Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,276

    Falcons to Hire Arthur Smith

    [Russini] The Atlanta Falcons have made an offer to Arthur Smith to become their next head coach per sources. Smith has been the offensive coordinator for the Titans the last 2 seasons.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,265
    Well he was offered a contract. I haven’t seen that he officially accepted it yet. A lot of teams were supposedly interested in him so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just waiting to see what other teams offers are and go through his options.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,513
    Ya if you’re him and you’ve had multiple offers I’d personally go through tape on the falcons and eagles and see what’s up there with the players and former coaching staff

    I’d make my decision that way

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,265

    Falcons to Hire Arthur Smith

    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Ya if you’re him and you’ve had multiple offers I’d personally go through tape on the falcons and eagles and see what’s up there with the players and former coaching staff

    I’d make my decision that way
    Yeah, several teams are interested in him and he might actually have more than one offer on the table but the falcons are the only one that is public with it at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised if his people leaked that falcons offer to put pressure on another team that he prefers. The falcons aren’t a very desirable location so yeah going over his options is best.

    He might tell other teams that he’s already been in negotiations with “give me your best offer by Friday at 6pm” or something similar and then he will make his decision
    Last edited by QQQ; 01-15-2021 at 02:10 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    11,276
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Well he was offered a contract. I haven’t seen that he officially accepted it yet.
    Thus "to hire" and not "hired". But yes, still potential for something to change, probably for the next few hours.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

    IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,519
    It's official now. I'd say good hire by Atlanta.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •