Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,241

    Wilson not consulted, against scapegoating Schottenheimer

    [Bell] Russell Wilson is clear he did not support nor get consulted on the #Seahawks firing Brian Schottenheimer as his play caller. "No. You ask me am I in favor of it? No."



    “If you ask me if I’m in favor of it? No,” Wilson said. “ … Coach Carroll decided that it is the time to make a change. He’s been doing this a lot longer than I have, so you’ve got to trust his decision.”

    “It’s super significant that we’re part of the process,” Wilson said. “And coach (Carroll) and I have definitely been talking about it. (General manager) John (Schneider), too. We’ve had some super-long conversations, great dialogue about the thought process of who we want and kind of the idea of what we want.”

    And if his comment that he wasn’t in favor of the firing of Schottenheimer could be construed as Wilson being at odds with Carroll, Wilson said “there hasn’t been any contention’’ with Carroll.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,241
    Sounds like Anthony Lynn might bring those Tyrod plays to be the new OC of the Seahawks.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Sounds like Anthony Lynn might bring those Tyrod plays to be the new OC of the Seahawks.
    Supposedly Pete wants to run the ball so Russ can't cook up any **** stew, so I'm thinking it'll be someone way more conservative and a guy that's on nobody's radar like a rando OL/RB coach.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,245
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Supposedly Pete wants to run the ball so Russ can't cook up any **** stew, so I'm thinking it'll be someone way more conservative and a guy that's on nobody's radar like a rando OL/RB coach.
    Lol.

    I hope it's not some random coordinator if we are going to run the ball at least bring in someone who can be innovative with it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,647
    Didn't Wilson make public comments against the former OC tho?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,773

    Wilson not consulted, against scapegoating Schottenheimer

    Why does every player think they should be asked about this stuff? Your not Michael jordon get over yourself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Why does every player think they should be asked about this stuff? Your not Michael jordon get over yourself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Franchise quarterbacks carry teams. Teams often set expectations that they'll consult with them on key decisions.


    It's absolutely an offensive move, the Seahawks are a good team because of Russell Wilson. The Texans have been relevant because of DeShaun Watson. Rodgers is the Packers. Brady was the Pats. Etc etc.


    Even if you're not talking about quarterbacks, fostering a good work culture is about a high level of communication. Transparency. Respect.
    Last edited by blams; 01-15-2021 at 08:03 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Franchise quarterbacks carry teams. Teams often set expectations that they'll consult with them on key decisions.


    It's absolutely an offensive move, the Seahawks are a good team because of Russell Wilson. The Texans have been relevant because of DeShaun Watson. Rodgers is the Packers. Brady was the Pats. Etc etc.


    Even if you're not talking about quarterbacks, fostering a good work culture is about a high level of communication. Transparency. Respect.
    Not to kick Wilson while he's down, but his last 8 games (and playoff game) show he's not the kind of QB who needs to have input on upper level management decisions. If Wilson deserves a say in his coaches, then I guess every franchise QB in the league does.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,086
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Not to kick Wilson while he's down, but his last 8 games (and playoff game) show he's not the kind of QB who needs to have input on upper level management decisions. If Wilson deserves a say in his coaches, then I guess every franchise QB in the league does.
    Wilson is a future hall of famer, no matter what happened in his last 8 games

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,773

    Wilson not consulted, against scapegoating Schottenheimer

    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Wilson is a future hall of famer, no matter what happened in his last 8 games

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    What? No he isn’t he hasn’t won a mvp and hasn’t won more then one super bowl. Is he good? Yes but he fades as the season goes on. He also had the liberty of playing with a generation defense that helped him get to those two Super Bowls and pretty much won him his only one. But I’m also in the camp that not everyone should be in the hall of fame. That being said this could easily change he is still young and could easily change any of what I said.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkt

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Why does every player think they should be asked about this stuff? Your not Michael jordon get over yourself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you mean? The media asked him a question he answered it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,186
    Seems like a good place to put this

    https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...695027713?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,314
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Wilson is a future hall of famer, no matter what happened in his last 8 games

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Lol, no.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,314
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Seems like a good place to put this

    https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...695027713?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They want to run the ball more, makes sense.

    /sarcasm

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,580
    I think it's dumb all these qbs want to get consulted. Not saying all GMs and owners are correct all the time by any means, but even elite qbs need someone to push them. And a lot of them wouldn't hire someone to push them, they would hire someone they are comfortable with.

    If you want to involve them in the process and basically give them a token interview, then that's fine, but their opinion shouldn't mean a ton. I always hate comparing sports to the real world, but there's a reason employees usually aren't a huge part of hiring their bosses. Alot of companies may include a few future employees in the process, but their input typically isn't weighted very heavily.

    That's how it should be for qbs and coaches. I look at Aaron Rodgers. He was "part" of the process in that the Packers allegedly called him before making a decision, but his say meant very little. And it worked out so far. I think it's fairly unlikely he would have hired Lafleur, but MLF has been exactly what he's needed. Same with Hackett at OC. Rodgers loves Hackett now, but if he was consulted on the hiring, I can almost guarantee he would have been pushing hard for some of his old Packers coaches like Alex Van Pelt, Tom Clements, Joe philbin or one of those guys to come back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •