Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

I would be interested in seeing what the all time record is for point scored on or before your 20 th birthday in the NBA. Is there a way to look that up?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I actually was thrilled with the RJ pick at the time, but was very disappointed with his rookie season and I definitely questioned the pick often (as many of you know lol). Actual player development is something I havenít witnessed much at all being a Knicks fan my whole life. If we ignore last year, what RJ is doing right now isnít surprising to me. But the Year 1 to Year 2 improvement is what is remarkable.
    RJ Barrett is fortunate that the Knicks Front Office put together a masterful coaching staff. During RJ Barrett's rookie season, RJ was quoted as looking to invest his own money into a shooting coach. Thankfully Kenny Payne and the coaching staff were hired to give these young players some personal attention. When you look at RJ Barrett's sophomore season the results are self-explanatory.

I'm wondering why we haven't seen similar growth from Kevin Knox who has the Kentucky pedigree, which entitles him to be get the executive bathroom key.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    RJ Barrett is fortunate that the Knicks Front Office put together a masterful coaching staff. During RJ Barrett's rookie season, RJ was quoted as looking to invest his own money into a shooting coach. Thankfully Kenny Payne and the coaching staff were hired to give these young players some personal attention. When you look at RJ Barrett's sophomore season the results are self-explanatory.

I'm wondering why we haven't seen similar growth from Kevin Knox who has the Kentucky pedigree, which entitles him to be get the executive bathroom key.
    RJ did hire a shooting coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    RJ did hire a shooting coach.
    He had to.

Barrett is taking on more play-making responsibilities minus Burks. In two games it is a bit of a mixed bag. He was great with the second unit in game one but the second unit looked a little lost, particularly in the first half yesterday, and he had a lot of TOs. It will be interesting to see how the second unit fairs with Barrett playing ALPHA. I think the baseline will be higher but I also think the pace will suffer and we won't have many big second unit runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

To think RJ will make the playoffs before Zion or Ja even do, just goes to show you the kind of set up RJ has with the Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    He had to.
    Was it the same shot doctor that gave Bojangles Smith Jr a prescription?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    To think RJ will make the playoffs before Zion or Ja even do, just goes to show you the kind of set up RJ has with the Knicks
    RJ has been underrated from the beginning. People didn't really watch him in college. The most important thing is how seamlessly he transitioned from being #2 to being #1 after Zion's hiatus to back to #2 without his play or production suffering.

Those are intangible things that can't be quantified.

As I keep saying, RJ will be good for us for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    RJ has been underrated from the beginning. People didn't really watch him in college. The most important thing is how seamlessly he transitioned from being #2 to being #1 after Zion's hiatus to back to #2 without his play or production suffering.

Those are intangible things that can't be quantified.

As I keep saying, RJ will be good for us for a long time.

Yeah he will but that is only if he ends up turning into an All NBA superstar caliber All Star. If he can manage to do that in his time here in New York, then will he want to stay in New York? This is the million dollar question. He is going to attract or command more money in the future and by then if he turns out to be worth it, he is going to want more help. I mean superstars play with other superstars and that is just the reality. RJ we have to remember now is still on his rookie deal. But then so are other players like Ja, Zion, etc.

Zion with his comments the other day...could you imagine a Duke reunion with Zion going to the Knicks to team up with RJ Barrett? Or Zion let's stay stays in New Orleans but gets Barrett to leave New York to team up with him in New Orleans because that too could happen.

20 years old. #2 option on a top 5 team in the conference.

Shoulda traded down for Cam Reddish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    20 years old. #2 option on a top 5 team in the conference.

Shoulda traded down for Cam Reddish.
    Rose is #2 option. RJ makes some weird shots but he disappears a lot compared to that Rose shows up every game so I see him as #2 option.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

This is why I hate Fizdale's so called coaching. THIS is the stuff we don't hear, the damage that's done behind the scenes. We can only guess what happened to Frank and Knox. The article is worth a read. (Apologies if this was already posted).

They werenít starting from scratch. In the build-up to the 2019 draft Barrett and Hanlen had tweaked his shooting form, including making the unconventional decision to move Barrettís shooting elbow slightly to the left (heís left-handed) of his shoulder. Traditionally the goal is to have the shoulder, elbow and hand all in one line but Hanlen Ė who studied left-handed pitchers and quarterbacks for inspiration Ė thought that moving Barretís elbow out would give him greater range of motion and make it easier to get his hand squarely under the ball.

The early returns were positive and Barrett was making progress but when he arrived at training camp the Knicks coaching staff then in place pushed back and demanded their prize rookie bring his elbow closer to his body again. The season turned into a struggle. The Knicks flailed to a 4-18 start, fired head coach David Fizdale and eventually cleaned out their management ranks too.

Barrett was caught in the crossfire.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...iest-shooters/

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hard to believe he's shooting 45/40/75 on the year now. His mid range game needs work, but it's also improved across the board. including 41% from 16-22 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Hard to believe he's shooting 45/40/75 on the year now. His mid range game needs work, but it's also improved across the board. including 41% from 16-22 feet.
    Itís really insane how well heís shot the 3 this year.

Place he needs to improve the most is from 3-10ft. 31% is not going to cut it, and 22% of his FG attempts come from that range.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Itís really insane how well heís shot the 3 this year.

Place he needs to improve the most is from 3-10ft. 31% is not going to cut it, and 22% of his FG attempts come from that range.
    He needs to make a jump next year in shooting off the dribble and finishing at the rim. If he can do that while keeping up close to what heís doing from 3 now, skyís the limit.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast