Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    New mlb.com mock. Iíll be pretty happy if the Cubs can choose with Ford and Bachman on the board.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mock-mlb-draft-2021
    Bachman just brings such great BTO jokes that the younger generation just won't get. And I'm all for that. Hey, you, Cubs. Take care of business, take Bachman, because you ain't seen nothin yet.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Bachman just brings such great BTO jokes that the younger generation just won't get. And I'm all for that. Hey, you, Cubs. Take care of business, take Bachman, because you ain't seen nothin yet.

I love me some BTO.
    Screw sabermetics.

In 1974, Not Fragile was the first album that I ever purchased with money that I saved as a 12 year old.

As I got older, I used to open the album cover and use it to shake all the seeds out of my bag of weed!

Bain hitting 99 is awesome. That dude is a STARTER. I mean, it was probably in short stint...but he's a SP.

2021 Chicago Cubs Minor League Thread

Bain hitting 99 is awesome. That dude is a STARTER. I mean, it was probably in short stint...but he's a SP.

Good number for Gallardo too.

Sounds like Jensenís control has been brutal in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Good number for Gallardo too.

Sounds like Jensenís control has been brutal in AZ.
    I'm gonna hope it's just rust with a weird year off.

Whatever happened to that Louisville reliever we took a couple years ago that through like 102?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Whatever happened to that Louisville reliever we took a couple years ago that through like 102?

McAvene? He's still here. And very interesting

McAvene? He's still here. And very interesting

Thats who I was thinking of. Couldnt remember his name. Didnt see him up on that velocity tweet. Was wondering what his status was? Where is he in the system? Last I remember they were trying to make him a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Thats who I was thinking of. Couldnt remember his name. Didn't see him up on that velocity tweet. Was wondering what his status was? Where is he in the system? Last I remember they were trying to make him a starter.

So the tweet came from AZ Phil. My guess is there's a few possible reasons why he isn't on that list; many of those names are guys you would expect in lower levels (Max Bain, probably gets the opening day nod in Myrtle Beach, for example, which is low-A). He also may not have thrown this day, or AZ Phil may have missed it. I'd guess he's probably going to start at SB or Tennessee, depending on where he goes; rotation in SB for a few starts, TN if he's in the pen, would be my guess. Byran Smith seems to suggest in February that he's going to the rotation still. McAvene has mentioned that he's worked on a 2 seam and a new curve, too, which I think fully supports the idea they have not given up the rotation dream.

He's a wild card. But he's another guy the Cubs have in the system we should be excited about. The amount of high-upside players the Cubs have right now is a lot. Most will fizzle, but it's exciting it'll help dampen the blow of this MLB team which fluctuates between awful and mildly enticing.

So the tweet came from AZ Phil. My guess is there's a few possible reasons why he isn't on that list; many of those names are guys you would expect in lower levels (Max Bain, probably gets the opening day nod in Myrtle Beach, for example, which is low-A). He also may not have thrown this day, or AZ Phil may have missed it. I'd guess he's probably going to start at SB or Tennessee, depending on where he goes; rotation in SB for a few starts, TN if he's in the pen, would be my guess. Byran Smith seems to suggest in February that he's going to the rotation still. McAvene has mentioned that he's worked on a 2 seam and a new curve, too, which I think fully supports the idea they have not given up the rotation dream.

He's a wild card. But he's another guy the Cubs have in the system we should be excited about. The amount of high-upside players the Cubs have right now is a lot. Most will fizzle, but it's exciting it'll help dampen the blow of this MLB team which fluctuates between awful and mildly enticing.
    Awesome thanks.

Im pretty excited about Bain. Ive been following him since i read that Bleacher Nation story about him a few months ago. Would be awesome to see him pan out.

Max Bain, RHP, Chicago Cubs
    There are several pitchers in Cubs camp throwing much, much harder than before. I saw*Richard Gallardo,*Eury Ramos,*Yovanny Cruz,*Cayne Ueckert,*Bryan Hudson, and Ben Leeper all touch at least 96 mph over the last couple of days. Among them is Max Bain, a 23-year-old Indy Ball signee who lost 50 pounds and found 10 mph during four months of intense training at Cressey Sports Performance. His fastball ranged from 94-98 during my look, mostly 96-98, and Bain held that deep into his start, likely the last bit of his minor league spring training run before heading to an affiliate. Heís not especially good at spinning the fastball but it does have angle that works at the top of the strike zone, and pairs well with Bainís above-average, low-80s power curveball.
    I also saw some plus, upper-80s slider/cutters that had versatile utility, either as a chase pitch off the plate or as a back-door offering. I think heíll have to throw his breaking stuff for strikes to continue developing as a starter since the fastball command isnít especially good, but thereís a starterís build, repertoire depth, and in-game stamina here. The Cubs are finally developing pitching after their failure to do so probably curtailed their coreís window for contention.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Lotta talent here

https://twitter.com/Pelicanbaseball/...682417668?s=19

2021 Chicago Cubs Minor League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Lotta talent here

https://twitter.com/Pelicanbaseball/...682417668?s=19

And here:

https://twitter.com/tonyandracki23/s...656005642?s=21

Kohl Franklin isnít on either roster. Might be an injury situation with him. No McAvene or Clark too.
    Last edited by CP_414; 04-30-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast