Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Iowa Cubs

Figured with Marquee showing Iowa Cubs games starting tonight, we could have a thread to talk about the games and players.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Iowa Cubs game to be broadcast on Marquee tonight
    Got milb tv and since the Cubs are off today I will probably watch SB today . Max Bein going . Want to see how he looks . Been keeping an eye on some of their better prospects . Itís going to be interesting to see how Nwogu hits velocity up . That swing looks a bit weird and i know it looks much much better than when they signed him. Getting beat with high heat early . Cam Sanders was good last night at AA.

Manny Rodriguez had a rough time on the 9th . Walk a couple and gave up a 3 run HR . Canít wait until Marquez / Franklin / Davis get going . Roberts will be interesting to follow as well.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Watch a little bit of Cole Wilcox yesterday againts MB . Too bad Cubs couldnít get him ( speculation that the Cubs wanted him in Yu deal .

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Figured with Marquee showing Iowa Cubs games starting tonight, we could have a thread to talk about the games and players.

There really isnít much to talk about with the Iowa Cubs .

Moved this to the minor league thread; this is exactly what that thread is for; discussion about minor league players and games...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Moved this to the minor league thread; this is exactly what that thread is for; discussion about minor league players and games...

Just figured we could use it like an IGT for the Iowa games instead of blowing this one up but whatever, didn't think it be a big deal...

https://twitter.com/voiceofcohen/sta...409511936?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Got milb tv and since the Cubs are off today I will probably watch SB today . Max Bein going . Want to see how he looks . Been keeping an eye on some of their better prospects . Itís going to be interesting to see how Nwogu hits velocity up . That swing looks a bit weird and i know it looks much much better than when they signed him. Getting beat with high heat early . Cam Sanders was good last night at AA.

Manny Rodriguez had a rough time on the 9th . Walk a couple and gave up a 3 run HR . Canít wait until Marquez / Franklin / Davis get going . Roberts will be interesting to follow as well.

Iím also looking forward to watching some of the SB game tonight. Bain has a great story. It would be fun to see him emerge as a legit prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Just figured we could use it like an IGT for the Iowa games instead of blowing this one up but whatever, didn't think it be a big deal...

https://twitter.com/voiceofcohen/sta...409511936?s=19

It's not a big deal, it's just exactly what this thread is for. We don't need IGTs for each league. This thread doesn't get used enough to bury the lede. No worries, just letting you know where it went.

Especially Iowa. There's little reason for IGTs for Joe Biagini and Trent Giambrones. Even Cory Abbot. While minorly interesting as a #5...hes a low ceiling prospect. There might be one or two posts in that thread about this game. Just not thread worthy, sadly.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 05-06-2021 at 06:03 PM.

https://twitter.com/IowaCubs/status/...787678210?s=19

https://www.mlb.com/news/mock-mlb-draft-2021-may-5

1908 or NoChillinChamp, any thoughts on McGreevy?

Seems like the 1% outcome there is Shane Bieber. Similar size, athleticism, velo, command, spin potential, same college program.

Obviously thatís an extreme best case scenario but he looks interesting as a name that is rising as we get closer to July.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mock-mlb-draft-2021-may-5

1908 or NoChillinChamp, any thoughts on McGreevy?

Seems like the 1% outcome there is Shane Bieber. Similar size, athleticism, velo, command, spin potential, same college program.

Obviously thatís an extreme best case scenario but he looks interesting as a name that is rising as we get closer to July.
    He's an extreme riser recently. I've only recently seen his name start popping up on my twitter feed, so I'm not super deep on him. From what I do know, he's added a lot of velo and spin this year. Dating back to last he was described as a "high floor prospect" by ProspectsLive300. He's gone from like a 4/5th round guy, to 2/3rd to maybe working into late 1st.

Just from what I read? He sounds like the kind of guy I'd expect the Dodgers to pick at like 25 and turn into a stud down the road. I like that he's got some spin it sounds like; Cubs seem to like the spin rate. They're working heavily into heavy fastball/sinker land too with their prospects under Breslow. I like what I'm seeing on McGreevy.

If you're into another high riser, Dylan Smith from Alabama. Previously picked by the Padres he's come way out of LF, and I think could work his way into late 1st round talks, too. He dominated Mizzou the other day, and has had a big year. Could be another guy like McGreevy to sneak in and be valuable. He's not as big, and doesn't throw as hard, but he's always been a "spin" guy (ding ding), but he's having a great year in the SEC, which adds a lot of value considering the offensive talent he sees daily.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 05-06-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He's an extreme riser recently. I've only recently seen his name start popping up on my twitter feed, so I'm not super deep on him. From what I do know, he's added a lot of velo and spin this year. Dating back to last he was described as a "high floor prospect" by ProspectsLive300. He's gone from like a 4/5th round guy, to 2/3rd to maybe working into late 1st.

Just from what I read? He sounds like the kind of guy I'd expect the Dodgers to pick at like 25 and turn into a stud down the road. I like that he's got some spin it sounds like; Cubs seem to like the spin rate. They're working heavily into heavy fastball/sinker land too with their prospects under Breslow. I like what I'm seeing on McGreevy.

If you're into another high riser, Dylan Smith from Alabama. Previously picked by the Padres he's come way out of LF, and I think could work his way into late 1st round talks, too. He dominated Mizzou the other day, and has had a big year. Could be another guy like McGreevy to sneak in and be valuable. He's not as big, and doesn't throw as hard, but he's always been a "spin" guy (ding ding), but he's having a great year in the SEC, which adds a lot of value considering the offensive talent he sees daily.
    Good info. Normally at this point we are within a month of the draft and there is a good amount of clarity on the names in consideration for the top 15 and for the 1st round. This year seems to have a little less certainty, but that makes sense with a later draft and some of the high school seasons that just started in the last few weeks because of Covid.

2021 Chicago Cubs Minor League Thread

Nice to see Amaya and Strumpf off to good starts in the first few games. South Bend was probably a conservative assignment for Strumpf to start the year.

I watched some of the Cubs minor league games last night. Bainís command was not strong but his stuff looked very good. Ethan Roberts got screwed by bad defense at 3b in his inning last night. The double he gave up was hit hard, but right at the 3b and it just ate him up. Then he had what would have been a ground out to third to end the game in mlb but the 3b played it into an infield hit. The next batter hit a 2 run single.

They didnít show velocity on any of the feeds I switched between but it looked like 100 from Robert Stock. Like Bain, his command wasnít strong but his stuff was obvious. It looks like his arm is going to fly off on every pitch. He had a nice pickoff move too. I think weíll see him in Chicago this summer if his arm stays attached.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Nice to see Amaya and Strumpf off to good starts in the first few games. South Bend was probably a conservative assignment for Strumpf to start the year.

I watched some of the Cubs minor league games last night. Bainís command was not strong but his stuff looked very good. Ethan Roberts got screwed by bad defense at 3b in his inning last night. The double he gave up was hit hard, but right at the 3b and it just ate him up. Then he had what would have been a ground out to third to end the game in mlb but the 3b played it into an infield hit. The next batter hit a 2 run single.

They didnít show velocity on any of the feeds I switched between but it looked like 100 from Robert Stock. Like Bain, his command wasnít strong but his stuff was obvious. It looks like his arm is going to fly off on every pitch. He had a nice pickoff move too. I think weíll see him in Chicago this summer if his arm stays attached.
    Strumpf seems to have added weight and strength. He hit some impressive opposite field doubles. He wasn't filled out and struggled with that previously. It's good to see.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast