Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

The average weight of a shooting guard is approximately 211 lbs. Let's look at the weight of some of the best scoring guards playing today:

Steph Curry 190 lbs

Damian Lillard 194 lbs

Zach Lavine 200 lbs

Bradley Beal 207 lbs

RJ Barrett is approximately 214 lbs. His problem is NOT weight. His problem is skill and smarts. He needs to develop an 8 ft jumper in traffic. He needs to stop driving into 3-4 guys at critical moments.

He’s a 20 year old 2nd year player who has already shown significant progress on some facets of his game. Dude is a no drama gym rat with a very calm demeanor. I like RJ and have no doubts that he will continue to improve.

RJ has lot to improve other top 5 picks they can find a way to score on there own but RJ is just a catch and shoot player and thats when he is open. Ja, Zion, Fox, DM, Booker, Edward, KP, Young, Luka, Levart, Sexton, Tatum, Towns, Simmons. Since he lacks quickness and hops the only way I think he can beat someone one on one is by becoming more skilled and crafty player but that takes decades it's not easy you see Randle whose 27 but even he has not mastered it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The average weight of a shooting guard is approximately 211 lbs. Let's look at the weight of some of the best scoring guards playing today:

Steph Curry 190 lbs

Damian Lillard 194 lbs

Zach Lavine 200 lbs

Bradley Beal 207 lbs

RJ Barrett is approximately 214 lbs. His problem is NOT weight. His problem is skill and smarts. He needs to develop an 8 ft jumper in traffic. He needs to stop driving into 3-4 guys at critical moments.
    why are you comparing RJ who is a 6'6 SG/SF to 6'3 PG's?...lol of course he's going to weigh more!

Better comps are Derozan, Butler, Khawi, Brown...etc

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    RJ has lot to improve other top 5 picks they can find a way to score on there own but RJ is just a catch and shoot player and thats when he is open. Ja, Zion, Fox, DM, Booker, Edward, KP, Young, Luka, Levart, Sexton, Tatum, Towns, Simmons. Since he lacks quickness and hops the only way I think he can beat someone one on one is by becoming more skilled and crafty player but that takes decades it's not easy you see Randle whose 27 but even he has not mastered it.

Barrett doesn’t have the wiggle a lot those other guys do or insane finishing ability that Zion has. He does have something none of those guys do. He reads the floor better then every guy on that list. He’s not a better catch and shoot player bc he is Klay Thompson or Reggie Miller. He isn’t one of the purest shooters ever. It’s of bc of his understanding of what is happening on the floor and his movement. The wiggle will get better too and it wouldn’t shock me if he maxes out his improvements there as well by being better at recognizing when to use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Barrett doesn’t have the wiggle a lot those other guys do or insane finishing ability that Zion has. He does have something none of those guys do. He reads the floor better then every guy on that list. He’s not a better catch and shoot player bc he is Klay Thompson or Reggie Miller. He isn’t one of the purest shooters ever. It’s of bc of his understanding of what is happening on the floor and his movement. The wiggle will get better too and it wouldn’t shock me if he maxes out his improvements there as well by being better at recognizing when to use it

Really you think so? I don't see it if he could read the floor better why is his guy always open with all the time to shoot 3s?

Really you think so? I don't see it if he could read the floor better why is his guy always open with all the time to shoot 3s?

Yes. It's why he gets so many open looks. It also why he is the guy the finds the soft spot in the middle of zone. He is also good defender on a very good defensive team. You act like you are some kind if realist but you are not you are just negative

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yes. It's why he gets so many open looks. It also why he is the guy the finds the soft spot in the middle of zone. He is also good defender on a very good defensive team. You act like you are some kind if realist but you are not you are just negative

Stilla and youngstuna also call out his lack of defense guess they're negative ppl also?

RJ Barrett

Stilla and youngstuna also call out his lack of defense guess they're negative ppl also?

No you. They frequently have positive things to say as well

I think we talk about his close outs, it's terrible, but he plays defense, everyone gets beat, but the kid is also 20 and it's rare guys are top defenders at 20.

I more blame the coaching staff because if they can't see how far off he is then there is a problem, this is by design and he doesn't have that close out ability or quick read to anticipate, so i'd play him a couple steps closer to his man, it's also rare we hear RJ with the great help defense, so get closer

I've said this all year long, every game thread, that don't make him a bad defender.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I think we talk about his close outs, it's terrible, but he plays defense, everyone gets beat, but the kid is also 20 and it's rare guys are top defenders at 20.

I more blame the coaching staff because if they can't see how far off he is then there is a problem, this is by design and he doesn't have that close out ability or quick read to anticipate, so i'd play him a couple steps closer to his man, it's also rare we hear RJ with the great help defense, so get closer

I've said this all year long, every game thread, that don't make him a bad defender.
    Fair take Still.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    why are you comparing RJ who is a 6'6 SG/SF to 6'3 PG's?...lol of course he's going to weigh more!

Better comps are Derozan, Butler, Khawi, Brown...etc
    Lmao yeah I thought that was odd. I would hope RJ in his prime is a solid 220-225 lbs. DeRozan is 6’6” 220, that should be RJ’s minimum.

I haven’t really talked much about RJ’s defense tbh. I think he’s a much better defender in Year 2 and still has room for improvement. But he’s very solid IMO. Can’t complain much when our defense is so good.

I'm just seeing this kid at 22 years old and holy crap, and you know something he will have that Zion don't?

Playoff experience, which is going to add to his resume and experience, and he's a major part of why we are even here to talk about playoffs

Jonathan Wasserman
    @NBADraftWass
    ·
    11h
    RJ Barrett now at 39.9% 3PT for the season (70 games). What a fast jump. Shaky shooter in HS/NCAA to a good before turning 21.

Shooting better from deep than every 2019 lotto pick, including Ja, Hunter, Garland (39.4%), White, Herro, Cam Johnson, Washington (39.4%).

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast