Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    To me, him being in the Chris Taylor mold offensively would be an extreme best case scenario. Chris Taylor is really good and purely from a numbers standpoint his minor league stats were very different from Morelís.

His offensive upside feels more like Marisnick than Taylor to me, but with the ability to bounce between the infield and outfield defensively like Taylor. Iíd consider a Marisnick like bat from him to be a pretty big success.
    Yeah, I meant more of the "he can hit well enough to play a bunch of places" type of Taylor mold. I think Taylors the better player. And the much better hitter.

I'm not against moving Morel in a trade this winter though. If a team loves him...I'm cool. I think he's got an MLB future. But I'm not sure it's on a winning team.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Tatis strikes out a **** ton also. Always has. This is kind of ridiculous. KB was on a HOF trajectory after his first 3 years and if he can stay on the field in his 30s there's still a small chance he gets back into that conversation.
    Thatís true, no doubt he still has a strong chance depending on the next 5-10 years. Those first 3 years were amazing. I hope he rediscovers it (not not that he isnít still very very good)

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Awesome.

Heís the poor mans Javy of prospects. He does so many things really well but the obp is killer for me. He makes me doubt Morel as a prospect and it makes me not want the Cubs to sign Javy long term. I hope that, like Javy, he can find a way to be valuable despite likely having a low obp.
    I got the "poor man's Javy" vibe too from Morel. Thing is he doesn't hit for AVG, doesn't walk, and K's a lot, so his hit tool is bad. Offensively all he has is some pop, and there's a billion prospects with pop who can't hit. His athleticism and fielding are promising, hopefully he's a decent utility type.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I remember somebody saying the other day they wished we had a Tatis or Soto coming. Well here you go. Obviously Iím not making that comparison, but if you needed even more proof that Davis is the real deal, then here it is. I imagine he will be very high on every prospect list in a short time.
    His approach is somewhat advanced if he's hitting all these opposite field bombs off outside pitches, both breaking balls and fastballs etc. If you can hit outside pitches you'll do well in the minors. I wonder how he is on inside pitches, at some point at some level they'll start going there if he keeps this up.

The HR he hit at the Futures Game was right over the heart of the plate (95 mph fastball), slightly towards the inside half, that might be a good sign. One of his bombs today was down in the zone. So seems to have at least good plate coverage, a great sign.

I really think Brennen Davis is Jermaine Dye with wheels.

Different swings, similar batting stances, very similar offensive profile, both have good gloves and arms.

You give Dye some wheels and put him in CF and that's an excellent player.

So Hermosillo pulled a hammy last night. Hope that doesn't mean his shot with us is, shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I really think Brennen Davis is Jermaine Dye with wheels.

Different swings, similar batting stances, very similar offensive profile, both have good gloves and arms.

You give Dye some wheels and put him in CF and that's an excellent player.
    He reminds me a bit of Gary Matthews Jr. when he was healthy. Probably quite a bit more athletic though

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Any one have a subscription to TheAthletic? Keith Law just released his list

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Brennen is #20.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Davis at 20. Its only a top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    He reminds me a bit of Gary Matthews Jr. when he was healthy. Probably quite a bit more athletic though

You mean when he was juicing and healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Davis at 20. Its only a top 50.

In MiLB?
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    In MiLB?
    Yes. It's Laws top-50 MiLB list. He is at 20. Davis sits at 17 on Logenhagen's list he updated yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    You mean when he was juicing and healthy?
    Lol yes. I see a little bit of him in his swing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yes. It's Laws top-50 MiLB list. He is at 20. Davis sits at 17 on Logenhagen's list he updated yesterday.

Nice! Feels good to have a highly touted prospect again.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast