Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Yanks To Sign Former Cy Young Winner Corey Kluber

Not sure about this one. Reminds me of the Kevin Brown deal.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Yankees finalizing a deal with Kluber

According to Passan the Yanks are finalizing a deal with Kluber, no word on terms
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...zing-deal.html

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Yanks To Sign Former Cy Young Winner Corey Kluber

Literally everyone.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Whoops didn't see mush was 3 mins ahead of me.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Kluber deal with Yankees is expected to be for 10M plus according to Heyman.

Kluber deal is indeed in $10M to $11M range with Yankees. Pending physical

Heyman

Doesn't mention years.

They must have a lot of faith in his ability to bounce back. Thats a lot of money even on a 1 year deal(if that's what it is) for a guy who's pitched a handful of times in the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    According to Passan the Yanks are finalizing a deal with Kluber, no word on terms
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...zing-deal.html
    if kluber is 3/4 of the pitcher he was it's a great deal..

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Kluber deal is indeed in $10M to $11M range with Yankees. Pending physical

Heyman

Doesn't mention years.

They must have a lot of faith in his ability to bounce back. Thats a lot of money even on a 1 year deal(if that's what it is) for a guy who's pitched a handful of times in the last two seasons.

Yep. Reason for concern, as I mentioned earlier. Regardless of money, more concerned with health.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

1 year 11 million. Not sure if any incentives make it that high or if there are any incentives in this at all.

I think they probably feel more confident than most teams would be and have alot of inside info from Cressey. I'm sure that they are counting on Cressey to keep him healthy and Blake to get him close to the form he was in when they worked together in Cleveland... With those 2guys on our staff that know Kluber the best, if he's going to bounce back were probably his best chance.. they said from his workout that he looked 100% healthy and his velo at 89-91 is right in line with where it should be a month out from ST

Of all the FA pitchers Kluber probably had the highest ceiling of anyone other than Bauer. He's a command/control/ change speeds/ movement guy and they tend to age much better than power pitchers.

Its a risky as hell move to count so heavily on 2 guys in Kluber and Sevy that haven't pitched in 2 yrs and German hasn't pitched in a yr but if they all can return to somewhat similar numbers to what they all did last time they were healthy we could have quite the rotation.

Now you gotta wonder if they are done, if they are still trying to get Brantley and likely move Frazier for pitching ? what about the BP? I absolutely think they need to get a power RHed BP arm

^^ You answered my question and some of my concerns. Let's hope.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Minus the facial hair

Of course.

For some reason i didn't realize Kluber was going to be 35 by the time the season starts. I actually thought he was 32 or 33. Hopefully he'll turn into our version of Curt Schilling or Justin Verlander, as far as performance goes.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Meh. 1 year deal for 11 mil. If he's solid, he replaces Tank. If he's back to himself, it's a steal. If he stinks, it's a one year deal

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    For some reason i didn't realize Kluber was going to be 35 by the time the season starts. I actually thought he was 32 or 33. Hopefully he'll turn into our version of Curt Schilling or Justin Verlander, as far as performance goes.
    This is Kevin Brown 2004/2005 but worse.

Kluber should be the 3rd or 4th slot.

We need a true #2 not Cashman rolling the damn dice again with dumpster dives.

I wonder how Sauron feels about this.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-16-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast