Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Greatest WR core throughout the history of the NFL

A friend and I were having a discussion on which NFL team has the best WR core throughout their history in the NFL. It was a pretty good question and we both had the Vikings pretty high but that is easy to say when that's your team. We also talked about the Cowboys and 49ers. What are your thoughts?

Good question and honestly hard for me to go back much further than the 80's besides with the Vikes. Hell you look at recent history with the Vikes and it's hard to argue with what we have had.

Moss, Cris Carter, Anthony Carter, Jake Reed, Theilan, Diggs (though he'll hit his prime #'s with Buffalo), Harvin was a terrific all around player. Sid Rice was good but injuries got the best of him. I know I'm missing some here but those are just off the top of my head.

as far as Wrs, thats all but Sammy White from late 70s early 80s...Hassan Jone and John Gilliam had a couple good years. Cam Jordan's dad beasted at TE.

Cowboys, maybe, but the niners drop off a lot after Rice...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    as far as Wrs, thats all but Sammy White from late 70s early 80s...Hassan Jone and John Gilliam had a couple good years. Cam Jordan's dad beasted at TE.

Cowboys, maybe, but the niners drop off a lot after Rice...
    Ya Niners had Taylor who was good. TO left before he hit prime so kind of same boat as us with Diggs.

Steelers have a great core with Swann, Stallworth, Ward and Brown. Thats gotta be top 5 or top 3.

Hands down the Vikings. That starting combination of Bobby Wade and Robert Ferguson in 2007 was a force to be reckoned with.

In all seriousness, the Bucs from this year have one of the best WRing cores in history with Brown, Godwin and Evans. Every single one of those guys could be a WR1 on any other team. Their stats might not be the best because of Godwin's injuries and Brown joining the team late but next year I expect them to have record breaking numbers if they can stay together.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Hands down the Vikings. That starting combination of Bobby Wade and Robert Ferguson in 2007 was a force to be reckoned with.

In all seriousness, the Bucs from this year have one of the best WRing cores in history with Brown, Godwin and Evans. Every single one of those guys could be a WR1 on any other team. Their stats might not be the best because of Godwin's injuries and Brown joining the team late but next year I expect them to have record breaking numbers if they can stay together.
    OMG, can't forget Michael Jenkins! We always had optimism we could get much more out of them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Steelers have a great core with Swann, Stallworth, Ward and Brown. Thats gotta be top 5 or top 3.
    Ya they are probably #1 now that you mention it. They always produce WR's. Plaxico Burress was good for them. JuJu is likely gone but they got guys better than him anyways it appears. Mike Wallace was great for them. Santonio Holmes.

Claypool with the Steelers also had a great yr and looks good going forward. See what happens with Big Ben though.

Dolphins also had a decent group in 80's early 90's Mark Duper and Mark Clayton but not sure after them. Good thing Marino was throwing to them!!

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post

The Jerome Simpson/Michael Jenkins/Devin Aromashodu trio has to be up there as well.

Not sure why we fed AP all year in 2012 when we had 3 All pro receivers.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The Jerome Simpson/Michael Jenkins/Devin Aromashodu trio has to be up there as well.

I bet that year single handedly set back all three of their HOF runs. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

I know Ponder was bad but damn he was never setup for success. I always thought he should have been able to stick around longer as a backup QB. Maybe he didn't want that though?