Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The good news is, based on that recent ESPN article, RJ and his trainer know exactly where he needs to get better next year: shooting off the dribble and finishing near the basket.
    Year 3 is about to be serious. RJ is gonna pull up to the gym at 6’6” 225 lbs dunking on people and shooting pull-up Js in people’s faces.

The good news is, based on that recent ESPN article, RJ and his trainer know exactly where he needs to get better next year: shooting off the dribble and finishing near the basket.
    Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Got a link?
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...tt-year-2-leap

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Year 3 is about to be serious. RJ is gonna pull up to the gym at 6’6” 225 lbs dunking on people and shooting pull-up Js in people’s faces.
    Let's hope so. That would really solidify the Butler comparisons.

RJ Barrett

Let's hope so. That would really solidify the Butler comparisons.
    From a body perspective, I agree. They are kind of opposite players at this point though. RJ is now a C&S beast who plays better moving without the ball but struggles to create/finish consistently while Jimmy can’t shoot 3s and but creates and finishes with the best of them. With RJ shooting like this though, he doesn’t need to be an elite finisher like we thought he had to be. Jimmy’s mid-range isn’t good tbh, this is the first season he’s been >40%. RJ could easily get on his level in that area next year.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-10-2021 at 08:57 PM.

From a body perspective, I agree. They are kind of opposite players at this point though. RJ is now a C&S beast who plays better moving without the ball but struggles to create/finish consistently while Jimmy can’t shoot 3s and but creates and finishes with the best of them. With RJ shooting like this though, he doesn’t need to be an elite finisher like we thought he had to be. Jimmy’s mid-range isn’t good tbh, this is the first season he’s been >40%. RJ could easily get on his level in that area next year.
    I think RJ has the passing ability though. If he can start becoming a better finisher and shooter off the dribble, that's going to unlock a lot of his game.

I really hope RJ Barrett doesn't bulk up anymore.

As Lebron James will tell you, all these guys who bulked up had serious injuries: Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Kristaps Porzingis, etc. Muscle betrays you over time in a sport that is largely predicated on height and flexibility.

RJ Barrett physique is perfectly acclimated so he can handle the trend of guard-forward prototypes coming out.

The only downside of RJ Barrett's game is the fact, he can't create his own shot.

If you noticed, slowly but surely RJ Barrett is playing/thriving with the second unit led by D. Rose.

Julius Randle is perfect alongside Bullock, Payton, and Mitch because he IS the engine. Randle and Barrett is touch and go.

RJ is only 20 and has the frame that could add more weight. He should naturally gain another 10lbs within the next 3-4 years IMO.

RJ is only 20 and has the frame that could add more weight. He should naturally gain another 10lbs within the next 3-4 years IMO.
    If he adds more weight then even Eddy Curry will outrun him on fastbreak.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Muscle weight, he'll be fine he's a junky for constantly playing, shooting, working out, this is an area that really shouldn't be a discussion in a negative manner, he's fine

The Internet says Barrett is 214. I'd guess he'more. He is horse strong and can move people already. He doesn't have great in air flexibility so I don't think he should be looking to add mass. I think both rookies could stand to get stronger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Muscle weight, he'll be fine he's a junky for constantly playing, shooting, working out, this is an area that really shouldn't be a discussion in a negative manner, he's fine
    Yeah that’s what I meant, wasn’t being negative at all

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Internet says Barrett is 214. I'd guess he'more. He is horse strong and can move people already. He doesn't have great in air flexibility so I don't think he should be looking to add mass. I think both rookies could stand to get stronger

RJ can still get stronger. He can’t bully bigger players and struggles against the trees at times.

RJ will outwork anyone in practice time, thats why ive always believed in him. He has that hunger in him

RJ can still get stronger. He can’t bully bigger players and struggles against the trees at times.
    Muscle is not going to stop him from getting a his shot blocked. I think Barrett is one of the strongest 3s in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast