Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1251
  1. #1141
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,518

  2. #1142
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,990
    https://twitter.com/IowaCubs/status/...934199808?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  3. #1143
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,951
    Great news, Marquez & Amaya on the mend. On track for 2022 ST but might get some fall or winter games.

    https://twitter.com/nbcchicago/statu...314415618?s=19

  4. #1144
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    8,990
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    Great news, Marquez & Amaya on the mend. On track for 2022 ST but might get some fall or winter games.

    https://twitter.com/nbcchicago/statu...314415618?s=19
    Im probably in the minority here, but Amaya offensively does nothing for me, i just dont think he gonna be much with the bat.

    Right now all i see is a good defensive backup catcher

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  5. #1145
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13,431
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Im probably in the minority here, but Amaya offensively does nothing for me, i just dont think he gonna be much with the bat.

    Right now all i see is a good defensive backup catcher

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Itís always much more likely than not that non elite prospects will fail or settle in as low level players/backups.

  6. #1146
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,375
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Im probably in the minority here, but Amaya offensively does nothing for me, i just dont think he gonna be much with the bat.

    Right now all i see is a good defensive backup catcher

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I see Mike Zunino when I see Amaya. A guy who can handle the staff nicely and will have a solid offensively season now and then.
    Screw sabermetics.

  7. #1147
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,508
    Amaya, yet another catcher with pretty good D that can't hit.

  8. #1148
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58,856
    Amaya has hit well for his age and level. Cp414 is correct, non elite prospects are more likely to fail than be great. Amaya is not elite. That said, the amount of acting like Amaya has never hit, is insane.

    Amaya has hit at every level above league average. The negativity is unwarranted. Skepticism is fine. I'm not sure what he will do as pitchers get better. I think it's the right thing...he's not a sure thing. But that's a different beast than being negative and acting like he's a no-hit catcher. He's hit. It's not a question. The question is will he continue? Not "has he?". Objectively he has.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 09-17-2021 at 06:05 PM.

  9. #1149
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    224
    Boddy and Cincinnati part ways ...Cubs were interested in him before.

    From Bleacher Nation:
    "Boddy and the Reds had a really unique situation going, where he was still in charge of Driveline (an independent pitcher development shop) and also in charge of Reds pitching development. It kinda seemed like a dream scenario for the Reds, and itís entirely possible they are now in tremendous pitching shape under the hood in the farm system. But only two years, one of which was a pandemic, is interesting. I wonder what the separation is about, and whether the philosophies just didnít align as well as they thought originally. Whatever the case, Boddy is almost certainly going to be highly sought after by other organizations, at least at a consultant level."

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  10. #1150
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13,431

    2021 Chicago Cubs Minor League Thread

    Triantos might already be a top 3 prospect in this system.

    Itíll be interesting to see how the teenage bats (Hernandez, Triantos, Precaido, Caissie, PCA, Alcantara, Howard, Made, Pinango) get ranked this offseason. Also will be interesting to see how the top pitching prospects get ranked with Marquez, Jensen, Wicks, Kilian, Herz.

    I think you can make a good case for Davis, Hernandez, Triantos, Precaido as the 4 best prospects in the system.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-18-2021 at 10:44 PM.

  11. #1151
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58,856
    Triantos has 2 more HRs today. And a double.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  12. #1152
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,483
    Triantos ends his ACL (100 AB) stint with a 327/376/594 line

    8 walks to 17 Ks

    Kid is super exciting

  13. #1153
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,685
    Wonder how aggreasive they will be woth Triantos next season. He seems to have a very advanced bat.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #1154
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13,431

    2021 Chicago Cubs Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Wonder how aggreasive they will be woth Triantos next season. He seems to have a very advanced bat.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I expect to see him start in MB along with Caissie, Alcantara, Precaido. Iím not sure if PCA will start there or if they move him right to SB. Howard and Santana should probably open in MB again, too. It wouldnít be crazy to start Hernandez there either, but with that glut of infielders and Hernandez not having played in the US yet I assume heíll start in the ACL.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-18-2021 at 06:44 PM.

  15. #1155
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,964
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I expect to see him start in MB along with Caissie, Alcantara, Precaido. Iím not sure if PCA will start there or if they move him right to SB. Howard and Santana should probably open in MB again, too. It wouldnít be crazy to start Hernandez there either, but with that glut of infielders and Hernandez not having played in the US yet I assume heíll start in the ACL.
    That MB team would feel like an all star team lmao.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •