Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Hire Saleh

Jets Hire Saleh

IG: JosinaAnderson
    @JosinaAnderson

2h
    A source who was a candidate for the job told me the #Jets informed them they are hiring Robert Saleh.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

[Schefter] New Jetsí HC Robert Saleh is expected to take 49ers passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur as his offensive coordinator, per sources.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    [Schefter] New Jetsí HC Robert Saleh is expected to take 49ers passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur as his offensive coordinator, per sources.
    Oh boy.

I like Saleh, but Mike LaFleur is a nice pickup.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Jets super bowl champs next season!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Jets super bowl champs next season!
    I'll take it!

I am super pumped with the hire. When Adam Gase was the previous coach a half eaten hotdog would be a better coach....but I think Saleh is going to be great. What he did this year with all those injuries on D proved he's good at his job, not just rolling out a bunch of talent and letting them do their thing.

Good hire for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I'll take it!

I am super pumped with the hire. When Adam Gase was the previous coach a half eaten hotdog would be a better coach....but I think Saleh is going to be great. What he did this year with all those injuries on D proved he's good at his job, not just rolling out a bunch of talent and letting them do their thing.
    Yeah, his defense is impressive, but he's gonna need to get some good LBs before it functions well. Fred Warner might be the best LB in the game and Kwon Alexander is a good second fiddle when he's healthy. That defense only works with quick decisions by athletic LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I'll take it!

There is a big difference between hiring a DC over an OC. OC are proven to be much better at success as a HC as Arthur Smith would have been a much better hire considering the direct impact he had on Tannehill. Now the Falcons hired the next Sean McVay. That's what Sam Darnold need help the most is an HC who can work closely with the QB at the pro level.

Robert Saleh may end up being the next Vic Fangio who was a great DC who earn raves from his former players of da Bears but the Broncos sux under his lackluster leadership. I guess the Jets will never learn and you fell for it too?

https://youtu.be/YpSPU03R3gE

Eagles should have hired this guy to help Wentz but they blew that chance again [emoji1751]

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Yeah, his defense is impressive, but he's gonna need to get some good LBs before it functions well. Fred Warner might be the best LB in the game and Kwon Alexander is a good second fiddle when he's healthy. That defense only works with quick decisions by athletic LBs.
    The Jets offense struggled more as Gase grew a big ego. Its about hiring young great minds to help the QB reach their potential like Kevin Stefanski. Great defensive minds are better if they remain as DC but should get paid like an HC because they earn it imho.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    There is a big difference between hiring a DC over an OC. OC are proven to be much better at success as a HC as Arthur Smith would have been a much better hire considering the direct impact he had on Tannehill. Now the Falcons hired the next Sean McVay. That's what Sam Darnold need help the most is an HC who can work closely with the QB at the pro level.

Robert Saleh may end up being the next Vic Fangio who was a great DC who earn raves from his former players of da Bears but the Broncos sux under his lackluster leadership. I guess the Jets will never learn and you fell for it too?

https://youtu.be/YpSPU03R3gE

Eagles should have hired this guy to help Wentz but they blew that chance again [emoji1751]
    I like how it was for sure Arthur Smith who helped develop tannehill. Or it's also possible they just finally played a system with the types of talent to unlock tannehill too and there wasn't anything special that Smith did.

HC is about leadership and being able to hire the right people. But it's also truthfully partially about luck. If any of the new coaches get get a bad GM, they're screwed.

Every year someone ranks coaching hires. And outside of a few big, obvious whiffs, like Gabe in NY, they're almost always inaccurate. I agree I prefer an offensive coach. That way you don't have to change your offensive system every few years if your OC leaves. But it's almost impossible to really figure out what's going to make a good head coach that saying a DC is obviously wrong and a different OC is obviously right is just foolish.

OC are proven to be much better at success as a HC
    At least historically it's the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I like how it was for sure Arthur Smith who helped develop tannehill. Or it's also possible they just finally played a system with the types of talent to unlock tannehill too and there wasn't anything special that Smith did.

HC is about leadership and being able to hire the right people. But it's also truthfully partially about luck. If any of the new coaches get get a bad GM, they're screwed.

Every year someone ranks coaching hires. And outside of a few big, obvious whiffs, like Gabe in NY, they're almost always inaccurate. I agree I prefer an offensive coach. That way you don't have to change your offensive system every few years if your OC leaves. But it's almost impossible to really figure out what's going to make a good head coach that saying a DC is obviously wrong and a different OC is obviously right is just foolish.
    I agree leadership ability is a very important criteria for a HC but one who was very involved in creating complex schemes to take advantage of mismatches are a rare breed where they end up being the de facto OC while being the HC like Shanahan or Kingsbury who doesn't bother hiring an OC but handles the coordination himself. I think Arthur Smith has the ability to do that even though he may not be a natural leader.

https://youtu.be/SBtfOq_ugdM

Winning gains respect for the most part and he would be my top choice over any other coordinators. I doubt Saleh was an understudy of Shanahan nor did he had the time to learn from him but if he did and can incorporate his offensive schemes then it will be a jackpot hire!!! [emoji33][emoji79]

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    At least historically it's the opposite.
    Back in the smash mouth days when defense is king like the 85 Bears but with the new safety rules in place, its all about offense over defense.

Maybe if Saleh ask for a copy of Shanahan's playbook as a parting gift, it would be the smartest decision ever without stealing a copy before leaving [emoji23]

Back in the smash mouth days when defense is king like the 85 Bears but with the new safety rules in place, its all about offense over defense.

Maybe if Saleh ask for a copy of Shanahan's playbook as a parting gift, it would be the smartest decision ever without stealing a copy before leaving [emoji23]
    He's taking Mike LaFleur with him, but a playbook will only take you this far.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He's taking Mike LaFleur with him, but a playbook will only take you this far.
    I know but im sure Lafleur does have a copy being the passing coordinator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast