Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charles Barkley: COVID Vaccine for Athletes due to High Taxes

What are you thoughts

On Inside the NBA, Chuck said that NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB and all other pro athletes should be able to cut front of the line to get the Covid-19 vaccination because they pay the most taxes. As a tax paying citizen, they deserve some preferential treatment.

Thoughts
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 01-25-2021 at 01:06 PM.

No.

Nope

I love Sir Charles but heís a real dumby

In other words he is saying the wealthy should get it first. Seeing as the wealthy are expected to pay the most taxes. I guess he doesn't realize that the pandemic disproportionately affects the poor and marginalized populations. or he just sees himself (or wealthy people) as more important.

Seems like a great spokesperson to represent the NBA during a time when the players are standing up for equal rights and fair treatment for all.

His tax argument is ignorant, but there is a logic to vaccinating professional athletes earlier. They have more social contacts than the average person, making them more dangerous as vectors of disease. They also provide an essential service to society in terms of entertainment.
    I'd be alright with them cutting in line, as long as they're required to invest in exponentially more vaccine doses for the less fortunate. You can cut in line, but you have to personally pay for the private vaccination of, say, 20 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    His tax argument is ignorant, but there is a logic to vaccinating professional athletes earlier. They have more social contacts than the average person, making them more dangerous as vectors of disease. They also provide an essential service to society in terms of entertainment.
    I'd be alright with them cutting in line, as long as they're required to invest in exponentially more vaccine doses for the less fortunate. You can cut in line, but you have to personally pay for the private vaccination of, say, 20 other people.
    This is absolutely the dumbest **** and biggest pile of crap Iíve ever read on these message boards.

They have more social contacts ? ... yea, if you mean attending rappers parties and going to strip clubs for hu hum ... Lemmon pepper wings!

The front line workers doctors and nurses and pharmacists in the hospital in both ICU and ER settings see more. They come in contact with actual sick confirmed covid diagnosed patients while there is an overflow due to not enough friggin beds and rooms !!! Thatís why they were tier 1A !!!!!

Again what an ignorant post. Youíre as ignorant and clueless as Chuck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This is absolutely the dumbest **** and biggest pile of crap Iíve ever read on these message boards.

They have more social contacts ? ... yea, if you mean attending rappers parties and going to strip clubs for hu hum ... Lemmon pepper wings!

The front line workers doctors and nurses and pharmacists in the hospital in both ICU and ER settings see more. They come in contact with actual sick confirmed covid diagnosed patients while there is an overflow due to not enough friggin beds and rooms !!! Thatís why they were tier 1A !!!!!

He's right in the sense that they travel more than 99 percent of the general population. Even if they're careful they have a lot more potential to be super spreaders than others.

I'm not sure if the vaccine slows down spread though. I don't remember hearing that being the case.

If it isn't, no athletes shouldn't get it quicker.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

no the elderly and those that work with the elderly should get it first.

Alot of medical professionals are lagging on getting vaxed so why not. Good luck getting the players to take it tho, the demo in the NBA is the least trusting of vaccines and the government in general.

Yeah let's give the vaccine to the healthiest young people first. That makes sense.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Yeah let's give the vaccine to the healthiest young people first. That makes sense.
    Hey Immanuel Quickley could have an unknown underlaying condition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    I love how you never break character ó never stop trolling. Obviously, I'm not talking about them getting vaccinated before healthcare workers. But if they can help fund exponentially more vaccine doses for other people in need, I'm fine with them getting in with the second tier of essential employees. They have more contacts than the average person through their very professions and the travel involved.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He's right in the sense that they travel more than 99 percent of the general population. Even if they're careful they have a lot more potential to be super spreaders than others.
    I'm not sure if the vaccine slows down spread though. I don't remember hearing that being the case.
    If it isn't, no athletes shouldn't get it quicker.
    They're traveling all around the country. It's basic logic they'd be more at risk. But don't try to explain that to him.

Rich people can afford to stay home and take care of themselves. Generally speaking poor people can't miss 14 days of work in a row.

Honestly, if that's really how it was going to be, I think most people would say **** it. No season then.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Hey Immanuel Quickley could have an unknown underlaying condition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I take it back.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast