Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    It’s really insane how well he’s shot the 3 this year.

Place he needs to improve the most is from 3-10ft. 31% is not going to cut it, and 22% of his FG attempts come from that range.
    agreed. he needs an in between game. his % at the rim is already elite and so is his 3 ball %. even long 2's he's good at now. though I can't imagine him as a knockdown in your face elite 3pt shooter. but he's picking his spots well.

RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    agreed. he needs an in between game. his % at the rim is already elite and so is his 3 ball %. even long 2's he's good at now. though I can't imagine him as a knockdown in your face elite 3pt shooter. but he's picking his spots well.
    He seemed to be doing a better job taking what the defense was giving mid season. Right now his mind is made up and he's going to try and get all the way to hole when he drives. I think he has some mid range game but he needs to recognize when to use it and when to make the pass instead of forcing all the way to the cup. When he recognizes these spots his % at the rim goes up to bc he doesn't have attempts where it's clear he is going to get blocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    This seems surprising to me. Does this factor in blocked shots? My eye test tells me he misses a ton of close attempts at the rim if we're including getting blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    This seems surprising to me. Does this factor in blocked shots? My eye test tells me he misses a ton of close attempts at the rim if we're including getting blocked.
    0-3 ft:

RJ is 61.8%
    Payton is 60%
    Randle is 67%

absolutely, a block is a miss. and most of his FGA's (33%) are from 0-3. So despite the blocks he's still doing work down there. Maybe some of the blocks are also 4 feet and further.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    20 years old. #2 option on a top 5 team in the conference.

Shoulda traded down for Cam Reddish.
    Ding!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

For me like how Paul George is right now for the Clippers, Barrett is exactly that for the Knicks in the sense that he is just a good complimentary piece/star but will never be a #1 option and that is okay

Yeah RJ is not elite at the rim, maybe average.

A lot of work needs to be done on his inside game, unless he becomes a beast in the mid-range.

RJ Barrett

A lot of work needs to be done on his inside game, unless he becomes a beast in the mid-range.
    Is there a way to see leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    0-3 ft:

RJ is 61.8%
    Payton is 60%
    Randle is 67%
    Is there a leaderboard? What is Freek, Zion, or Kyrie (he is a great little man finisher)

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Is there a leaderboard? What is Freek, Zion, or Kyrie (he is a great little man finisher)

Kyrie is 61% for his career, 63% this year. I dont think there is a leaderboard for it though.

Zion and Greek are both over 70% but those aren't fair comps, bigs are going to be better finishers at the rim than a guard.

62% at the rim for a guard is much better than average. And when you factor in his age, he's really above average. Payton being at 59% is honestly pretty surprising.

you can do stats all day, the point that Payton is right there with RJ tells you this.

Why does RJ stand out as not above average? Because he's not, when he forces things or in critical moments he isn't a good finisher, some in here go by stats, the eye test is all you need and a little logic.

If Multiple fans see the same thing then maybe there is something besides stats to it......just saying.

Elite, well RJ technically plays SF also but lets just call it wing, unless your trying to prove a point with Stats:

Kawhi is a 77.2% finisher, and 70.4 for his career, that's elite and he does it in big moments

PG13 is a 63.6% finisher

Reggie Jackson is a 61.3 finisher

Rondo at over 60%

that is just one team's wings and pg's

Because it was asked Kyrie is a 63.1% finisher

Harden is a 67% finisher

But here is the thing with RJ when he is able to attack the rim all the way to the rim he is good, and as one stat minded poster said he takes most of his shot at the rim? Let's be exact here lol, 32.5% from 0-3 and 22.8 from 3-10, and 9.1% from 10-16, and 7% from 16-3P and 28.7% from 3.

Summantic's most players will take more than that % from 0-3, and since the allstar break RJ's is becoming even more of a jump shooter especially threes.

Now RJ's deception in close is he fades away and doesn't take contact like most will at the rim, that becomes a 3-10 foot shot.

You know what RJ's percentage is from 3-10? it's all of 31.4%

You know the deception at the rim that we see is most of his fades which is more than 3ft away so we think it's at the rim but it's not classified that way.

So is he a good finisher? Kind of how you look at the definition, if you want one sided facts on % yea it looks good but then take the Payton test who also does the same thing when he don't go to the rim and fades a bit and his % from that 3 ft range drops to 39%.

We watch every game and every play, the eye test isn't lying, he needs improvement on finishing at the rim, and the definition of finishing at the rim is just that and maybe he'll get more fouls that way, because what we see is RJ on the floor out of bounds then late getting back on Defense on some of those not at the rim.

He's 20 years old hasn't come close to playing two full seasons and this kid is going to be special, that improvement in his shot is just uncanny, and his FT's and i'm sure he'll work on getting more fouls like the elite do which helps them become high % rim makers because of fouls.

Now sooner than later, cover your man for the three' please lol

Bullock technically plays SF, RJ is our SG. not that it really matters, anyway he's finishing very well at the rim, maybe not at a Khawi level but few do.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 05-10-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast