Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RJ Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I haven't seen any of the Pelicans games this year but from looking at his stats, he seems very impressive. Disappointing only because of his hype and what he could have become but definitely looking like a potential all star every year
    Hes still a beast 0 doubt about it but I havent seen any improvement so far. No jumper. No new moves. Hes a stud for sure I just thought he was gonna come in and take a big time step.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Hes still a beast 0 doubt about it but I havent seen any improvement so far. No jumper. No new moves. Hes a stud for sure I just thought he was gonna come in and take a big time step.
    Hes not shooting jumpers and he needs to hit some but he is handling the Ball on the perimeter a lot more this year and putting up similar numbers. Last year he was more catch and one maybe two dribbles and up. This year he is being used more like they used him at Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yeah he is a disappointing 23 and 7 on 58% from the field lol

I've watched a handful of Pel game, let's put it this way, he's not taking difficult shots and I'm shocked he's not in Mitch territory % wise, he takes no three's and passes up footers.

Now don't get me wrong what he does to his strengths are super, but he really has not improved but the season is so so early.

Hes not shooting jumpers and he needs to hit some but he is handling the Ball on the perimeter a lot more this year and putting up similar numbers. Last year he was more catch and one maybe two dribbles and up. This year he is being used more like they used him at Duke.

Yeah, he's being used more like, dare I say, Randle, which is funny because that's how the comparison started when Zion was in college to begin with. It never meant they were equals, which is how people took it some how.

At a glance the Pelicans made a lot of head scratching moves but I think Griffin's bigger picture has been having just about every single draft pick in several drafts to come.

Steven Adams and Zion Williamson have spacing issues. Bledsoe is a combo guard that hasn't really fit well with his teammates. With Lonzo Ball set to be an UFA in the off-season and Kira Lewis Jr is still a work in progress. I wonder will Griffin pile some picks and move up to get Cade Cunningham? If that happens, someone needs to die.

As for RJ Barrett, he's improved quite nicely. All of his numbers are up EXCEPT 3-point perspective. Just gotta understand that's not his forte'. Not all great players have a 3-point shot. RJ has learned to develop an arsenal of weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    At a glance the Pelicans made a lot of head scratching moves but I think Griffin's bigger picture has been having just about every single draft pick in several drafts to come.

Steven Adams and Zion Williamson have spacing issues. Bledsoe is a combo guard that hasn't really fit well with his teammates. With Lonzo Ball set to be an UFA in the off-season and Kira Lewis Jr is still a work in progress. I wonder will Griffin pile some picks and move up to get Cade Cunningham? If that happens, someone needs to die.

As for RJ Barrett, he's improved quite nicely. All of his numbers are up EXCEPT 3-point perspective. Just gotta understand that's not his forte'. Not all great players have a 3-point shot. RJ has learned to develop an arsenal of weapons.
    I love what Thibs is doing with RJ though, he's getting him the corner 3. easiest 3ball. RJ is at 50% on the year on corner 3's,up from .299% last year. he needs to work his way out slowly, but i have confidence RJ will be a solid 3 pt shooter in a year or two.

crazy to look at a guy like Butler, hasnt made a single 3 all year. Derozan also went almost 2 years in SA and barely hit any 3's.

Barrett is definitely pulling out more and more tricks as he gets really comfortable. Im really impressed. Im starting to think he could really be the 3rd best player in this draft. Very impressed.

Barrett has a Win Share of 0.9 third best on the team, Mitch and Randle both have 2.1
    His Defensive W/S is 0.7 and the three of them are basically anchoring one of the best defenses in the league. Once we are along in the season assuming he doesn't go into another shooting funk his Offensive WS has nowhere to go but up. So I don't get a lot of the criticism.

I would say even when he is not shooting well he is a twenty year old second year player who is positively impacting the game.

Non related thing that stood out Quickley has higher usage number 25.6 than Payton 23.8

Plus Barrett is also adapting to other teams having started to game plan for him. Thibs himself said so in an interview.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

@cologneloring
    [emoji599]UPDATED[emoji599]

RJ Barrett over his last ten games:

20.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 3.1 assists while putting up a 52/43/83 shooting split. [emoji36][emoji91][emoji36][emoji91]

https://twitter.com/cologneloring/st...660260361?s=20

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    @cologneloring
    [emoji599]UPDATED[emoji599]

RJ Barrett over his last ten games:

20.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 3.1 assists while putting up a 52/43/83 shooting split. [emoji36][emoji91][emoji36][emoji91]

https://twitter.com/cologneloring/st...660260361?s=20

Fantastic. I cant believe how much he is improving. I pegged as a solid starter nothing more. Kid is a stud. I remember last year hed drive into traffic and contort in all kinds of weird ways. Hed double clutch all the time. Now he is great powerful finisher and he seems to be getting craftier and craftier on his drives. Kudos to RJ

Fantastic. I cant believe how much he is improving. I pegged as a solid starter nothing more. Kid is a stud. I remember last year hed drive into traffic and contort in all kinds of weird ways. Hed double clutch all the time. Now he is great powerful finisher and he seems to be getting craftier and craftier on his drives. Kudos to RJ

Hiring a army of development coaches paid off plus shooting coach drew also played a role.

You can hire all the coaches but you can't coach desire.

RJ Barrett had the self-motivation to get better and it's paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Hiring a army of development coaches paid off plus shooting coach drew also played a role.

Yep, but also he has that mamba mentality, where he wants to be the best he can possibly be, and is willing to work for it.

Hes had that since day 1.

He wants to be great, everything he does in his life, is aimed at being great.

Gonna echo the above. Was never worried about RJ given his pedigree, IQ, and work ethic.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast