Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,216 to 1,218 of 1218
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The Cubs have been generally less aggressive with SP prospects than they have been with RP or hitters (I think largely out of injury concerns). It should also probably be reminded; he struggled in HS baseball. I'm super excited he's come to instructs and been showing out in small sample sizes, but I don't know if the Cubs are going to promote an 18 year old SP to MB in the spring, if that's what you're suggesting.

I think an aggressive timeline looks for him something like this:
    Gray returns to the ACL and pitches there for 2 or so months and sees a promotion June/July to MB. He'd still be among the absolute youngest SP's in the league. And you can more closely monitor his IP early in the year before moving him up to MB for a full-time 5 day rotation. You can ramp him up slowly IP wise this way for a young kid. It's always better to be a few months slower in MiLB than run into a TJS situation and lose 18 months.
    Did he really? I read he hit .700 his senior year. Not doubting you im just curious why scouts thought he struggled. Was he just average in prior years.

Yeah totally get its a small sample size but the did challenge Howard right away. Might be Hoyers MO over Theos.

I wasnt necessarily talking about Gray. Cubs definetly move their pitchers slow and im expecting that with him. I was only talking about aggresive placement with Triantos.

EDIT: I just realized I quoted a post about Gray and meant to quote one about Triantos

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Did he really? I read he hit .700 his senior year. Not doubting you im just curious why scouts thought he struggled. Was he just average in prior years.

Yeah totally get its a small sample size but the did challenge Howard right away. Might be Hoyers MO over Theos.

I wasnt necessarily talking about Gray. Cubs definetly move their pitchers slow and im expecting that with him. I was only talking about aggresive placement with Triantos.

EDIT: I just realized I quoted a post about Gray and meant to quote one about Triantos

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Gray didn't even make his varsity team as a P in his last full season as a P (it's a very good prep school so even the JV team ain't bad, but that isn't a great pre-draft season, being unable to crack the varsity team as the position drafted). He's been great but it's probably better to slow play him a bit for injury concerns.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/voiceofcohen/sta...213206531?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182