Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Bullock technically plays SF, RJ is our SG. not that it really matters, anyway he's finishing very well at the rim, maybe not at a Khawi level but few do.
    why does that matter, does it help prove some kind of point? When you have to say technically well then it really is irrelevant.

We all watch the games you don't need to throw hand picked stats at us, he needs to improve at finishing, if you don't agree then fine, but most of the Knick world see's he needs to get better in that area.

and since when is under 33% most of his shots lol? the short jumpers basically don't exist, he's pretty even where he shoots from, actually more than most players you look at.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    why does that matter, does it help prove some kind of point? When you have to say technically well then it really is irrelevant.

We all watch the games you don't need to throw hand picked stats at us, he needs to improve at finishing, if you don't agree then fine, but most of the Knick world see's he needs to get better in that area.

and since when is under 33% most of his shots lol? the short jumpers basically don't exist, he's pretty even where he shoots from, actually more than most players you look at.
    i should have said it's the spot where he shoots the most from.

IDK why RJ gets so much flack on here honestly, he's arguably the best young player we've had probably in my lifetime, with KP being the only other argument.

all RJ does is keep improving and proving haters wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i should have said it's the spot where he shoots the most from.

IDK why RJ gets so much flack on here honestly, he's arguably the best young player we've had probably in my lifetime, with KP being the only other argument.

all RJ does is keep improving and proving haters wrong.
    I don't see haters and I agree with you, but the plain fact is he need to improve at the rim no matter what the stats say, he takes some inopportune shots that have no chance against bigs and fades so he don't get the call.

He's 20 and is constantly improving, he is going to be a force in this league, maybe not a Kawhi, but how many are there of those? I'm not sure if he'll be elite on defense like PG13 but again he's 20 and I think he can be as meaningful to a team.

Hard to see haters though, I see one but that is about it. He makes 20 year old mistakes, problem is we are a 4th place team and he's our 2nd or 3rd option so he's in the spot light.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Is there a leaderboard? What is Freek, Zion, or Kyrie (he is a great little man finisher)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not that I know of (unless Im just being lazy)

But heres how Giannis, Zion, and Kyrie have fared from 0-3ft this season and their career vs. RJ:

Giannis: 83% (73% career) 45% of his FG attempts are at the rim
    Zion: 70% (69% career) 70% of his FG attempts are at that the rim
    Kyrie: 63% (61% career) 19% of his FG attempts are at the rim

RJ: 62% at the rim (59% career) 33% of his FG attempts are at the rim

But again, the issue is less at the rim and more in that 3-10ft range. When we compare those guys to RJ, the difference becomes huge.

Giannis: 39% (35% career) 19% of his attempts come from 3-10ft
    Zion: 42% (40% career) 26% of his attempts come from 3-10ft
    Kyrie: 54% (42% career) 20% of his attempts come from 3-10ft

RJ: 31% (30% career) 23% of his attempts come from 3-10ft

RJ is only close to Giannis here, but hes obviously nowhere close to being as good at the rim. This is why RJs development as a 3PT shooter has been so huge for this team. Without that shot, hed be a huge liability to the team like he was last year as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Not that I know of (unless Im just being lazy)

But heres how Giannis, Zion, and Kyrie have fared from 0-3ft this season and their career vs. RJ:

Giannis: 83% (73% career) 45% of his FG attempts are at the rim
    Zion: 70% (69% career) 70% of his FG attempts are at that the rim
    Kyrie: 63% (61% career) 19% of his FG attempts are at the rim

RJ: 62% at the rim (59% career) 33% of his FG attempts are at the rim

But again, the issue is less at the rim and more in that 3-10ft range. When we compare those guys to RJ, the difference becomes huge.

Giannis: 39% (35% career) 19% of his attempts come from 3-10ft
    Zion: 42% (40% career) 26% of his attempts come from 3-10ft
    Kyrie: 54% (42% career) 20% of his attempts come from 3-10ft

RJ: 31% (30% career) 23% of his attempts come from 3-10ft

RJ is only close to Giannis here, but hes obviously nowhere close to being as good at the rim. This is why RJs development as a 3PT shooter has been so huge for this team. Without that shot, hed be a huge liability to the team like he was last year as a rookie.
    lol bet you didn't read my post

I don't see haters and I agree with you, but the plain fact is he need to improve at the rim no matter what the stats say, he takes some inopportune shots that have no chance against bigs and fades so he don't get the call.

He's 20 and is constantly improving, he is going to be a force in this league, maybe not a Kawhi, but how many are there of those? I'm not sure if he'll be elite on defense like PG13 but again he's 20 and I think he can be as meaningful to a team.

Hard to see haters though, I see one but that is about it. He makes 20 year old mistakes, problem is we are a 4th place team and he's our 2nd or 3rd option so he's in the spot light.
    On the bolded your either blind or delusional take your pick.

There's definitely some not so objective shade being thrown towards RJB.

lol bet you didn't read my post
    I did actually, but I was creating my post before you made yours and I wasnt gonna delete my findings lol

RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I did actually, but I was creating my post before you made yours and I wasnt gonna delete my findings lol
    I enjoyed both your posts. Barrett is a hell of a player who is getting better and better. I think the stats are interesting bc they tell us where he can improve and give us hints of where his strengths are going to be when he figures it all out

Not long ago a lot of fans thought to be really good he was going to have to be a ball dominate play maker. Now he is a monster in catch and shoot and moving with out the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The good news is, based on that recent ESPN article, RJ and his trainer know exactly where he needs to get better next year: shooting off the dribble and finishing near the basket.

Can't believe he's over 40% of 3pt. What an evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    For me like how Paul George is right now for the Clippers, Barrett is exactly that for the Knicks in the sense that he is just a good complimentary piece/star but will never be a #1 option and that is okay
    Hes 20 and in his second year. Stfu
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Hes not perfect and a little out of control but hes a beast on both sides. He plays hard and seems to work really hard on his game. Next step is the mid range shot, the shot off the dribble. I have 0 doubt that he improves there next year. Hes going to keep getting better. People need to stop acting like hes a finished product or even close to a finished product for that matter. Hes 20 and has a great work ethic with this coaching staff that demands hard work he will just keep getting better. Watch how good hes gonna be next year book that
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Can't believe he's over 40% of 3pt. What an evolution
    Short season and barely any fans im not saying it's not real but ima wait and see if he continues this trend

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Hes not perfect and a little out of control but hes a beast on both sides. He plays hard and seems to work really hard on his game. Next step is the mid range shot, the shot off the dribble. I have 0 doubt that he improves there next year. Hes going to keep getting better. People need to stop acting like hes a finished product or even close to a finished product for that matter. Hes 20 and has a great work ethic with this coaching staff that demands hard work he will just keep getting better. Watch how good hes gonna be next year book that
    Yeah, it's kinda weird to make projections of what he can be when nobody thought he would shoot 40% from three after one offseason. Nobody.

0 reason to doubt that he can shore up other aspects of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I enjoyed both your posts. Barrett is a hell of a player who is getting better and better. I think the stats are interesting bc they tell us where he can improve and give us hints of where his strengths are going to be when he figures it all out

Not long ago a lot of fans thought to be really good he was going to have to be a ball dominate play maker. Now he is a monster in catch and shoot and moving with out the ball

Yeah if he could learn how to draw more contact and improve his touch in the restricted area, that would be huge for him and the team. But the fact that he doesnt need to create on the ball to make an impact is pretty amazing and extremely helpful to this playoff team.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast