Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

At this point, everything has to be on the table. Certain players work better when surrounded by players with certain skillsets. Randle needs the ball in his hands, as does Payton (who I never wanted us to sign) and so does RJ. All three of them have inconsistent jumpshots and get most of their points by driving to the basket.

Solution? Break up the starting 5. Once weíre fully healthy, Iíd roll with this:

PG Immanuel Quickley - Austin Rivers
    SG Alec Burks - Reggie Bullock
    SF RJ Barrett - Kevin Knox
    PF Julius Randle - Obi Toppin
    C Mitchell Robinson - Nerlens Noel

That to me, works better. Completely remove Payton from the rotation, and donít even think about giving playing time to DSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    At this point, everything has to be on the table. Certain players work better when surrounded by players with certain skillsets. Randle needs the ball in his hands, as does Payton (who I never wanted us to sign) and so does RJ. All three of them have inconsistent jumpshots and get most of their points by driving to the basket.

Solution? Break up the starting 5. Once weíre fully healthy, Iíd roll with this:

PG Immanuel Quickley - Austin Rivers
    SG Alec Burks - Reggie Bullock
    SF RJ Barrett - Kevin Knox
    PF Julius Randle - Obi Toppin
    C Mitchell Robinson - Nerlens Noel

That to me, works better. Completely remove Payton from the rotation, and donít even think about giving playing time to DSJ.
    Do you really think RJ and Randle can work long-term? I do not. I see no chemistry with them. I like that you put our two best shooters but I still think Randle or RJ has to go.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Do you really think RJ and Randle can work long-term? I do not. I see no chemistry with them. I like that you put our two best shooters but I still think Randle or RJ has to go.
    I donít think they can work long-term, I was more referring as to finishing this season with that roster then those would be my specific rotations.

Iíve openly been against 90% of the roster decisions the FO made this offseason, starting with the Obi pick which I did not like at all.

Personally, I donít see star potential in RJ even though he is only 20 years old. He has a high-floor but I donít believe he ends up reaching his ceiling because of the inconsistent shooting.

I also donít think Randleís play is sustainable at all and it is not conducive to wins. Randle would be a hell of a 6th man because what he does would really play off the bench on a winning team. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective and I donít think you can be a contending team with Randle as your primary creator.

Itís ridiculous to think that weíve had a good amount of lotto picks recently and have had max cap space for multiple years and sadly we have nothing to show for it. The fact that we brought back Payton this offseason really removed some of the shine the new FO was getting at-least in my eyes.
    Last edited by AI; 01-17-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I like to see your first lineup as well but the second is destined to fail and your setting up a 20 yr old to fail as well. You don't Zion surrounded by that mess in the second unit. You actually gave RJ nothing, I mean nothing of value and not one true shooter?

TakeY is right at some point the Knicks need to play guys to figure out who is the future, you have to build somewhere. Most teams at the very least have some sort of identity, can anyone tell us what our's is for the future?

If Knicks are determined and resign Randle then I'm not sure what value RJ will have tbh. Unless RJ develops a clean jump shot if you include Mitch how can that really survive in this shooters league?

Look around the NBA, the second thought players on most courts are deadly shooters, the Net's put a team on the floor where a guy like Green and Harris would be our best shooters and they are not even secondary players.
    Well first off, RJ isnít Zion.

If we donít play Frank, Rivers and Bullock are still solid shooters. Obi projects to be a decent shooter and isnít ball-dominant at this stage of his development like Randle is. I donít see why we wouldnít see the best of RJ with this construction.

Heíd also be able to feast on backup players.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Well first off, RJ isnít Zion.

If we donít play Frank, Rivers and Bullock are still solid shooters. Obi projects to be a decent shooter and isnít ball-dominant at this stage of his development like Randle is. I donít see why we wouldnít see the best of RJ with this construction.

Heíd also be able to feast on backup players.
    So I'm assuming (by you putting RJ on the bench) that if you had to pick you would rather keep Randle long-term over RJ?

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I like to see your first lineup as well but the second is destined to fail and your setting up a 20 yr old to fail as well. You don't Zion surrounded by that mess in the second unit. You actually gave RJ nothing, I mean nothing of value and not one true shooter?

TakeY is right at some point the Knicks need to play guys to figure out who is the future, you have to build somewhere. Most teams at the very least have some sort of identity, can anyone tell us what our's is for the future?

If Knicks are determined and resign Randle then I'm not sure what value RJ will have tbh. Unless RJ develops a clean jump shot if you include Mitch how can that really survive in this shooters league?

Look around the NBA, the second thought players on most courts are deadly shooters, the Net's put a team on the floor where a guy like Green and Harris would be our best shooters and they are not even secondary players.
    It think Adams has actually made things harder for Zion this year. It really makes you think how prefect the Zion/KP combo would have been. KP would keep 5s at the 3 point line while Zion reeked havoc in the lane and defended the rim while Zion acted as your physical presence and KPís body guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It think Adams has actually made things harder for Zion this year. It really makes you think how prefect the Zion/KP combo would have been. KP would keep 5s at the 3 point line while Zion reeked havoc in the lane and defended the rim while Zion acted as your physical presence and KPís body guard

Off-Topic. Reported to mods. Pls ban user.

Kristaps Porzingis

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So I'm assuming (by you putting RJ on the bench) that if you had to pick you would rather keep Randle long-term over RJ?
    Itís really about probabilities. What is the likelihood that RJ ever does what Randle is doing right now?

I understand that RJ is 20, but Randle just turned 26. With Randleís work ethic, thereís no reason to believe he canít be a great piece for us long term. I would package RJ and Obi for another young star like Beal. Mitch, Randle, Beal, and Quickley could be a nice core to build around. At least we would be an option for someone like Kawhi coming here.

Mitch
    Randle
    Kahwi
    Beal
    Quickley

Lmaooo

Itís really about probabilities. What is the likelihood that RJ ever does what Randle is doing right now?

I understand that RJ is 20, but Randle just turned 26. With Randleís work ethic, thereís no reason to believe he canít be a great piece for us long term. I would package RJ and Obi for another young star like Beal. Mitch, Randle, Beal, and Quickley could be a nice core to build around. At least we would be an option for someone like Kawhi coming here.

Mitch
    Randle
    Kahwi
    Beal
    Quickley
    Ugh well sure of course I like that lineup. No fair using Beal and Kawhi Leonard to prove that Randle is better long-term option than Barrett!

Lmaooo
    Now he knows I was bluffing! Damnit YS!

Kristaps Porzingis

RJ Barrett

Ugh well sure of course I like that lineup. No fair using Beal and Kawhi Leonard to prove that Randle is better long-term option than Barrett!

Now he knows I was bluffing! Damnit YS!
    RJ beasting today though

If we just could make one player out of frank, dsj and RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    If we just could make one player out of frank, dsj and RJ.
    Years ago, the Knicks pre Ewing had three centers on their roster, Ronny Cavanaugh, Eddie Lee Wilkins, and Ken Bannister. The reporter of the Daily News or NY Post, donít recall which, wrote in an article that if the Knicks could combine the strengths of each into one Center they could have one great center ď Ronny Lee Bannister. Well if we could only combine the size
    and defensive of Frank, with the driving athleticism of DJ and driving skill of Payton We could have Frank Payton Jr. it just doesnít work like that.

Mitch
    Randle
    Kahwi
    Beal
    Quickley
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Years ago, the Knicks pre Ewing had three centers on their roster, Ronny Cavanaugh, Eddie Lee Wilkins, and Ken Bannister. The reporter of the Daily News or NY Post, donít recall which, wrote in an article that if the Knicks could combine the strengths of each into one Center they could have one great center ď Ronny Lee Bannister. Well if we could only combine the size
    and defensive of Frank, with the driving athleticism of DJ and driving skill of Payton We could have Frank Payton Jr. it just doesnít work like that.
    You had to combine the best skills of 3 players named Frank Payton Jr. and he still can't shoot for ****.

Kristaps Porzingis

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast