Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jets24/7 View Post
    We've hired Jeff Ulbrich as our defensive coordinator.
    Donít know much about him

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Donít know much about him
    Would have prefered Aaron Glenn (obviously) because of the work we've seen with the Saints DBs.

Only concern I have on Ulbrich is he was only a DC when Raheem Morris became HC during the season, and even though the defense played better but it was Morris' defense.

Let's hope for the best and see what Ulbrich is about.

I do think the Jets may have tried to get Morris but he choose the Rams.

Bowles would never make any in game adjustments. He also never removed his buddy and that is what got them all fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlemnite7 View Post
    Bowles would never make any in game adjustments. He also never removed his buddy and that is what got them all fired.
    Bowles just got a Super Bowl ring where his defense shut down the Chiefs vaunted offense.

Pointless trying to knock Bowles when he is living it up right now.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Bowles just got a Super Bowl ring where his defense shut down the Chiefs vaunted offense.

Pointless trying to knock Bowles when he is living it up right now.
    Conversely, I really hope Gase is working as a waiter at a Chucky Cheese in Jersey

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Conversely, I really hope Gase is working as a waiter at a Chucky Cheese in Jersey
    He would still fvck that up

Guys who may improve with Gase gone

We know Gase ruined Darnold in New York.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Darnold is a stud this year with good coaching (and some good talent around him to boot)

What about some of the other guys who were affected by Gase's total incompetence?

RB - La'Mical Perrine - wasn't too impressed by his running last year, but, then again, he was running in an Adam Gase offense. Looked a lot better on his college tape, altho', I guess, a lot of guys do. If there were a normal coach and Frank Gore were getting all of the carries, that would tell us something - because it was Gase, it told us nothing. He was picked in the same round as Michael Carter and we're all excited about Carter.

TE - Chris Herndon - he went from a stud under Bowles to a dud under Gase. Herndon looked like he didn't know if he was coming or going the last two years after a promising rookie year. How much of Herndon's regression was caused by Gase's putrid offensive schemes?

C - Connor McGovern - the guy was quality until he got into Gase's offense last year. He went from one of the better centers in the league stats-wise to one of the worst. Could the total disarray of the offense have had an impact on McGovern's performance?

These are three guys who are young and showed some talent pre-Gase. They appear to be the ones that are most likely to flourish now that the dysfunction known as Gase is out of the picture. Plus the new coaches look like they may be quality and will actually aid, not destroy, their players ability with their offensive schemes.
    Last edited by ortforshort; 05-17-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Darnold is a stud this year with good coaching (and some good talent around him to boot)

What about some of the other guys who were affected by Gase's total incompetence?

RB - La'Mical Perrine - wasn't too impressed by his running last year, but, then again, he was running in an Adam Gase offense. Looked a lot better on his college tape, altho', I guess, a lot of guys do. If there were a normal coach and Frank Gore were getting all of the carries, that would tell us something - because it was Gase, it told us nothing. He was picked in the same round as Michael Carter and we're all excited about Carter.

TE - Chris Herndon - he went from a stud under Bowles to a dud under Gase. Herndon looked like he didn't know if he was coming or going the last two years after a promising rookie year. How much of Herndon's regression was caused by Gase's putrid offensive schemes?

C - Connor McGovern - the guy was quality until he got into Gase's offense last year. He went from one of the better centers in the league stats-wise to one of the worst. Could the total disarray of the offense have had an impact on McGovern's performance?

These are three guys who are young and showed some talent pre-Gase. They appear to be the ones that are most likely to flourish now that the dysfunction known as Gase is out of the picture. Plus the new coaches look like they may be quality and will actually aid, not destroy, their players ability with their offensive schemes.
    100% for McGovern. He was a top 10 center the year he was signed and then was terrible. I don't think he got bad overnight.

I am a big Wesco fan. I hope both he and Herndon have good years.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post

Herndon and McGovern have secured rostor spots, although Herndon (the incumbent) may have to battle to retain the TE1.

Perrine however, is on the bubble.

Ty Johnson looked good last year, and he is fast.
    Speedy RBs are favored in LaFleur's offense.

Newly drafted Carter is going to be on the team too.
    Quick twitch RB.

Jets signed Tevin Coleman to a 1 yr deal because he's familar with the system.
    And fast.

Jets just claimed RB Austin Walter from San Francisco.
    He's mostly just STs though.

Perrine is going to have to show something to stick, because Johnson played in that same putrid offense last year and he was more impressive by comparison.

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/13...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Wow. The difference between Saleh and the coach formerly known as azz faced douche bag, is incredible

It really shows you who he is around the 1030 mark. Talking about how to maximize players bodies and physicality and needing to have a cohesive unit of people helping them.
    He mentioned something about defenses not being cohesive and miscommunication. He talked about it in the sense the DBs, LBs and Line not being on the same page because each coach is calling their own coverage or scheme... Hmmm. I believe I remember the former coach talking about doing just that.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/13...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Wow. The difference between Saleh and the coach formerly known as azz faced douche bag, is incredible

It really shows you who he is around the 1030 mark. Talking about how to maximize players bodies and physicality and needing to have a cohesive unit of people helping them.
    He mentioned something about defenses not being cohesive and miscommunication. He talked about it in the sense the DBs, LBs and Line not being on the same page because each coach is calling their own coverage or scheme... Hmmm. I believe I remember the former coach talking about doing just that.
    Saleh has done more with just his presence and energy, than Gase did in 2 full years as HC.
    The way the NY crowd enbraced him at the Knicks game was awesome.

Saleh appears to be the result of a cross-hybrid between Herm Edwards and Rex Ryan.
    Let's just hope that Wilson gives Saleh the QB, that Herm and Rex never had.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123