shots are 4 weeks apart while the Pfizer shots are 3 weeks apart.

Supposedly, the vaccine takes about 2 weeks to be fully effective, which will be early March for me.

Both vaccines cause a side effect of 2 or 3 days of flu-like symptoms after the 2nd shots.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 01-20-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I got the Moderna first shot this morning in NJ. No side effects other than a slightly sore arm.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 01-21-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    I want to start this off by saying my opinion has nothing to do with any pre-conceived political nonsense. The fact that a virus was used by both sides shows you just how jacked up both parties are at this point.

1. I have had Covid. As a matter of fact my entire family has had it living hours apart. That's 7 people, and three households and NO we did not get it from each other (Other than those living together)We even stayed away during the holidays.
    2. It was no different than any other FLU I have had in my lifetime, and I'm glad its over.
    3. I am a vaccine friendly person. (I already had gotten my FLU and Pneumonia shots in December.)

No I am am NOT getting this vaccine yet. The fact that this was so rushed worries me more than the actual disease. I am in a wait and see mode. I wear my mask everywhere I go and respect others opinions on this matter, but you are not injecting me with anything that's not a proven commodity. Sorry
    I respect this.

You're wearing a mask. That's good.

Everything in your post suggest you're a very thoughtful person other than your suggestion that Covid is analgous to the seasonal flu. But then again, all you were doing was relating your personal experience. You did't infer or intend that everyone's experience would or should be similar.

The Covid pandemic gave Democrats a chance to demonstrate that the Trump administration was incapable of handing a crisis. So they jumped all over it. Had the tables been reversed, of course the Republicans would have done the same. It's a burden the incumbent always bears when running for reelection. If you look back at Trump's press briefings during the pandemic in the Spring, they tended to look more like campaign rallies than actual information briefings. Clearly, he was aware of the burden.

In four years, the Biden administration will have to answer for whatever crap he may have mishandled. It's the way it works.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Make that 2 years for the mid-term elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Make that 2 years for the mid-term elections.
    I was referring specifically to Biden but sure.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast