Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Man I am glad no one had smart phones when I was young and in college I am sure I have said some stupid things sober not to mention the nights I was hammered. Yes it was a dumb thing to say but **** that was 22 years ago I hope he has grown up a little since then. I am going out on a limb and saying with twitter, facebook, and everything else out there that a 22 year old quote of a drunken guy hinting at a rival school is gay or his school isn't gay (yes I understand the negativity of it) is the only thing you can find on someone then I think its a safe hire.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ch/4182680001/

Something the Fords will have to evaluate before hiring him, if they do in fact hire him.

Edit: The author of said article apparently liked to drop the f bomb so there is that irony to writing this article.
    Thatís crazy... that was so long ago, so many people are touchy nowadays. Itís hard to hold someone accountable for something that may have commonly used way back then. I give him a pass though I donít condone that language today. Should be hired, Iím certain heíll issue a public apology.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Man I am glad no one had smart phones when I was young and in college I am sure I have said some stupid things sober not to mention the nights I was hammered. Yes it was a dumb thing to say but **** that was 22 years ago I hope he has grown up a little since then. I am going out on a limb and saying with twitter, facebook, and everything else out there that a 22 year old quote of a drunken guy hinting at a rival school is gay or his school isn't gay (yes I understand the negativity of it) is the only thing you can find on someone then I think its a safe hire.
    Iím with you man, I said and did so many stupid things that Iím great full that there were no smartphones back then. I probably wouldnít be where i am now if the recorded and posted my stupid things.
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ch/4182680001/

Something the Fords will have to evaluate before hiring him, if they do in fact hire him.

Edit: The author of said article apparently liked to drop the f bomb so there is that irony to writing this article.
    I think i read in a different thread that you had concerns about him having a ďrun firstĒ mentality.... hereís something i found.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/...-hire-reaction

The Lions likely have answers to these questions after their initial interview, but there just isnít much public information on this. On Friday, a quote from Campbell went viral, suggesting he was an old-school, run-the-ball-first kind of mind, but that was taken out of context a bit. Hereís the full segment, from this nice profile on the Sporting News:

During his playing days as a Texas A&M tight end in the late 1990s, Campbell took a class on leadership while pursing his undergraduate degree. The focus of one project paper was Parcells, who Campbell said shared many of the same beliefs as then-Aggies head coach R.C. Slocum.

ďJust from a philosophy standpoint on how you play the game, offensively and defensively, it was like identical,Ē Campbell said. ďItís about running the football. Your quarterback makes smart decisions. You donít win or lose with the quarterback. Your defense is balls-to-the-wall, all-out.
    There, he is not talking about his philosophy, but those of his mentors: Bill Parcells and his Texas A&M coach R.C. Slocum. Sure, heís likely taken a lot of inspiration from both, but this was from back in the 1990s. Itís reasonable to believe heís changed his outlook on the game, especially after spending the last five years with one of the most successful passing teams in the league in the Saints.
    [img] [/img]

The #Lions will hire #Saints TE coach Dan Campbell to be their next head coach after the Saints exit the playoffs,
    @JayGlazer
    confirms.
    Saw that on twitter.

What he does with the coordinators is going to be crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I think i read in a different thread that you had concerns about him having a ďrun firstĒ mentality.... hereís something i found.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/...-hire-reaction
    Yeah the quote I saw was out of context talking specifically about his time under other coaches, not exactly his philosophy. I suppose only time will tell on what he actually wants to run.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    As long as he has shown growth and understanding of how and why the thing he said was bad it'll have no issue with the hire, on that front at least. They just need to be sure before he gets the job, as homophobia has no place in modern society.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 01-16-2021 at 09:31 PM.

so we hired a guy we don't know much about

exactly what i wanted

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    so we hired a guy we don't know much about

exactly what i wanted
    Itís best this way, you can fall in love or hate the pick.
    [img] [/img]

Itís best this way, you can fall in love or hate the pick.
    right why have any expectations

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    right why have any expectations
    This is the way.
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I understand the cap ramifications and the impact the amount of dead money that will be left if he is trade. However, I honestly don't care. This team is nowhere close to being competitive and I'd take the cap ramifications to ensure we get another top 5 draft pick. I don't want them making another stupid signing like Flowers or Vaitai.

Also, I'd rather trade him now because we have an idea of his value. You wait a year and more than likely his value drops even more. So, if I'm another team looking to add a veteran QB because I believe that's our missing piece, I'm making a call to the Lions. The receiving team would essentially be on the hook for a 2 year / $43 million contract. That would rank him as the 20th highest-paid QB. This team neeeeeds to take on the full rebuild mentality.
    I get that you don't care,but the owners sure as hell will. It's just too big of a bit to take.

Thatís crazy... that was so long ago, so many people are touchy nowadays. Itís hard to hold someone accountable for something that may have commonly used way back then. I give him a pass though I donít condone that language today. Should be hired, Iím certain heíll issue a public apology.
    Gosh man, I've made so many anti gay remarks. Especially when I was younger. And I'm not even a homophobe. But I've definitely made remarks....because we've all ****en made remarks. It's ridiculous that this kind of stuff comes up,but you have dudes actively in the NFL that have beat women.

it doesn't matter who we hired, someone would've found something in his past that could be viewed as inflammatory

we could hire God herself and people would *****

and we'd still lose

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Gosh man, I've made so many anti gay remarks. Especially when I was younger. And I'm not even a homophobe. But I've definitely made remarks....because we've all ****en made remarks. It's ridiculous that this kind of stuff comes up,but you have dudes actively in the NFL that have beat women.
    Iím not homophobic either but Iím defiantly guilty... i clearly remember playing smear the q***r at recess... my whole school did.

It crazy that the nfl can keep players who beat their kids across their testicles with a switch but not player who said homophobia slurs 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 01-19-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    [img] [/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast