Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    The gym is one of the worst places to lower your mask. A bunch of people sweating and breathing heavy indoors is just begging to get covid. Thatís part of the reason why I got the shot as NYC looks to reopen fully. Iíd rather do everything I can to not get covid at all, then get covid and recover. And you can keep getting it.
    I appreciate your post YS!

I have been in so many crowded areas, but 40% do and the rest of us feel free and are not wearing masks. The media would like you to believe it, otherwise you will die immediately or sooner. The only stores that enforce, and I oblige is a few supermarkets. Restaurants, only employees wearing them. Yes, I have been to restaurants where people, when wearing them in between bites of food and sips of drink. I go to department stores, masks are optional, except for employees.

At my gym, they enforce taking temperature as you enter, thereafter, masks are optional. Please keep in mind Tucson also has wide open spaces. With that said, periodically I'll see a person bicycling with a mask on in 95+ degree heat and there isn't anyone nearby. Now, does that make sense?

Yes, we have deaths in Arizona, but most have come from the elderly or neglect in nursing homes. The biggest comes from the AZ/Mexican border. They are being allowed in without being checked for covid nor any other disease that's the primary source of disease coming in, and I live a little over 60 minutes from the border.

Two weeks ago my GF and I went with some of her immediate family and some of their friends. We were asked to put on masks since one the friends recently died from the disease. We did it out of courtesy and respect for his friend's loss. About 15-20 minutes the heat was a bit overwhelming and we all tokk our masks off.

If you want to wear one, do so, if it makes you feel better. But, I'll tell ya, people working in the hot desert sun because they have to. G-d bless 'em!
    The Eternal One

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Dumb **** post right here.
    Joe, you're better than that. I forgive you!
    The Eternal One

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Joe, you're better than that. I forgive you!
    Not asking for forgiveness, dude. Stay in your hole and don't come out until I tell you to.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Not asking for forgiveness, dude. Stay in your hole and don't come out until I tell you to.
    Putz yerny!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The Eternal One

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    CDC is saying if youíre vaccinated you donít have to wear a mask anymore. This is crazy to me. W.H.O. Just said that bothers Pfizer and moderna vaccines show little coverage against the double mutated Indian variant. Iíll trust WHO, thank you. Imo, CDC can be bought by big pharma
    Yeah, I saw that.

I will still wear my mask in just about all indoor places, but when I am walking outside itís off.

Vaccination or no thanks

Iím not surprised by people being surprised by the CDC mask guidance. But the CDC is right on the money here.

It has been abundantly clear for a while now that vaccines are the big difference between serious illness and death, and either no infection or a very very mild one.

For example, the Cleveland Clinic recently published a study that looked at over 4000 COVID hospitalizations between 1/1/21 and 4/13/21. The study found that of all the hospitalized patients 99.75% had not been fully vaccinated. 96% had not even received a single dose of vaccine. So severe COVID is now largely a risk for the unvaccinated and almost no one else.

Those numbers are astounding, and consistent with reports from around the world.

The goals of vaccines are to limit your risk of morbidly and mortality. Theyíre not designed to stop all infection.

It is abundantly clear that with about 99.75% confidence, the true risks of COVID (severe illness, death) are now confined almost exclusively to those who are not vaccinated.

The proper conclusions to make from these data sets are 1) you should get vaccinated, and 2) if youíre vaccinated youíre basically safe from the dangerous aspects of the infection and a mask isnít adding much to that protection.

My mask is coming off as soon as Virginia follows CDC guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Our older son got the J&J shot today. At this point, our whole family has gotten a vaccine and we all had COVID-19 earlier this year. So I hope we are all immune.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Iím not surprised by people being surprised by the CDC mask guidance. But the CDC is right on the money here.

It has been abundantly clear for a while now that vaccines are the big difference between serious illness and death, and either no infection or a very very mild one.

For example, the Cleveland Clinic recently published a study that looked at over 4000 COVID hospitalizations between 1/1/21 and 4/13/21. The study found that of all the hospitalized patients 99.75% had not been fully vaccinated. 96% had not even received a single dose of vaccine. So severe COVID is now largely a risk for the unvaccinated and almost no one else.

Those numbers are astounding, and consistent with reports from around the world.

The goals of vaccines are to limit your risk of morbidly and mortality. Theyíre not designed to stop all infection.

It is abundantly clear that with about 99.75% confidence, the true risks of COVID (severe illness, death) are now confined almost exclusively to those who are not vaccinated.

The proper conclusions to make from these data sets are 1) you should get vaccinated, and 2) if youíre vaccinated youíre basically safe from the dangerous aspects of the infection and a mask isnít adding much to that protection.

My mask is coming off as soon as Virginia follows CDC guidance.

I appreciate and respect your viewpoint.

Since I'm sitting right now for a doctor apppiointment, I'm sitting here w/o a mask.

So, are some of the employees workimg at the front desk, mask below the nose.

The Eternal One

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Vaccination or no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I appreciate and respect your viewpoint.

Since I'm sitting right now for a doctor apppiointment, I'm sitting here w/o a mask.

So, are some of the employees workimg at the front desk, mask below the nose.

Itís not just a viewpoint. Itís just hard data.

The CDC guidance rightfully states you need a mask to go to hospitals, doctors offices, nursing homes and mass transit. These are sound guidances for the protection of vulnerable, higher risk people in those settings.

Donít know how your doctor feels about you not wearing a mask in his/her office. I can tell you in my office and the office of everyone I know we would have asked you to put a mask on or weíd gently ask you to leave.

The CDC guidance rightfully states you need a mask to go to hospitals, doctors offices, nursing homes and mass transit. These are sound guidances for the protection of vulnerable, higher risk people in those settings.

Donít know how your doctor feels about you not wearing a mask in his/her office. I can tell you in my office and the office of everyone I know we would have asked you to put a mask on or weíd gently ask you to leave.

Not to dig at Paulie specifically but itís in those instances where a person would look for a doctor who didnít give a **** about masks or whatever, and then I would just question the kind of care theyíre receiving.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

The doctor told me he had been vaccinated twice. I was not required to for me to wear one. Front desk, it was 50/50 .
    The Eternal One

Mets Dieharder Since '63

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Our older son got the J&J shot today. At this point, our whole family has gotten a vaccine and we all had COVID-19 earlier this year. So I hope we are all immune.
    Wonít be immune, but if you do get it, odds are very good that you will only have light symptoms or be asymptotic.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    There will always be people who, for one reason or another, cannot get the vaccination. Meanwhile, as more people keep getting vaccinated the less people there are to host the virus. The idea is to stop giving the virus a place to live. When it can no longer find any bodies to live in and others to spread to, thatís when weíll achieve herd immunity. But that will never happen as long as healthy people like you keep providing a home for the virus.

Make sense?
    Haven't they been saying all along that you can still contract the virus and spread it even if you are vaccinated and it will just limit your symptoms? So... Aren't vaccinated people still a "host" for the virus if they can still technically get it?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Haven't they been saying all along that you can still contract the virus and spread it even if you are vaccinated and it will just limit your symptoms? So... Aren't vaccinated people still a "host" for the virus if they can still technically get it?
    They've been saying all along that they don't *know* how well it will prevent transmission, but what I've been reading recently is that it's definitely helping to prevent asymptomatic transmission, which is what makes COVID so effective to begin with. So if you're vaccinated and you get it, you'll know it and take the precautions against spreading it.

Joe is correct. There wasnít enough data early on to prove definitively that the vaccines prevented transmission. Now there is actually.

Itís rare (<0.05% in a recent publication) that a vaccinated person would get or transmit any covid. Itís even much more rare that they would cause another person to get symptomatic covid - due to much lower viral load in vaccinated persons. And far far far more rare that a vaccinated person could induce severe covid in someone else (not sure this had even happened yet).

Bottom line is that the vaccines save lives. The more people that get it, the more overall lives we will save.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast