Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Better Big 4 to take down LeBron: KD/Ky/Beard/DJ vs KD/Steph/Klay/Dray

2017 Warriors won in 5 and 2018 Warriors swept LeBronís Cavs (Ky/Love in 17 and just Love in 18)

What will the 2021 Nets do to LeBronís Lakers (w/AD)

If the Nets & Lakers meet in the finals, and since KD has LeBronís # , how many games do you think the Nets beat the Lakers (assuming the Lakers get past the much improved Clippers out West) ?

Two things:

1. It's not an apples to apples comparison. Lebron's Lakers squad with AD is more talented and just a better overall basketball team than those Cavs teams, especially this year now that they've added some depth and got some legit No. 3 and No. 4 caliber guys around the star duo.

2. Any "Big 4" that includes this version of DJ is definitely not a big 4. It's a Big 3. And it's missing one of those guys as Kyrie is busy doing crazy Kyrie things. On paper, are Harden and Kyrie more talented than Steph, Klay and Dray? That's debatable. But that Warriors core fit like a glove, and this Brooklyn team still looks like a mess right now.

So, my answer should be obvious at this point, but I think we're pretty freaking far away from comparing those KD/Steph Warriors teams to this Brooklyn squad. Let's see Kyrie and Harden suit up together first and actually start winning games before we crown them. And even if they do play well together, I'm skeptical that they'll be as good as this Lakers team.

If Kyrie and Harden can get outta the clubs and just play basketball they should win the title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Two things:

1. It's not an apples to apples comparison. Lebron's Lakers squad with AD is more talented and just a better overall basketball team than those Cavs teams, especially this year now that they've added some depth and got some legit No. 3 and No. 4 caliber guys around the star duo.

2. Any "Big 4" that includes this version of DJ is definitely not a big 4. It's a Big 3. And it's missing one of those guys as Kyrie is busy doing crazy Kyrie things. On paper, are Harden and Kyrie more talented than Steph, Klay and Dray? That's debatable. But that Warriors core fit like a glove, and this Brooklyn team still looks like a mess right now.

So, my answer should be obvious at this point, but I think we're pretty freaking far away from comparing those KD/Steph Warriors teams to this Brooklyn squad. Let's see Kyrie and Harden suit up together first and actually start winning games before we crown them. And even if they do play well together, I'm skeptical that they'll be as good as this Lakers team.
    So much substance and straight up facts in this post. You shut me up. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    If Kyrie and Harden can get outta the clubs and just play basketball they should win the title this year.
    No substance at all

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I dunno, man. That trio is extremely talented, but the lack of size could end up being a pretty big problem if they have to face off in a series against elite bigs. Is DJ capable of defending Embiid or Davis for 30+ minutes a night? I'm pretty skeptical. They've got great wings and guards, but front court needs some work between now and the postseason if they want to get past any teams with size.

Lowry, Kawhi, Siakam, FVV

Thatís the dynasty killing big 4. Itís a shame nobody will ever get a chance to dethrone the greatest team ever assembled.

I dunno, man. That trio is extremely talented, but the lack of size could end up being a pretty big problem if they have to face off in a series against elite bigs. Is DJ capable of defending Embiid or Davis for 30+ minutes a night? I'm pretty skeptical. They've got great wings and guards, but front court needs some work between now and the postseason if they want to get past any teams with size.
    They have 3 open roster spots, might be able to snag a capable defender or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Lowry, Kawhi, Siakam, FVV

Thatís the dynasty killing big 4. Itís a shame nobody will ever get a chance to dethrone the greatest team ever assembled.
    I know itís a shame, unfortunately injures happened so the greatest team ever assembled never lost as Klay and KD were out. Then they broke up. O well.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I know itís a shame, unfortunately injures happened so the greatest team ever assembled never lost as Klay and KD were out. Then they broke up. O well.
    Nope, both KD and Klay played that series. Part of the game is injuries. They both got hurt and didnít play. Kyle Lowry was injured all series and stuck it out. Heart of a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    They only broke up because of the collusion And illegal terms of Jerry West & Uncle Dennis Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by lavar ball View Post
    they only broke up because of the collusion and illegal terms of jerry west & uncle dennis robertson
    l

Assuming everyone is 100%, I'd take KD/Steph/Klay/Dray over KD/Ky/Beard/DJ any day, all day.

There's only one ball. How are Kyrie and Harden going to work out when both like to dominate the ball? I don't see it.

And when you factor in the perception that Kyrie looks like he either has an undiagnosed mental health concern, or toked on bad ganja grown in psychotropic soil, I don't trust the Nets yet. Can they get on the same page for an intense 7 game series? I have my doubts.

The fact that one group was a recent dynasty and the other hasn't played a single game together makes it easy to lean to the GS group.

There is a ton of top end talent on Brooklyn, but we don't know how it will all look on the court yet. The GS dynasty is a pretty lofty ceiling for any collection of talent to reach.

This and they'll have to buy some leadership and sell some selfishness.

We'll prolly never see a team like GS again (Iggy deserves to be mentioned more than DJ). This is the most talent since the Heatles tho. No excuse for KD and Harden not to win, unless they aren't who we thought they were or they lose an epic series to a team worthy of respect not yet given.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast