Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Okay, so let's say you are Brad Holmes. Everyone on the team is not on the roster in 2 years. Except, you can keep 5 players. Who are they?

1) D'Andre Swift
    2) T.J. Hockenson
    3) Frank Ragnow
    4) Jeff Okudah
    5) Romeo Okwara

Patricia and Quinn nearly brought this roster to the levels of the 0-16 team

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

Patricia and Quinn nearly brought this roster to the levels of the 0-16 team
    haha I'd argue that this roster is at that level. The only difference is that they were able to get something out of Stafford. Remember, that 0-16 team had Orlovsky, Culpepper, and Kitna all start games. Throw in Henson and Stanton in the mix as well....

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    haha I'd argue that this roster is at that level. The only difference is that they were able to get something out of Stafford. Remember, that 0-16 team had Orlovsky, Culpepper, and Kitna all start games. Throw in Henson and Stanton in the mix as well....
    I will say our offensive line is better than the 0-16 team. There is more hope for the future than that team had as well. The defense may be worse than that team though and that is saying a lot!
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

[img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

It seems we are going to run our Front office the way the Rams did:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/01/...-rod-wood.html

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I think its a pretty good system. You separate power structure allow people to focus on areas they are best at and try to build to a common goal. It is probably harder to get everyone working together for this but it allows people's strengths to be focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I think its a pretty good system. You separate power structure allow people to focus on areas they are best at and try to build to a common goal. It is probably harder to get everyone working together for this but it allows people's strengths to be focused on.
    I agree

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.

So I liked the talk, he seems the anti Quinn right now. Quinn always seemed a bit arrogant and Holmes has a much better speaking ability. Its nice to move on from the Quinn era.

[img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

So I liked the talk, he seems the anti Quinn right now. Quinn always seemed a bit arrogant and Holmes has a much better speaking ability. Its nice to move on from the Quinn era.
    yes it is

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

I have a feeling they're gonna gut the team (which IMO is a good thing). He was so against saying rebuild that I think he's just gonna blow everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I have a feeling they're gonna gut the team (which IMO is a good thing). He was so against saying rebuild that I think he's just gonna blow everything up.
    most of the dline and linebackers will have to go if we switch schemes anyhow. We don't have the 4-3 tackles (Penisini may be able to lock down the run stuffing DT but he may just be too slow) guys who can get in and cause havoc. We do have some 4-3 DE's in Bryant, Okwara (if re-signed), Hand, and Trey Flowers. How long can we keep waiting on Bryant and Hand to stay healthy though, I would say two years ago.

Again this is all about what defense we run but its going to be a major overhaul anyhow.

Quinn looked like a clown his first press conference

most of the dline and linebackers will have to go if we switch schemes anyhow. We don't have the 4-3 tackles (Penisini may be able to lock down the run stuffing DT but he may just be too slow) guys who can get in and cause havoc. We do have some 4-3 DE's in Bryant, Okwara (if re-signed), Hand, and Trey Flowers. How long can we keep waiting on Bryant and Hand to stay healthy though, I would say two years ago.

Again this is all about what defense we run but its going to be a major overhaul anyhow.
    True. the defensive personal is overall garbage. I can't wait to have a competent linebacking core. I know it may take more than 1 year, but I'm still excited about that potential. A linebacker that gasp can actually tackle someone. Something we haven't had since a single year of Deandry Levy.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    True. the defensive personal is overall garbage. I can't wait to have a competent linebacking core. I know it may take more than 1 year, but I'm still excited about that potential. A linebacker that gasp can actually tackle someone. Something we haven't had since a single year of Deandry Levy.
    Yeah Stafford replaced Landry...hope we don't have to wait as long to replace Spielman.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast