Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 781 to 789 of 789
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58,628
    Caissie bomb.
    Mena bomb.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,213
    Caissie is so undermatched and yes I know that's not a word

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58,628
    Preciado triples. God ACL is a ****ing blast.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  4. #784
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    14,888
    Get these dudes to Myrtle.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13,136

    2021 Chicago Cubs Minor League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Get these dudes to Myrtle.
    No rush really. Theyll open next year at MB either way. Caissie is dominating but needs to pull the K rate down a bit. Precaido has been great but some more time dominating the ACL wont hurt him and its easier for him to get starts at SS in the ACL right now. I kind of like keeping Precaido, Caissie, and Alcantara together for a bit. Id actually prefer if they swapped Howard and Santana to let Howard try to dominate the ACL for a little bit too.

    I expect that Caissie and maybe Preciado and Alcantara will get a taste of MB before the end of the season.
    Last edited by CP_414; Today at 12:22 AM.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,213
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    No rush really. Theyll open next year at MB either way. Caissie is dominating but needs to pull the K rate down a bit. Precaido has been great but some more time dominating the ACL wont hurt him and its easier for him to get starts at SS in the ACL right now. I kind of like keeping Precaido, Caissie, and Alcantara together for a bit. Id actually prefer if they swapped Howard and Santana to let Howard try to dominate the ACL for a little bit too.

    I expect that Caissie and maybe Preciado and Alcantara will get a taste of MB before the end of the season.
    I know that we say this a lot when players take a lot of walks with those Ks, but this dude was at 27% both K and BB before this game. He obviously works counts at an elite level. His eye at the plate is off the charts. You wonder how much is swing and miss and how much is poor calls by the umps. Even just a few can swing that rate quite a bit.

    I agree there is no rush. Let him go Bonds on that league. Not only is his TTO otherworldly right now, but look at his GO/AO of .30 lol... Just absurd. The only hole to poke in his offensive game is the Ks and it's not even that bad.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    13,136
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I know that we say this a lot when players take a lot of walks with those Ks, but this dude was at 27% both K and BB before this game. He obviously works counts at an elite level. His eye at the plate is off the charts. You wonder how much is swing and miss and how much is poor calls by the umps. Even just a few can swing that rate quite a bit.

    I agree there is no rush. Let him go Bonds on that league. Not only is his TTO otherworldly right now, but look at his GO/AO of .30 lol... Just absurd. The only hole to poke in his offensive game is the Ks and it's not even that bad.
    Yeah, Im not really worried about it at all, but since there is no rush they might as well let him try to pull that K rate down before moving up.

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    51,152
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I know that we say this a lot when players take a lot of walks with those Ks, but this dude was at 27% both K and BB before this game. He obviously works counts at an elite level. His eye at the plate is off the charts. You wonder how much is swing and miss and how much is poor calls by the umps. Even just a few can swing that rate quite a bit.

    I agree there is no rush. Let him go Bonds on that league. Not only is his TTO otherworldly right now, but look at his GO/AO of .30 lol... Just absurd. The only hole to poke in his offensive game is the Ks and it's not even that bad.
    His K rate is very, very, very bad. Striking out at the lowest level of the minors north of 25% is atrocious. You're right it's the only hole, but it's a massive one. He has time to change that, but almost nobody strikes out less as they move up through the minors.

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    His K rate is very, very, very bad. Striking out at the lowest level of the minors north of 25% is atrocious. You're right it's the only hole, but it's a massive one. He has time to change that, but almost nobody strikes out less as they move up through the minors.
    Still a pretty small sample size. The fact that hes K/BB% is even is encouraging. Its clear he has a good eye, now pitch selection will be the key to his development.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •