Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    it's like all RJ does is keep improving, first his FT's now up to 74%, and now the 3 ball, now up to 38% despite a HORRIBLE start... yet people still doubt this kid IDK why.
    Agreed. I think its fair to question his upside just based on the eye test, but hes proven he belongs as an solid NBA starter at worst. That wasnt obvious after last season, hes improved so much so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Agreed. I think its fair to question his upside just based on the eye test, but hes proven he belongs as an solid NBA starter at worst. That wasnt obvious after last season, hes improved so much so quickly.
    he's now an 18/6/3 on 45/38/74 guy at 20 years of age. and he's doing this on what is so far a playoff team as a wing.

This is nowhere near his peak and he's already pretty good.

I never thought h4 could improve his 3 point shot like this

He looked pretty hopeless in the beginning of the season

Now up to 38 percent pretty crazy

Chris Paul would of been great for him

Mr caa leon rose

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    ehh, there's a good chance he's a 20ppg guy next year at 21 years of age. Look at the leap Jaylen Brown has made into a 24ppg scorer now at 24 years of age.

no reason why RJ can't eventually be a similar scorer, this is a guy that averaged 28ppg at Duke at 18 years of age despite sharing the ball with Zion and Cam.
    Yeah but Jayen Brown isn't likely to ever be a "Batman" either. And if he's second right now to a "Batman" and he's not far behind, why are the Celts fighting for a playoff seed? When someone says Batman, i think they mean something much more than what RJ is or will be. As stated earlier, he will likely be an all-star, but that doesn't make him Batman.

I could see RJ's game being pretty similar to Randles game now. All-star, but not Batman
    Last edited by Bivory; 04-08-2021 at 03:17 PM.

I don't see any reason why RJ couldn't be a Butler type with range out to three.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Yeah but Jayen Brown isn't likely to ever be a "Batman" either. And if he's second right now to a "Batman" and he's not far behind, why are the Celts fighting for a playoff seed? When someone says Batman, i think they mean something much more than what RJ is or will be. As stated earlier, he will likely be an all-star, but that doesn't make him Batman.

I could see RJ's game being pretty similar to Randles game now. All-star, but not Batman
    they are having a down year, it happens. but BOS has been damn good with him as one of their best players.

Can RJ ever lead a contender? who knows, but he's going to be damn good

Skys the limit. The skeptics said he couldnt shoot or ever shoot 3 pointers yet hes at 38%. They said His FTs sucked and hes up to 74%. One year jump. Hes a hard worker, hes strong, hes got size and all the talent in the world. Ideally he would get a little quicker first step but if he keeps working on that jumper and can hit 38% on higher volume he will get to the paint a ton easier and will be even more efficient
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I don't see any reason why RJ couldn't be a Butler type with range out to three.
    Butler has hops and more quickness RJ gets blocked a lot because he can't fly to rim and defenders can see his move coming. RJ should aim to be like 2021 DeRozan with more strength and better shooting.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Butler has hops and more quickness RJ gets blocked a lot because he can't fly to rim and defenders can see his move coming. RJ should aim to be like 2021 DeRozan with more strength and better shooting.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Lol no. 2011 demar was mediocre. Rjs got way more talent than that. Hes way ahead of butler was in year 2. Way ahead. Hes a hard worker hes only gonna get better
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

How Knicks posters overreact to every game. Had RJ not won us this game against Memphis it would have been " He is no Ja. "

RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    The big difference I see between them right now is passing. Butler is a great passer. Barrett has not shown that ability yet. I am not doubting his capability though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The big difference I see between them right now is passing. Butler is a great passer. Barrett has not shown that ability yet. I am not doubting his capability though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RJ is already a better outside shooter than Butler ever was. However right now I would say thats the only thing he is better at. Not only is Butler a very good passer and playmaker, his ball-handling and ability to finish at the rim or draw contact makes him elite. He has always kept his TOs super low and he has always got to the FA line at a great rate.

However the passing didnt really come until his 5th season at age 26. RJ has plenty of time to get to that level. Butler is also an elite defensive player and was known as that coming out of the draft. Like the rest of his game, RJ has made major strides defensively, but I wouldnt call him close to elite defensively.

Jimmy also played 4 years of college basketball. RJ has a lot of time to make up ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Jimmy also played 4 years of college basketball. RJ has a lot of time to make up ground.
    Agreed. RJ still has more room to fill out too.

Could see him closer to 225 in his prime.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast