Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 309
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    106,503
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Hay sick, how/can we create a stock/adulting thread but within the Mets forum. I know we like talking Mets but I also like talking about other things. The thing with that is I only want to talk to my Mets family about stuff. Iíve known you guys for a long time. Been here since Ď05. And am comfortable talking here.
    I made one.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,118
    Thanks sick!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I would assume people like Stuna, Harry and I are all like #6 million on the list for NYC. I wanted to wait to see if the vaccine actually worked but luckily for me, Iím able to do that by watching everyone else get it.

    Iíll probably end up getting vaccinated around this time next year...just my estimate based off of how things are going now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This...lol

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,899
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    This...lol

    To me, thatís a very selfish approach. Also, how long is long enough to wait? The real side effects arenít going to be known for yrs. Is your plan to wait for yrs? From what Iíve seen the ppl that had covid are having the worst of the short term side effects. I didnít have Covid and only had a sore shoulder for less than a day.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,292
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    To me, thatís a very selfish approach. Also, how long is long enough to wait? The real side effects arenít going to be known for yrs. Is your plan to wait for yrs? From what Iíve seen the ppl that had covid are having the worst of the short term side effects. I didnít have Covid and only had a sore shoulder for less than a day.
    Yeah it is, but I donít usually get vaccines. The point is moot since I wonít be able to get it until next year.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,899
    I donít know man. Thereís more companies coming out with them. Hell, Johnson and Johnson has a single shot vaccine coming

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,817
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I donít know man. Thereís more companies coming out with them. Hell, Johnson and Johnson has a single shot vaccine coming
    Yeah that will be the vaccine you will next flu season in all likelihood. By that time it will be approved by the FDA (if deemed effective) and that will be the more accessible one due to it being one shot and the fact that it doesn't need to be refrigerated.

    Whatever the case is, I have an appointment for March 20th. Wish it was sooner.

    The sooner people get vaccinated, the sooner we can go back to have some real normality again.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,504
    Bought some Bitcoins back at 7k. Gonna sit on it and see. I keep it completely separate from my portfolio.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,899
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Bought some Bitcoins back at 7k. Gonna sit on it and see. I keep it completely separate from my portfolio.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Sick started a money thread for us. And I just canít mess with crypto. It fluctuates too much

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,899
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah that will be the vaccine you will next flu season in all likelihood. By that time it will be approved by the FDA (if deemed effective) and that will be the more accessible one due to it being one shot and the fact that it doesn't need to be refrigerated.

    Whatever the case is, I have an appointment for March 20th. Wish it was sooner.

    The sooner people get vaccinated, the sooner we can go back to have some real normality again.

    Ocugen is vaccinating India with covaxin as of yesterday

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    51,899
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Ocugen is vaccinating India with covaxin as of yesterday
    I heard Devlin McGregor is making one called Provasic. Iíd be interested in how effective it is in their clinical trials.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I heard Devlin McGregor is making one called Provasic. Iíd be interested in how effective it is in their clinical trials.
    A one armed once told me it doesnít cause liver failure.

    Why would he randomly say that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,447
    I never get the flu so I never get the shot. But I will with this because I play a lot of golf and donít wanna quarantine

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    hunterdon County NJ
    Posts
    56
    Lucked out and got the first round of Moderna last Thursday in NJ - kept checking one of the sites in my county and at the end of the day some appointments came available due to no shows and I scored one 35 minutes out and was able to get it. Honestly, we have been super cautious, no dining out, no people over the house, mask up whenever we go for walks with the dog, minimal trips into an actual store so I jumped at the opportunity to get one to get out of this mode asap.
    As for the Bitcoin discussion, I really thought about going in a few years ago at 7K(was thinking of buying 3) but did the research and it is honestly just an organized pyramid scheme backed by nothing tangible. I was willing to to put some money in but the wife said no way as we are nearing retirement (next couple of years). Crazy when I looked and saw it hit $40K but sooner or later people are going to get hurt bad financially by it. If you are in, be smart and take your original investment amount off the table with the recent gains and play with house money.
    Last edited by giantsmets; 01-18-2021 at 07:06 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    585
    I am now scheduled to get my first shot on Thursday morning and second shot exactly four weeks later on 2/18.

    I will get the shots in NJ by my doctorís medical group.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •