Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Yankees bring back DJ!

Jon Morosi
    @jonmorosi
    ·
    45m
    Source: DJ LeMahieu is finalizing an agreement to return to the #Yankees. The deal could be completed as soon as today.
    @MLBNetwork

@MLB

Dan Clark
    @DanClarkSports
    ·
    18m
    With LeMahieu now set to ink with the Yankees, apparently just two teams are left in the race for Justin Turner now. #Dodgers clear favorites.

Ignorance is bliss

I'm very surprised that came together so quietly. Now i'm very curious for how much and how long. Its a lateral move but its far better than nothing. Now the real question is what they are going to do with the rotation and BP

Nothing confirmed yet but it sounds like he got his 5th yr... damn that probably means no top SS next yr unless they trade Voit

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Nothing confirmed yet but it sounds like he got his 5th yr... damn that probably means no top SS next yr unless they trade Voit

Great news if true. Still need pitching but keeping DJ is huge. If Voit has a decent year, he'd still be very tradeable next year. Now let's get a pitcher or two.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

6/90

He wanted to be a Yankee for the rest of his playing career. He took a lower AAV for 6 years. Overall numbers aren't bad at all. I would have thought $100MM minimum to land him.

That's indeed great news.

here is how it looks:

Yankees, DJ LeMahieu Nearing Agreement

By Steve Adams | January 15, 2021 at 9:10am CDT

9:10am: The contract is expected to land near the $90MM mark in total value, tweets MLB Network’s Jon Heyman. ESPN’s Jeff Passan tweets that it’ll be a six-year, $90MM contract. The $90MM overall guarantee isn’t particularly surprising, but it is indeed an eye-opener to see that sum come over a six-year term rather than five or even four years.

That LeMahieu agreed to a lengthier pact is a boost for the Yankees, as the associated $15MM luxury hit will “only” put the team at about $195MM in terms of 2021 luxury-tax obligations. That leaves the club with as much as $14-15MM of space before reaching the $210MM luxury barrier.

Exclamation Official: Yankees sign DJ LeMahieu to 6 year, $90M contract

Second baseman DJ LeMahieu and the New York Yankees are finalizing a six-year, $90M contract.

$90MM is a great deal. I thought $100MM was bare minimum and maybe more if another team really pushed.

Welcome back DJ!

Yankees, DJ LeMahieu Nearing Agreement

By Steve Adams | January 15, 2021 at 9:10am CDT

9:10am: The contract is expected to land near the $90MM mark in total value, tweets MLB Network’s Jon Heyman. ESPN’s Jeff Passan tweets that it’ll be a six-year, $90MM contract. The $90MM overall guarantee isn’t particularly surprising, but it is indeed an eye-opener to see that sum come over a six-year term rather than five or even four years.

That LeMahieu agreed to a lengthier pact is a boost for the Yankees, as the associated $15MM luxury hit will “only” put the team at about $195MM in terms of 2021 luxury-tax obligations. That leaves the club with as much as $14-15MM of space before reaching the $210MM luxury barrier.

Gotta see how the AAV works but would be great if it's $14m or so in 2021 and let's see if all 6 years are guaranteed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Gotta see how the AAV works but would be great if it's $14m or so in 2021 and let's see if all 6 years are guaranteed or not.
    Good point. The more back loaded the better.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good point. The more back loaded the better.
    everything i've read is its 6yr90m with an AAV of 15m. I'm actually surprised DJ took 15m, he must have really only wanted to play for the Yanks for the rest of his career like it was reported. He took less to sign here 2yrs ago also. Even though i would have rather have done the Lindor, Carrasco trade, DJ taking a lower AAV because he wants to stay here makes me like the guy even more.

If he ends up at 1st base for most of this deal, like yrs 3-6, this is a great signing for the Yanks. If they plan on him being the primary 2nd baseman for the next 6yrs you gotta question the deal a bit. Torres really is a far better 2nd baseman than a SS and it would be great if we could get Story or Lindor if he doesn't resign

It sounds like the Yanks had no problem with the $$$ or the years that he wanted, only the AAV... by spreading it out.. $15M/year... even if the Yanks have dead money the last 2 or 3 years, it works like a deferral or he could still be playing if he game doesn't fall off the cliff... almost like the Clemons deal where his last year and the buyout were the same number..

That will leave them room for another FA somewhere else..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think it's a great deal. I fully believe at age 38-39 dj will easily be a 15 mil per, player

Ignorance is bliss

Awesome news. Add kluber and try and add one more

Cole
    Kluber
    Sevy ( hope he comes back healthy)
    Garcia
    German/Schmidt
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast